1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

See:

:p

lolwut

2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I feel this is very unfair to me. I am indubitably a simpleton, but lovable, really? You're stretching it a bit.

3. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

So yeah, anyone else exited to see what power roles exist in this game? The lack of vanilla roles makes me happy.

Also I tried to analyze all the posts in this thread and I got confused. I am going to enjoy seeing the amount of nonsense people make up.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

why aren't you voting anyone?

---------- Post automerged at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

beep boop

rolefishing detected

5. SmileOfTheKill

See!

I was an obs in the last game and while everyone had enough paranoia to make it a scum victory, the lack of power roles removed some of the crazy Mafia games can have.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, I really don't.

7. Rubicon

I don't like this sentence. You think power roles make things more fun, okay, you're looking forward to seeing all the different abilities here, okay. But mentioning paranoia and suggesting paranoia leads to mafia victories seems like a not-so-subtle way to deflect my accusation. It's the odd sentence out in your post and makes me wonder why you felt you needed to include it.

Vote: SmileOfTheKill

8. SmileOfTheKill

Rubicon is over analyzing being excited for role fishing. Apparently you are as well.

---------- Post automerged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

How to make this as simple as possible I enjoy watching Mafia games as I have done so for a while. I've also been in a fair amount of Mafias and hell, even hosted my own failure of one. Once Mafia started again after a fair amount of time, I am kicked out due to RNG, and then it was a low power Mafia. It was funny due to the paranoia, but it was dumb how it ended.

Now I am in one for what it feels like the first time in a year and it is high power. I enjoy the higher power as long as Jon is not Gilgamesh.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vote:Smile

LACK of paranoia lost us that game. Clearly trying to sway recollections of the game. Also thinking of it as a scum victory instead of a town defeat.

10. Rubicon

I don't totally dislike this. You're still scum though

---------- Post automerged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

hmm

you seem defensive

I think I'm onto something here guys

11. Koalas

High Score:
    Don't even try to pretend your doing more then shooting in the dark

12. Rubicon

As a side note, as long as we're talking power roles, now seems like an excellent time for me to admit I'm Ender Wiggin, Vanilla Town.

---------- Post automerged at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Maybe, but you defending Smile makes me think I'm not totally off the mark.

---------- Post automerged at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

chainsaw defending him, in fact

---------- Post automerged at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Actually, that shift from attacking Smile in #29 to calling out my attack on Smile as a "shot in the dark" two posts later is weird. What's up with that? Do you find Smile suspicious or don't you?

13. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Because we have 96 hours for day 1? No reason to rush. I'd rather just let people blunder into scumtells like spreading blame onto the town like nutella on a waffle.
    And while we're roleclaiming, I'm that janitor who fished Bean out of the toilet tank in Ender's Shadow. My power is that I can fish anyone out of the toilet. Which means my rival, Bonzo Madrid must have a special power to put people in the toilet. Rubicon smells like shit. Rubicon is Bonzo, confirmed.

VOTE: Rubicon

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not even excited.

Seriously though... some power roles suck anyways D8 like in DLPMafia :/

15. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Hey guys. Just checking in.

I don't want to be that guy who get's lynched for being silent on Day 1.

Regarding Day 1, there's no point in pointing fingers at each other over zero information. We should just random lynch and use the voting info on D1 to sniff out scum.

Vote: Rubicon

That's for asking to be scum on pregame thread. :sherlock:

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Someone needs to look up chainsaw. And defending.

I voted for Smile cause he's acting bad. You're bad because you couldn't be going more "Look at how Town I am guys!!!1!"

17. SmileOfTheKill

I am very happy you said something about chainsaw defending because hell I was just as confused as you.

Now, I was thinking about paranoia on the part of Sesc. The rest of the alive town just fell into the doctor claim by the scum and that made it a scum victory. A call that ballzy and the following mod-gaming was impressive.

Anyways, I get the, call random people scum on the first day thing. Lets wait for everyone to post before we get really aggressive about the entire ordeal.

---------- Post automerged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Also Rents is boring.

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

And the first statement of the game that I really don't like goes to... Wetnurse!

Emphasis mine. I mean, in all sincerity you're right. Nobody can make a surefire guess on who the scum could be on the first day (save if the scum just derp), but /still/. Everybody knows that it's a shot in the dark, but we don't need to just throw our hands up and let it happen. I mean, Eido gave us 96 hours on day one for a reason, after all.

Not enough for a vote, I guess, but my eye is on you. And Kalas and Rubicon as well; that little byplay drew my attention too. Again, too early to tell anything concrete, but I don't like it. Connection there and maybe another between Smile and Rubicon. And with Rents being seemingly uninterested in power roles, I can't help but wonder what his role is... It smells of a good one, although, I'd be unsure of which side. Probably scum, because everybody is scum except me me on day one, right?

Bah. I don't know, that's all I've for now. Post more, people!

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Ignoring the rest of your post for now, because this stood out to me.

Unless Eidolonic changed his mind, I distinctly remember this line:
    "There will be no vanillas."

So...:facepalm

You've got some 'splanin to do. That being said:

Vote: Rubicon

20. Rubicon

I probably could >.>

What I meant was: I called Smile scum hoping to move us out of RVS. I think you probably noticed that. His reaction is actually okay though IGMEOH. You then pointed out that my attack was just intended as a shot in the dark, completely subverting the purpose of my pressure on him. What did you hope to gain from that?

---------- Post automerged at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

96 hours is gone before you know it... maybe you could scumtell to save us time

---------- Post automerged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I was just going to point that out. Random lynches are terrible ideas.

This may actually be rolefishing. Like, for real.

---------- Post automerged at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

You make a good point. I claim doctor instead.