1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I think people still rush BotRK on Jax though because of the AS on it, alongside the slow being stronger and longer lasting than Gunblade, albeit the passive on Gunblade's active makes up for this given Jax passive AS steroid. Gunblade is still an amazing item on Jax, it just seems to have fallen by the wayside and I'm not entirely sure why.

Never seen Jax with a hydra but I' like to think that you could go Zerkers for boots if you grabbed a Zephyr as it has everything you want, though Tabi's would probably be a better choice, or arguably CDR boots if only for the CD on your q/e.

2. redshell

redshell Order Member

Zerkers + Zephyr is my go-to on Jax, since it gives him AS and tenacity, both of which he loves. WD has it right on the topic of Gunblade, you really only get it on champions who actually benefit from both, i.e. Akali and Jax. But at the same time, those champions are weird cases because they aren't that great when they focus on one or the other, they have to have gear that gives both.

Dude, what's wrong with Arcade Hecarim? If it's the rainbow tail, you need to get over your hatred of ponies and associating Rainbow Dash with everything that's rainbow.

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Ponies didn't come into it, as it's a reference to Robot Unicorn Attack, it was more the choice of Hecarim as the champion for it - Sona kinda made sense, Hecarim is a rather out-there champion call for it, though probably easier to make it work for than most. It certainly can't follow the pattern of release skin > wait > nerf champion as Hecarim is the literal dead horse in that regard, sans skin sales.

Though my dislike of MLP still stands. On the upside, it'll mean a sudden boost in Hecarim's in solo-q, or more people banning it just to irritate people who bought the skin and want to play it in ranked, as is the case with new skins ala Udyr. At least when I played shortly following SG release.

On the newest PBE patch (last piece of info I figure people might care about) - Twitch is getting his early game nerfed by expunge damage being halved at rank 1/2. Seems being a lane bully as an ADC doesn't count for shit anymore if you're Riot, though Draven was fairly ridiculous. Oh, and LeBlanc has had her base ad & hp5 buffed slightly.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Heh, I was thinking about Robot Unicorn Attack too. It's what I play in-between games.
    Apparently lots of people do. Go figure.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I really, really, hope they don't nerf Twitch too. Honestly, the reason why Vayne is even considered OP right now is because EVERY single one of the "lane bullies" have been nerfed so hard. (Corki, Draven, MF). Cait doesn't really count as much because her kill potential is still a lot lower. Twitch is probably the last of the stronger bursty adc atm, and it's stupid if he gets nerfed too. I don't want more Vayne, thanks.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I've just accepted they want Vayne to be special for whatever reason and started banning her every game I get first pick. Twitch is fine but I guess people don't understand the concept of avoiding his cask. Ambush is fine, it's why you pink vs a Twitch and even then, I dunno. Perhaps you could possibly blame the pro scene but Ashe see's just as much play as Twitch. So probably not, just feels like Riot doesn't want anything to be powerful unless it was remade or recently released.

8. Daedros

Daedros Seventh Year

I realize Riot doesn't want power creep to come into LoL, but it seems so depressing just watching the numbers drop on FotM champs every few weeks. And if you ever see a champion you like playing in competitive play, you can almost hear the Jaws music as you count the days till the nerf...

Meh. Probably just me overreacting to the Twitch changes, but still.

9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is why I play Morde. He's really strong and has a lot of versatility, and every pro thinks he is crap so I can play him without having to worry about him getting nerfed because he appeared in LCS.

P.s. Gold 3 bitches.

Anyone else notice that it's a lot easier to get promoted to gold all of the sudden? For one thing, i failed a promo series and went down to 84 LP (instead of 50) and for another a bunch of people who I felt were solidly silver material are suddenly gold 5 on my friends list. Also my gold league is filled with players suddenly (70+ in 5, 50+ in 4, 30+ in 3, etc.) when before there was like 3 people in gold 1, and 15 in gold 3.

10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

A lot of people have started playing too in order to get to the ranking they want before season ends. Maybe this might be a cause?

11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Haven't played a promo series since my last one (10~ days ago?), played 2 games, lost one won one and been sat on this one for a week now, just trying to find a good time where it feels good to play. Probably today. But yeah, could be an increase in people doing ranked trying to get somewhere for the possible as of yet ranked rewards based on tier.

Mord is strong in area's yes but he gets played less so in the pro scene because he doesn't fit into comps or is easy enough to gank despite his strong ability to turn a gank on its head if he's 6. Could argue about wards all day but we know the pro's are infinitely better than us and know all of this. I think it's much more to do with his inability to fit in most comps, though who konws, we might see him this superweek.

12. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Just played a ranked and did pretty well shitting on an Urgot/Zyra as Leona with a mildly stupid Ezreal. However, our hybrid Nidalee top started long sword +pots into Gunblade rush with Lich Bane and Deathcap. End result: 14/0/1 with a 25 minute surrender. Splitpushed right up to the inhib while 4 of us died at dragon/ their blue and we picked up 6 kills because they came back to die again. Just a total wtf stomp game, and something new to try in normals.

13. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

So I don't know if anybody else tried already too, but with the Riot American Express Serve card, you basically get 1k free RP just for signing up. I already got my 1k RP as it was basically instantly. As for downsides, etc, I honestly didn't see any catches.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Can you elaborate on this? What is it?
    Edit: Google is my friend. Shame it's only for NA.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

16. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Having a streak and still getting only one lp..

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Oh god. Terrible Viktor players incoming.

18. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So... business as usual then?

I was looking at that card too. Mostly because free RP, but i'm waiting to see how it works out. Not sure how I would tell my company to direct deposit an amount of money onto the card (the best way to get RP quickly) but I do feel like this is a good way to limit your extraneous spending. Load your "for fun" budget onto the card and earn RP for free.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  19. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

EU LCS going pretty nuts right now if you haven't been watching. Fnatic beat GG in the final game of the day resulting in a 4 way tie for 2nd place.

Means they'll play a further 6 games starting right now to determine places for the Regionals at Gamescom next week, starting with SK vs ATN for 6th/7th.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

What the fuck am I watching? Gambit VS EG.

The Fuck.

Not open for further replies.