1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Luckylee, there was no lynch, so of course it doesn't say "lynched"

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm guessing Fishy was either the scum kill or he died protecting the actual scum target. Vira looks more like a third party or town role that was scum hunting.

My bad on the no lynch, though it sort of turned out to be a good thing.

The wording of this feels like scum summarization. Part of me wants you dead for it.
    Vote: Sacrifice

3. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Really font, do I sound happy that this happened?

In any case, the no lynch was because of the following two conditions that simultaneously occurred.

1) Vira voted for Fishy Justice and forced a tie.
    2) Fontisian wanted to ensure a lynch, instead of counting the votes herself, listened to Sesc, who provided the a wrong count of votes "5/4/3" for Fishy instead of 4/4/3. Which ultimately resulted in font not rescinding or switching, causing a damn tie in votes and hence we had no lynch.

Then the timer went off.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Sesc was in a tragic saw incident and lost a finger apparently..

---------- Post automerged at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

#CountingToFiveJokes

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Yo Sacrifice. You had a finger to point or something?

5. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I don't. I believe this was an unfortunate mistake made.

Sesc intentionally miscounting the votes would be ridiculous.

I'm not attacking anyone with that post, just highlighting what resulted in this situation.

in fact, I don't even know what to say when font means, saying that my post sounded like scum summarisation

---------- Post automerged at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Gah bleh,

Edit: I don't even know what font means*

6. fontisian

Well, I think I know what screwed us up. Vira voted for Fishy twice without unvoting, so I counted her twice. :facepalm

Unvote
    Sorry Sacrifice, I just wanted to see your reaction. I can give you some examples of what I'm talking about if you want, but it normally occurs closer to endgame.

At the risk of reminding people of Mini Mafia 3, I'm going to post my vote count.

fontisian vote Caesar (1)
    fontisian unvote Caesar(0) vote Fishy Justice(1)
    Sacrifice vote TMNTurtwig/Sesc(1)
    Lungs vote TMNTurtwig/Sesc(2)
    Lungs unvote TMNTurtwig/Sesc (1) vote Vira(1)
    Lungs unvote Vira(0) vote Kalas(1)
    Fishy Justice vote Luckylee(1)
    Kalas vote Lungs(1)
    Luckylee vote Fishy Justice (2)
    Lungs unvote Kalas(0)
    Fishy Justice unvote Luckylee(0)
    Luckylee unvote Fishy Justice (1)
    fontisian unvote Fishy Justice(0) vote guljons (1)
    Sacrifice unvote TMNTurtwig/Sesc (0)
    Caesar vote Luckylee (1)
    Sacrifice vote TMNTurtwig/Sesc(1)
    Caesar unvote Luckylee (0) vote Wetnurse (1)
    Caesar unvote Wetnurse (0)
    fontisian unvote guljons (0)
    Wetnurse vote fontisian (1)
    Fishy Justice vote Vira (1)
    fontisian vote TMNTurtwig/Sesc(2)
    Rents vote fontisian (2)
    Caesar vote Fishy Justice(2)
    guljons vote fontisian (3)
    Fishy Justice unvote Vira(0) vote Sesc(3)
    Vira vote Fishy Justice (3)
    Kalas unvote Lungs (0) vote Fishy Justice(4)
    fontisian unvote Sesc (2) vote Kalas (1)
    Sesc unvote Fishy Justice (3) vote Luckylee(1)
    Luckylee vote Vira(1)
    Sesc unvote Luckylee(0)
    Sesc vote Vira(2)
    Sacrifice unvote Sesc(1)
    Fishy Justice vote Vira(3)
    Sacrifice vote Vira(4)
    Fontisian vote Fishy Justice(4)

Now the interesting areas, in either a scum!Sesc or town!Sesc scenario, were when we had myself, Fishy and Sesc were the three main candidates and when the wagon on Vira started getting momentum. Outside of those areas, Caesar's vote then immediate unvote for Wetnurse and Sesc's vote and unvote for Luckylee stand out.

Likely scummates
    Caesar: Sesc, Wetnurse
    guljons: Kalas, Sesc
    Kalas: guljons
    Luckylee: Sesc
    Lungs:...
    Rents: Sesc
    Sesc: Caesar, guljons, Luckylee, Rents
    Wetnurse: Caesar

Unlikely scummates
    Kalas: Sesc
    Luckylee: Lungs
    Lungs: Luckylee
    Sacrifice: Sesc
    Sesc: Kalas, Sacrifice

Sesc has more people in both groups because there is more avaliable data about him. This thing is very preliminary. I will update it after I spend a couple hours or so analyzing the thread.

