1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Typhon: Did you mean Aekiel in Night 1?

---------- Post automerged at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Also, Stojil, Menace's N1 kill wasn't a Typhon gun. It was a boost from Sesc - did Eidolonic tell you that was what it was, Menace? Or did you figure that's what happened?

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Huh. I got it wrong, then. Apologies.

Sesc' role empowered his target's night action. So, supposedly Menace probably had a kill of his own and Sesc' power made him bypass extra-lives or something? I dunno. Town having both a role like Menace with a kill and also a gunsmith handing out kills every night feels a little kill-heavy, maybe (there's my role too, actually).

So, Typhon, why did you give the gun to Aekiel on night 1? This is your day 1 for what concerned him:

Bill Door called you out for not mentioning Aekiel while listing players who had posted very little content, and you said:

Then you made a readwall of sorts and missed him again, and in two automerge-posts you said:

That's all there is, I think.

So, give us your reasoning for giving him the gun, please.

3. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, I guess at least I get the awesome feeling of vindication when I lynch as innocent. Stojil, what happened to daycop?

4. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Yeah, we should take Menace out first as I'm not scum and he has a nightkill.

But if you are wondering why I was pressuring Rents, it is because I tracked him last night, and I am trying to figure out why he targeted both Stojil and Typhon. He seemed to say that he had different opinions on those two in a recent post.

5. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

It told me I was motivated, and from there it wasn't hard to make the connection when Sesc's role flipped the next day, heh.

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, so I'm off.

I'll shower, read the thread, eat, and then put together a post within a couple hours.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll post more in depth later (going out with the gf) but I read over it and it looks fairly solid Stojil. Only two hiccups I can think of is

a) If Schro (or one of the others I suppose) is third party.

and

b) Where Prophylaxis fits into everything. Though that's more of a Day 4 question.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, so for clarity's sake, we've had four role claims since I made mine (including my claim)?

In order:

1. Typhon - Town Gunsmith. Verifiable. Has given out guns to two (presumably) town players, and came forward with a rough plan after Aekiel revealed that he was given a gun, at the urging of Stojil.

2. Caesar - Town Empath. Unverifiable. Claims to have examined the wagon on Rents (consisting of Typhon, Menace, bob99, and Schrodinger) and discovered that there were two non towns amongst that group. Claim came mostly out of the blue (although after a call for information).

3. Schrodinger - Town Jailor. Unverified. Claims to have protected and role blocked both Stojil and Moridin, but neither noticed any effect (and presumably got no QT flavor?). Claim came as the town was coming to agreement to lynch him after Caesar's claim.

4. bob99 - Town Tracker. Unverifiable. Claims to have tracked Rents last night, and that Rents visited both Typhon and Stojil. Claim /could/ be considered somewhat legitimate, due to a strange fixation with Rents in today's posts. Claim also came in attempt to ward off suspicion after Caesar's claim.

Examining the claims in order:

1. Well, I know I'm town. And I've already presented most of the reasons I came forward: my role is becoming increasingly dangerous (as the likelihood that I screw up and give a gun to scum is becoming ever higher) and scum will likely kill me in the night to prevent further kills now that I've claimed, and to make sure that if I'm wrong about Menace (and I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that I've made a mistake), that he will go down day 4 (on that note, I was actually seriously considering claiming before you pointed it out, Stojil; you calling for for it was just the last nudge).

"Why Menace?" was covered similarly. As to "why not (insert moreTown!player here)?" (this time Moridin), it's because even though I agree with a lot of what Moridin posts, he's burned me before. I generally don't get scummy vibes from him, even when he is. And he has enough town cred built up that if he killed somebody else (other than who we decided), he might be able to worm out of it successfully. That is not the case with Menace.

You, Stojil... Well, you're still alive. I've only ever played two games prior to this one, but you were in both. Both times you were dead by day 3. That, and some somewhat uncharacteristic posts from you on early day 1 is keeping me from fully trusting you.

Aekiel was out. I have to give the gun to someone new nightly.

bob99, Caesar, and Prophylaxis are all out; I'm not familiar enough with them to risk handing out a night kill to them.

Schrodinger seems third party to me, and has been that way all game.

