1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What HP Story Should I Write?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Rhaegar I, Jul 26, 2013.

?

What HP Story Should I Write?

1. A Magical Yankee in Dumbledore's Court

10.7%
  2. The Son of Padfoot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A Revolutionary Riddle

21.4%
  4. You Reap What You Sow

7.1%
  5. Unnamed HP/Bond Crossover

14.3%
  6. Ginny Weasley vs. the World

28.6%
  7. I am NOT The Boy Who Lived!

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I'm kind of in a similar place as you, I've got a bunch of ideas but amn't sure which one to write. What I'm doing is writing the first chapter of each of them to figure things out.

You might then put the first chapters into an "Ideas" fic in fanfiction.net.

I like crossovers since they can give a new angle (and haven't seen a Bond one yet) and also humor.

2. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

I've always felt that if one of my story ideas doesn't stand out from the others as the one I want to write then I'm not invested enough in any of the ideas to finish writing them.

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

4. Lyrium

Lungs, I'd love to read your Bond crossover (I saw it mentioned but I haven't come across it yet so I will look through WBA for it).

However, I don't think that precludes someone else from writing their own HP\Bond crossover.

If only one story was allowed per trope or idea fan fiction would be a dead art.

And then there's the fact that sometimes one person's crossover story doesn't do things the way you'd like so you are compelled to write your own. There are some interesting BBC Sherlock\Harry Potter crossovers but none that work the worlds together the way I one day plan to :)

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think his point was that if you haven't seen a Bond crossover yet on DLP then you haven't been looking hard.

6. Lyrium

Or you just haven't been on DLP for long enough to know its innards inside and out. I'll get there eventually :p

7. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

I kinda liked the sixth one.

Still, I'd make it into a "Harry Potter vs the World" thing.

Even choosing Ginny (;P) you have a couple of similarities:

Neville Longbottom as the almost ex and an easy challenge (yes, I went with him to the ball once, Harry)

Dean Thomas as someone other Gryffindors like to stand in for a celebrity (I challenge you to a drawing competition)

Michael Corner for the strange Ravenclaw (vegan) powers (who corners Harry at some point). As bonus, he could be dating Cho Chang.

Luna Lovegood as a childhood friend (;P)

The Twins to stand on for the twins of pilgrim - probabaly not with an incestous undertone, but as simple brothers.

And finally, with a dark and evil undertone intermixed with mind controll, Tom Marvolo Riddle, the head boy from the diary. (But she IS mine, Harry, she always has been)

Or, just have Ginny say this:
    "To date me, you'll have to defeat all of my older brothers."
    And to top it off, you can still use Tom to bring it up to seven.

Or, like someone must already be thinking to point out for me and you - use any other girl.

Fleur could be an interesting choice, in a sense.
    As would Hermione. (There's Viktor Crum, for one. And Ron ;D )

Now...
    I've given this entirely too much thought already. Kinda see a seven short part story in my mind, too (7k words? - could be a oneshot). But meh, probably won't bother. And it's kinda your idea anyway.

So yeah.

8. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

I am impressed this is still active.

First of all, on the "Ginny Weasley vs. the World." I picked Ginny fighting Harry's exes for the explicit purpose of mocking popular Harry Shippings, including Ginny. I will even throw in Ginny/Tom at one point, since he would be the head of the band "The Death Eaters" and dating Harry's ex Bella.

And yes, some of those Couples were chosen quite carefully, including the Draco Slash.

Second of all, at this point, none of this really matters. Lately I've started to realize simply a lot of Betas isn't enough. While I consider myself pretty good at WorldBuilding, I am kind of shitty in actually writing.

Which is why, in a few weeks (after I finish travelling and go to my cousin's wedding), I will start with small things. After I can produce a One-Shot that isn't immediately criticized in a dozen different ways, I will consider myself ready to write bigger.

Oh, and lastly, I just came up with yet another idea, called "The League of Extraordinary Harrys." Long story short (and it does have a story, not just some God-like being doing it for shits and giggles), seven AU versions of Harry Potter (well, one OTL Harry, five AU Harrys, and one Harriet) have to face off against seven Evil AU versions of Harry Potter (well, six evil AU Harrys and one evil Harriet). It would be both a real story and light poking at multiple cliches ranging from Marauder-Raised Harry to "Wrong-Boy-Who-Lived" Harry.