7. Koalas

High Score:
    I meant at me Sacrifice. Post 204?

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I'm referring to your post 188 in that post. In which your reaction to my "we must avoid a no lynch" stance was pointing fingers at me saying that I was alright with hitting town with the lynch.

That felt off to me, and yes I wanted to lynch you for that.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    You off voted Sesc, while still considering him suspcious, with half an hour left, to avoid lynch shenanigans.

Nothing in that sentence makes sense.

10. fontisian

Kalas: Could you consider a Sesc/Caesar/Rents team?

Everyone else: Feel free to take up this question once Kalas answers.

11. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Take a look at the amount of people voting for Sesc at that point of time when I unvoted. I unvoted so that I would get a chance to break a tie in votes, which unfortunately, I completely failed to do so.

Now does that make any sense to you?

I would also like to add on that out of the 3 lynch candidates, I found Vira the most suspicious and hence I casted the vote.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    The grand total of your vote. So switching to someone else you found suspicious (Vira) is fine. The fact that that was an addendum and your initial thought was breaking a tie is not.

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

@fonti: While I'm quite sure there's at least one scum in there I don't believe Sesc would have let Rents disappear for the last 18 hours of the day. If he doesn't show up soon that could have easily been IRL stuff though, as there are connections.

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Lungs/Sacrifice/and yourself could fit into that as well off a quick read through. I'm off to bed though, try and keep the discussion going.

13. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Well, Fishy voted for Vira before I did, which turned it into a 3/3/3.

I broke the tie to make it 4/3/3.

14. fontisian

I could see you in there as well actually, which is why I asked you. Which of those six do you think are the scummiest and what connections are you seeing?

/Stares expectantly at Sacrifice

15. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

In order to answer this question, let's take a look at each of the players' posting patterns.

Let's go right to the start, before TMNTurtwig was replaced.

Before replacement

TMNTurtwig -

In the context of Wetnurse aggroing Rents, asking Rents if he would agree to get lynched again if Rents screws up (I have no idea what happened in the previous games, and if anyone wants to fill me in go ahead), Turtwig asked Wetnurse,
    This creates a situation where Turtwig seems to know beforehand that Rents is town. There are other possibilties which I have already mentioned, I will not repeat them. This hints that Turtwig could be in a scumteam and therefore know Rents is town(of course, I myself do not know if Rents is really town).
    After that, says that he is working under the assumption that everyone is town, which I read as a scumslip. After that, pointed out that Wetnurse's question was
    *After that he got replaced by Sesc.

Caesar -

the first person who posted on the thread. After all the fillers, attacked Luckylee. After that, asked questions along the lines of "Player X, what do you think of Player Y" .

Rents -

After randomly voting Luckylee for fun, he posted his self-created levels of participation in mafia games.
    Rejected ranking people right away with the levels, saying that should be done later in the game. Asked guljons about the possibility of a third faction and the wincon.
    Answers Wetnurse question, saying that how the players should not mod game.

After replacement

Sesc -

After entering the game, shows disapproval at the "Player X, what do you think of Player Y" questions, and aggros Fishy.
    After I aggro Sesc, he responded that his aggroing of Fishy caused Lungs to jump and me to vote against him, and tells me that he cannot answer what was going through Turtwig's head when Turtwig posted.
    Admitted to the fact that Turtwig's posts were indeed suspicious and claims that his QT did not have much information, and that Turtwig's was acting as if he was playing a different role than what Sesc is playing.
    Answers font's questions regarding Fishy. Noted that I am the most pro-town player (Thank you, but that doesn't make me any less suspicious of you).
    Noted that Vira and Kalas suddenly voted for Fishy. Vira and Kalas then responded and Sesc found out that he was the one who did not read the thread properly.
    Aggros Luckylee, and voted for him.
    Once again saying I was the most pro-town player.
    Continues aggroing Luckylee.
    After Luckylee votes for Vira, rescinded his vote on Luckylee.
    Voted for Vira as Vira was lurking.
    After I entered the thread half-asleep, told me to reread the thread and the look at the vote counts.
    Continues to tell Vira to stop waiting to be killed.
    Later says he is torn between voting against Vira or Fishy.
    Counted the votes wrongly.
    Told font that she could switch votes.

*Kept vote on Vira

Caesar -

When questioned by fontisian about Luckylee's play, he pointed out that Luckylee was behaving, he answers
    After Sesc placed a vote on Fishy, Caesar asked Sesc to elaborate.
    When Lungs asked for his opinion on Wetnurse, he mentioned he did not like Wetnurse's not contributing to the discussion and defended Rents. Placed a vote on Wetnurse.
    After Wetnurse posted a readwall, Caesar seems satisfied and unvoted.
    Later on, after other players posted read-walls, Caesar made a read-wall of his own, and in that same post, voted Fishy Justice.
    Asked a question on Lungs post and seems satisfied with the answer.