Kalas... Well, I was torn between Kalas and Menace, honestly. I mean, I've suspected him, at times, but he fit with no working scum teams that I had, and so I was starting to consider him town. Ultimately, I liked Menace's scum list better. I also felt like if I ended up biding my time on claiming today, and waited till day four, I was a lot more likely to survive Menace than Kalas. Since I feel like the intel I can provide (as well as what is essentially an extra town lynch) is fairly valuable, I'd prefer to survive to give it to the town. That turned out to be irrelevant, but it could've went the other way as well. So yeah, there's my thinking.

2. I pretty much said what I thought about this earlier as well. I liked his interactions and posts beforehand reasonably well, and the role fits the theme of this game's one-shot powers. This would lend credence to to Rents not being scum, as Stojil said. And that would.. well, basically completely fuck my scumteam. Clearly, there are some reevaluations in order today, if Caesar tells the truth.

3. I'm leaning towards BS. I'm not buying the roleblock/protect bit at all, for reasons outlined by the other players earlier, and he's been tremendously off all game. Without corroboration on his power from Moridin or Stojil, I'll

Unvote
    Vote: Schrodinger

I'll also add my assent to the plan outlined; I think that's the most logical way to move forward.

4. This claim makes me want to dismiss as a desperate scum ploy, in a similar fashion to Schrodinger's, but he was super fixated on Rents before the claim today. I'm curious as to what he could've possibly been doing, as well. I got no notifications of a visit in my QT, nor has Stojil mentioned anything. I suspected Rents pretty heavily for his weak posts, Rubicon connections, and over the top lurking, but I was willing to tentatively put that on the back burner after Caesar's post. Now, though... well, I want an explanation from Rents. Soon.

And I think that covers pretty much all of my thoughts regarding the claiming. I'm going to read the last page of the thread to make sure I haven't missed anything, and then I'm gone for a big part of the night. I'll have my phone, though.

---------- Post automerged at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Moridin: yes, I did mean Aekiel on night 1. Thank you.

Stojil: Aekiel getting the gun day 1 is a bit of a long post, and I'm on my phone now, so I'm going to address it later. Expect it within the next 5ish hours.

9. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Rescind Vote: Schrodinger

That puts him back at six I think. He's definitely still at soft lynch in any case. I've been really busy today guys so sorry for not being as active as I should have been. I should have time to post any analysis, etc. I manage tomorrow.

10. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Alright, hey, since everyone's just doing it and it doesn't really matter because we have zero participation in this thread and Stojil still hasn't said anything about the fuckin' daycop...
    Rescind Vote
    Vote: Schrodinger

Is that a hard lynch so we can get this shit over with?

11. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

It would be, if Caesar hadn't literally just said that we're now more than one off of a hard lynch.

[​IMG]

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Vote Count 3.1

Schrodinger (6) Aekiel, SmileOfTheKill, Moridin, Rents, Typhon, Schrodinger
    Rents (2) Bob99, Menace
    SmileOfTheKill (1) Uncle Stojil

Abstaining (3) Caesar, Kalas, Prophylaxis

With 12 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch.

Timer for Day End

Mod Note: Effective immediately, Rents is being forcibly replaced for inactivity.

13. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Rescind Vote

No hard lynch please.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, I didn't realize we were so close; I'm sorry, guys!

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Actually, unvote, just in case.

15. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Rescind Vote: Rents.
    He gave reads on the two he targeted last night, which was what I was after.

I definitely don't think we should do a hard lynch yet.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry for my absence - I'm in like 5 mafia games at once and I spent today getting caught up in four of them.

Will catch up and do posty things tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Oh crap it's only 18 hours until deadline.

Will hammer content out in the morning, I suppose.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Mod Note:

Sir Karn replaces Rents

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

There's a reason why I haven't. It wouldn't really help town and it could help scum, so I'm not saying anything.

And trying to end day was a dick move if you're town (nice try if you're scum). We're still waiting for clarification from Typhon and Rents (now Sir Karn) and from input on the plan from everybody, really, you included. I'm assuming you don't want us to start with your lynch, right? Offer an alternative, then? But it looks like killing yourself would be a satisfying conclusion for you, so whatever. Just don't actively hinder town.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm all for the plan. I'm still unsure on whether Caesar is telling the truth, but I'm mostly certain that Schrodinger is scum either way.

20. Sir Karn

Sir Karn Guest

Hi everyone.

I have somewhere to be shortly, so I don't have a ton of time to make a big post right now.

I did read most of the thread and have come to the conclusion that Smile is scum beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Vote: SmileOfTheKill

I'll try to get a big post in before deadline.