1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Solomon

Solomon Heir

[imgur]Tjyk4r9[/imgur]
    It's Dead Rising. You're taking it too seriously. My big concern here is that they're ALSO taking it too seriously.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd definitely recommended it, it's a great series.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think what's more telling is the fact that Sony's conference isn't going to be covered at all on Spike. Instead, they're showing Dodgeball.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Uh, no, there's nothing telling about that. Sony's conference is during prime-time, and they can't show ads during it. They can show ads during Dodgeball. Ads make them money.

It's really not as evil as you're making it out to be.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Spike had a prime time special for E3 coverage last year on television. Also, the TV coverage lasted for multiple days.

This year, half a day of TV coverage bracketed solely around Microsoft and EA conferences. You have to go online for everything else.

Oh and what are they showing tomorrow during the actual E3 show? Reruns of tattoo nightmares, 1000 ways to die, and Auction hunters.

Trolololol. :awesome

6. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Star Wars: Battlefront!!

I forgive you, EA!! I forgive you for everything!!

8. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They're going to fuck it up.

9. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

I'm currently on a 15 minute honeymoon period where I believe that EA doesn't ruin everything it touches. Gonna be a hell of a crash

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
  11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Mirror's Edge 2 just got confirmed. I should stop being surprised when rumored games get confirmed.

12. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Battlefront 3.

Did they show it during the conference? I missed the first 15 mins.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Just a teaser.

14. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Mirror's Edge 2. Gonna have to make that 30 minutes of optimism before reality comes crashing back in

15. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Ah.

Found it.

16. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

So me and a friend decided to do a little commentary on it. We decided to watch the Microsoft presentation together. And we laughed. A lot. The Forza ultra-pretty thing that was a workhorse purely on graphics had a huge lighting fuckup right in the presentation, the Battlefield presentation almost had to be cancelled for technical difficulties. They tried to spin up Minecraft as being great but showed absolutely nothing new whatsoever, not even improved graphics or a nod that yes, third party skins and mods are still being worked on. 343 is now so far up it's own asshole that it thinks a guy in a hermetically-sealed super-suit with enviromental controls needs to wear ragged robes to get around, and that naming the next Halo game "Halo" is okay, because that's apparently a fucking fad now what with Turok, Tomb Raider, and a bunch of other shit games that did the same thing. And were, you will note, all shit.

It was laughs and good times all around on our front.

And then the longest run on sentence in human history happened.

Hey, have you seen this? I don't recognize this. We already saw Battlefield, oh Christ is this more Modern Warfare? Didn't they beat that horse enough already? Wait, wait, hold up. That's a mech-suit. What game has mech-suits? Shit son is this a revive of MechWarrior? Did Microsoft buy the rights to that one indy PC mech fighting game, because this looks an awful lot like that. Wait, no. There are guys running around on foot, too. The fuck is going on? Holy shit look at that. Fluid urban combat, non-standard mech designs, non-gimped jetpacks allowing for battlefields to take place in truly three-dimensional space, Jesus Christ that guy just did free-running parkour with a jetpack IN MIDAIR OFF A BUILDING, holy shit are you watching this look at that shit, that is a belt-fed goddamn rocket launcher, running and shooting, running and shooting, FINISH HIM, holy shit man this is amazing, this is what Modern Warfare and Battlefield wish they were doing right now, holy crap he just called down a mech-suit from the fucking sky, get in get in get in YES he's in holy shit yes the view inside are cameras digitizing a HUD from outside, because windows are just a goddamn target thank you fucking designers for making sense for once wait what is that what is that sweet mother of god he just used a magnetic gauntlet to throw debris at the enemy, did you see that TESLA CANNON. SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THAT IS A TESLA CANNON. Go in go in yes melee range holy shit yes melee attacks beat him down beat him down holy fucking shit finish him! YES! HOLY SHIT YES HE RIPPED THE OTHER GUY OUT OF THE COCKPIT AND CRUSHED HIM LIKE A HEART IN MORTAL KOMBAT! Wait shit too much damage eject eject EJECT yes holy shit we're free. Wait, what holy fuck yes he's jacking the enemy mech! Yes! YES! STAB HIM, STAB HIM, IT'S EXPOSED! SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT FUCK YES! Enemy DOWN! Holy christ man did you see that shit! This is going to be goddamn AMAZING multiplayer! I can't fucking wait to-

"Titanfall, coming out exclusively for the Xbox One."

. . .

. . . I no longer have a soul. My humanity, my empathy, my hopes and dreams. . . they are gone now. Dead. Frozen husks discarded on a blasted landscape of murdered dreams and forgotten, rusted wonders, the broken remnant of what Could Have Been, trampled to ruins beneath spiked claws and torn apart with jagged teeth.

I am filled only with a bitter hatred and despair.

God is dead. My people are forsaken.

Fuck this gay Earth.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Hahahahah, sure, for CONSOLES. Hell, it's not even exclusive to the Xbone for MICROSOFT consoles. At the EA conference they showed Titanfall again, and guess fucking what?

It's on the 360, and it's on the PC.

18. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

Not only that, I'm hearing murmurs that it's a 1-year exclusive, and that it'll come out on PS4 once that time is up.

Not confirmed or anything, but hey, it's already on PC. Good enough for me.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Witcher 3 looks amazing, even if they changed Geralt's face. AGAIN. Dude looks really old with that facial hair. Compare that face to Witcher 1, whoa.

Dragon Age 3... looks worse than Witcher 3, and the characters look ugly. Probably going to be another disappointment. And if my Warden isn't together with Morrigan, I'll be very annoyed.

20. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I noticed something similar with the main character's suit in Dead Space 3 having a coat thrown on it, despite that suit being able to withstand the frigid temperatures of deep space. I'm not sure if that was ever explained in the game or not, I haven't played it. Granted that at least looked cool, whereas the robes in this Halo trailer didn't.

Is it confirmed to actually just be called Halo? I just took that to be a placeholder. And Tomb Raider wasn't shit.

EDIT:

The trailer was CG, probably not an indicator of what they'll look like in-game. Though Dragon Age 2 wasn't exactly pretty, so they probably won't look gorgeous or anything in-game either. Hopefully there's at least some improvement. My character also went with Morrigan. I don't have high hopes for this game, but I am curious as to what they plan on doing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013