1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was for Caesar's comments on post 60. Then you posted before me QQ

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm trying to figure out how Sacrifice fits into the game if font is scum.

I'm trying to figure out how Wetnurse fits into the game if rents is scum.

I'm trying to figure out how Caesar fits into the game if Sesc is scum.

P. sure Kalas's vote on me is a legacy from RVS but if not I'd probably need to reread his stuff.

3. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I honestly don't have reads on everyone, so I can't post a read-wall. I'm keeping my lynch vote on Sesc unless the majority is keen on lynching another player, and my vote is required for a lynch. I hope I make it in time before deadline. (goddamn time zone)

4. guljons

guljons Squib

To be honest people throwing out these big read walls seem scummiest to me. It's day 1 and it won't help us much lynching today. It could and may help finding some connections later, but even so.
    I can bet that, if a town player was the first to post a readwall, then a scum player used it to jump in and put out their own, to seem towny and active.
    So Lungs was the 1st.
    But then soon Wetnurse put out his. And later fontisian and caesar.
    So
    Lynch fontisian
    because of the three she seems most scummy.

5. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I thought the context was implied. Like I mentioned, TMNT hadn't even registered for me at the time. I was looking at you and Wetnurse exclusively. (admittedly bad play, but that can characterize my entire day.)

I backed off of you for two reasons:
    1. because I was 'mostly' satisfied with your response. Again, I feel it was a little aggressive for you. It seems like a knee jerk reaction.

2. What you just said. The question was fishy to me and I didn't understand it's purpose. I didn't think that alone was enough of a reason to lynch. I was honestly confused by Wetnurse's actions. If I were scum, though, wouldn't I take advantage of that?

I suppose so, but I believe I mentioned I really have no idea. The best I could come up with in that scenario is he considers me a fairly active player and an easy target. Or he thinks I'm a power role or a threat for some reason.

There is another possibility. This is fairly recent. He seems busy to me. He's avoided entering discussion himself and only shown up to spout cryptic crap about post 60 in the context of the thread, and to sadface over TMNT. This puts pressure on me and off of him. He doesn't even need to give the rest of the thread a good read over if he focuses on me exclusively. The only person who has pressured him for this is you, Font. Now we're at the five hour mark. The closer to deadline we get the harder it gets to defend and the easier it gets to push.

So what if he wants me to be lynched without being able to refute him? Afterwards he could just say I was scummy town. Everyone gives him a pass and we're back to scum hunting.

I'm not seeing what Sesc is getting at. But I really don't like the fact he has pushed off an explanation for so long. Words, Sesc, words.

unvote
    Vote Player: Sesc.

I'll also post any reads I have before day's end, but I don't want to convolute this post any more than it is.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll post a read wall at the beginning of Day Two, depending if I live to see it. We should have more information by then.

The clock's ticking, so let's lynch someone. I agree that Fishy dying will give us the most information about people's possible alliances, so:

Vote Player: Fishy.

7. Koalas

High Score:
    Complete legacy

Rescind Vote

After a reread I'm fine with Day 1 Fishy, with guljons as a back up.

Vote: Justice Fish

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I'm not putting off anything, and I never said I wouldn't explain either. I was, however, busy (as in, RL busy), and I did expect that people would look at it themselves, instead of waiting for me, because I'm not the only one playing here (@Caesar).

Nice. So let's count the ways that post of Sacrifice does not work.

The timing doesn't fit. Consequently, it's about a non-issue (Luckylee). That it quotes Lungs is even odder. It tries to be a response to something made out of nothing (that's an issue as well, @Lungs), and it fails, because meanwhile the thread had moved on, and thus it stands out. I'd think it was started hours earlier and got ninja'd something fierce, except it references actions that took place later, so that's out. Anything else that I missed? Possibly the awkward wording when it does a 180° turn and gives Luckylee a pass?

The only argument you could raise against a Fishy Justice/Lungs team at this point is that it's too obvious to be a thing.

As a general side note, I'd like to point out that asking questions is a horrible (and lazy) way to play this game, because it's far too easy for Mafia. Every retard can throw around random questions, and the answer is in most cases obvious, so there's nothing to be gained there either. How it should be played is that someone makes a remark, and everyone else comments on that. To that end, the most pro-Town player in this thread currently is Sacrifice, and additionally you may compare the thread before and after my first two posts -- no thanks necessary.

9. Sesc

Uh ... now wait, the sudden votes are not that great either.

@Vira, who said that Fishy Justice's death would give the most info originally (that you agreed to)?

And @Kalas, did you ever even post anything about Fishy Justice?

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Caesar is the one I'm agreeing with in post 136. I didn't say so before because I couldn't find his post, but I knew someone said it.

11. Sesc

Ah, alright, ty.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    @Sesc: Posts 93 and 138.

13. Sesc

Yeah, I just saw. Sorry, I just got back and hadn't read the last posts properly. My bad.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    It happens.

@Fishy: Your at soft. Might wanna make a case.

15. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I think you mean me, not Sacrifice. Good to know you're thinking about Sacrifice though.

unvote

Still, it took you this long to actually get to the meat of it. We asked for clarification multiple times, and now we have less than 3 hours left.

You say the timing doesn't work. I disagree. Lungs and LuckyLee were still going at it around the time TMNT posted. That is around 10:40pm US eastern time.
    Eight minutes later LuckyLee got upset. I felt bad about whether or not to pressure him, so I curbed my comment(making it a pointless, empty statement). Two minutes after that post TMNT came in. I didn't like Wetnurse's quesiton, but I couldn't place why until TMNT pointed it out. So at that point I started to focus on Wetnurse's question rather than Luckylee. LuckyLee was resolved in that time, but I left it in there because I don't think.

I also want to point out, as Wetnurse put it, I've had my fingers in a lot of pies. I did the same thing in post 116. I admit to being an unfocused mess this game. I was honestly just throwing stones hoping something would stick. I realize how stupid that is now, but hindsight.

Scummiest town probably isn't an understatement, here. I'm going to go back through the thread now and come back with reads. Unfortunately, my time is limited to real life obligations, so I'll do what I can. I ask you not to hard lynch just yet.

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Vote Count 1.2
    Fishy Justice (4): Sesc, Caesar, Vira, Kalas
    Fontisian (3): Wetnurse, Rents, Guljons
    Sesc (2): Sacrifice, Fontisian

Abstaining (3): Fishy Justice, LuckyLee, Lungs

With 12 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch

2.5 hours remain in Day One!

17. Lungs

High Score:
    I'm abstaining officially. I don't think either of Fishy, Font or Sesc are scum.

If Fishy flips scum, Sesc is pretty much guaranteed (do feel free to fight me on this, I might have tunnel vision) to be town?

I'm not sure if Vira's not taking advantage of my scenario thing and voting fishy to fall under "probably not scum".

I think that there's at least one scum in each of the font/fishy wagons. Considering soft lynching, that's pretty much hedging bets by this point, so if one doesn't get hit the other will get hit? Idk.

Obviously I'm still operating the assumption that my reads are right, but it's the only way I know how to do it.

And I think both wagons are bad :\

18. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I don't like either wagons, it's day one so it just seems like were lynching for the sake of lynching. Maybe we'll get lucky and Fishy is scum, we already have enough to soft lynch so I'm going to abstain.

19. Lungs

High Score:
    ^not sure if buddying or agreeing, and not sure which is worse.

lucky post a readwall please. you're starting to look rather scummy. I want to see what you think of things.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I didn't refresh so I didn't your post. This is awkward >< I'll post a read in a couple of minutes after I go through the thread

---------- Post automerged at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

See your post**