*Kept vote on Fishy Justice

Rents -

Unvoted Luckylee. Seems happy that Sesc has entered the game. Claims that it is because Sesc is a veteran player, and asked Sesc a question regarding Vira.
    Font aggros Rents regarding his question to guljons. Rents responds that he was just checking guljons' response as he was unfamiliar with him.
    Pointed out that the best move for Day One was to lynch a lurker or someone being really defensive.
    Claims fontisian was trying to pin scum on TMNT/Sesc and getting a lynch, which contradicts her "No-lynch is ok" point of view. Misread Fishy's post and thought fontisian was lynching both Sesc and Wetnurse at the same time. Says that the game most likely contains a Doctor, a Cop, and the Mafia.

*Kept vote on fontisian
    ----------------------------------

TL;DR

Possibility of Sesc, Caesar, and Rents forming a scumteam? I'd say, Possible.

Points to take note of
    1)Caesar was defending Rents from Wetnurse, when Wetnurse aggro-ed 2)Rents was happy that Sesc replaced TMNTurtwig. There is a possibility that is because a veteran scumbuddy is better than a newbie scumbuddy.

(This however is a low possibility because many others were also glad Sesc entered the game and that would mean I'm saying that they are all scums)

3)Caesar and Rents

4)All 3 of them voted for a different person. Also, Sesc made no contact with the two of them (Correct me if I'm wrong), which might be distancing. Scums will most likely spread their votes apart so that it is harder for them to get caught.

Note: Sorry for the ridiculously long post.

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Zzzzz. what the fuck am I posting.
    Let me rearrange that.

Points to take note of
    1)Caesar was defending Rents from Wetnurse, when Wetnurse aggro-ed Rents.

2)Rents was happy that Sesc replaced TMNTurtwig. There is a possibility that is because a veteran scumbuddy is better than a newbie scumbuddy.

(This however is a low possibility because many others were also glad Sesc entered the game and that would mean I'm saying that they are all scums)

3)All 3 of them voted for a different person. Also, Sesc made no contact with the two of them (Correct me if I'm wrong), which might be distancing. Scums will most likely spread their votes apart so that it is harder for them to get caught.

The possibility of them being a scumteam is not relatively high, but definitely possible.

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy Mother of Fuck that post

I've been up more than 17 hours, 2 of which I spent driving (very stressful for me) and 8 of which involved trying a job I had no experience with. I can't post with any improvement over my former play style, so I need a fucking night lol, I'll be back in... less than 12 maybe, I'm really not sure.

17. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Caesar went on about me refusing to explain my vote on Fishy which annoyed me, and I asked for Rents when the day was ending. That'd be the only two instances where I mentioned either. For Ollie there wasn't much content to go over, and at Caesar I indeed haven't really looked at.

Also, yes, what fontisian said. Vira voted for Fishy twice, and as I didn't check who voted, and only added votes, I ended up at 5/4/3 instead of 4/4/3. Lesson to learn here: Unvote, fuckers :s (Though official tallies kinda would have helped too >_>)

There was one thing from yesterday I want cleared up. @Kalas:
    Is this supposed to mean you voted for Fishy Justice, and considered Vira Mafia?

18. Koalas

High Score:
    It meant that this

was a horrible, horrible post and I was trying to get something more out of Vira. If I'd thought Vira was the better lynch I'd have switched.

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks for eating my post, Firefox, you utter scumbag.

Okay, so pretty much what I was saying much more eloquent and because I can't be fucked now, Fishy/Vira nks put us back to square one.

At least it puts me back to square one because I read his posts as righteous!flail and not redhanded!flail.

Vira's possible scumsocciates were probably as definite as Rent's possible scumsocciates to me, so that leaves me with nothing.

In context of Fishy, I'm inclined to believe Sesc is a fair bit more innocent, but at the same time, I'm a fan of the idea that we kind of mirror what we see, scum or town. Mob mentality and all. Could be pseudopsych, but it explains the emergence of things like "town leaders" etc etc.

Obviously my urge is to have people think critically or something, while posting my opinions, and I have ~2:30 hours before class, so I'll try to do a Sesc read.

Expect less bell and whistles compared to Sacrifice's read, but hopefully as much possibly useful content? I still haven't really parsed that post yet.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    My thought process was that that a NK may have got through before Lynch causing the Lynch to go through, but it didn't, thats why it didn't make sense to me that it said 2 people died. I have class so I'll go do a read through after or in between.