1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I was only partly joking about Hydra-4x BT. Played a ranked game a while back in which Lee demolished top lane, rushed bloodthirsters and basically got all the kills in the game.

Hydra is a safe choice and good for splitpushing while BT requires you to snowball. Lee's a bruiser and doesn't need to build offensive items to dish out damage on top of being ridiculously mobile.

C9 vs TSM, I expected an upset because of how Vulcun choked, but a 3-0 sweep? :(

Haven't watched any full games since super week and now I don't want to because of how badly they got stomped.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

If only, if only, the Q damage applied to the splash, eh? That would be scary indeed.

3. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Welp, that C9 play is just impressive. That first game, even though TSM traded turrets with C9, they just got completely outplayed after that in the midgame.

Meteos puts up numbers that are absolutely crazy, but I think some of that has to do with C9 as a team. Their laners pretty much never lose. So Meteos has a bunch of time to farm camps and rotates to cover lanes/objectives perfectly. I think an excellent example of this was game 2(?), where TheOddOne kept up in farm with Meteos, but they lost several kills in lane and at objectives.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

C9 seem to do something which no other team does - and that's spread the farm out more evenly, notably to Meteos, as he's often eating up lane exp and cs when nobody else is - when normally a team will have anyone else soak it up. Sneaky does a lot with very little in the way of cs and their objective based gameplay benefits everyone because of it - they're that... Strong with their faith in their TF potential that they're not scared to fight and give their jungler more farm on someone like Elise.

Whereas you look at Korea and it's not unusual for the jungler to have sub 60 CS by the 25 minute mark, it's so different to Korea, and yet so similar with the objective control and their ability in a teamfight, which is to be expected given C9's strong research and attention to the Korean scene.

5. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I wonder if it's because support items have become stronger, or it's actually a change in the way the game works out because of nerfs/buffs to certain roles. It used to definitively be clearly superior to have one or two heavily farmed characters on your team, but C9 seems to be turning the idea on its head.

Also keep in mind that supports are spending much less gold now for the same ward coverage, with sightstone and the increased bounty for wards from pinks. Jungler builds have also gotten more expensive; the new items let you clear much more quickly and are VERY cost efficient. While I still haven't seen anyone build the spectral wraith item on a jungler (at high levels of play) , having the smite CD reduce at all can be pretty brutal.

P.s. Meteos is streaming. His jungle camp timing is fucking impressive.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    News on Season Rewards. After (righteous) outrage over Tier Borders going to any kind of Q, Riot has reverted this.

So it will be like last season. Your 3v3 Gold will only show a Gold border in 3v3, etc.

Edit: And also, you need 10 wins on a Ranked team to be eligible for rewards.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Yeah, the border changes makes me happy, even happier when you realise people were stupid enough to pay cash money for a Diamond 3's team.

Nothing major in the latest patch, people -still- think Zac's the problem and not SV but, eh, I guess when they see a Zac who doesn't build SV they'll see it, though I suppose the range on his bloblets was pretty crazy.

As for Meteos, I love watching him stream just to observe his perspective, the runes/masteries are pretty standard, though he runs 21 offence a lot more than most other junglers, guess it is only solo q and we all know his jungle style with the 'worth ir or farm' mentality. Hell, he was level 6 by 5 minutes yesterday in a Nocturne game. Agreed on the camp timings though, buffs seem a lot easier than smaller camps, though I'm easily distracted by my lanes - that and I always do the weirdest order so my camps spawn in a weird sequence.

8. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Zac is a problem. He does so much damage midgame with excellent initiate and dual knockup cc's. With stupidly good heals AND a revive passive.

The camera can be chaotic in teamfights, but I've seen Zac pretty much solo both carries on a team in midgame in LCS and OGN. It's pretty ridiculous.

9. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Yo, here's a Riot Blitz skin code. I used it on NA so one of you from the EUW server should be able to grab it.

WWX3Y2JQUFKCQ7

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Thanks man <3.

11. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

My ninja skills are lacking D:

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

13. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

For once it's good to be on EUNE.

Thanks man <3

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Idiot who bought that skin with money, right here.

And another thing. I feel awfully anxious about the Victorious skin. How certain is that we unlock the Champion automatically when skin time comes? Can someone give me proof of this?

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, I'm sure I could link it to you if I looked for it myself, but I do remember a ReignofGaming post that confirmed it.

16. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It's almost 100% guaranteed. Riot has been giving out the champions along with the skin since season 1, and I remember reading about it somewhere they will do the same this season too. So no worries.

17. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

If you get the skin in any way other than purchasing it in the store, you also get the champ with it.

18. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

You got the champion with Judgment Kayle. You got the champion with Victorious Jarvan IV. You got the champion with Victorious Janna. You get the champion with Tournament Ryze. You get the champion with Riot Girl Tristana. You get the champion with Unchained Alistar. You get the champion with codes from live events or website giveaways.

Each and every time you get a skin, the champion is automatically unlocked for you.

19. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Another Blitz code, should work anywhere but NA

WWPC4DKTGX7VMQ

20. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Not open for further replies.