1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unvote

Sorry guys. I might or might not have played cookie clicker for 12 hours instead of doing anything I was supposed to do (including going to class :\)

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fishy: Could you give me some reads?

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I have about 25 minutes left at work. We were swamped. I was able to check briefly but I will be active when I get home. I'm posting from my phone so please excuse and errors. Just wanted to make you guys aware I'm not dead or lurking.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, yes I did. >_>

Riley is attempting to play hyper-aggressive, but doesn't appear able to discern credible reasons for pressuring from baseless ones. Given his meta this makes me think derp town, but since he's trying a new technique this time around I'm leaving him as neutral.

I want to see what he does on day two, so that I can analyse whether this change has made his town/scum play different in any way. Can't say it's changed much so far, but my decision still stands.

5. fontisian

Is Bill Door still playing?

6. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Yes, he is. Font, stop asking for reads and give us yours please.

7. fontisian

I'm aware. I've seen both Fishy and Bill Door checking in all day without commenting, which is both annoying and scummy.

Aekiel's been bothering me a lot, from the way he's soft defending Riley by asking to postpone a Riley lynch until tomorrow at the earliest to the random readwall. I noticed that his question to me did not ask me to build a case against Riley (or anyone else), but rather asked me for my read of Riley, which may have been an attempt to drum up support on Riley's behalf. I disagree with Bill Door's idea about the connection to Sesc though, as Sesc's reaction felt like genuine irritation. Hence, my vote is staying on Aekiel.

I find it interesting that both Sesc and Bill Door have had a similar reaction to Aek's posts. I'll go into more detail about it (and my other reads) when I get home in an hour or so.

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Yes I am. Uni is starting again on Monday and I've been busy all day sorting out stuff to do with that so I haven't had time to look at the thread properly.

But anyway, Bitmyfinger, why do you keep criticising people for attmepting to put pressure on others? First Riley in #17, then blab in #56, you could probably even count what you said to Fonti there now.

9. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

@Font: I have been lazy. Aekiel wants a case on him and I was thinking of building a case for your question, which I might do a little later on. Quick answer: Bit is rubbing me the wrong way. It’s mostly syntax, so take that with a grain of salt. And Aekiel, well:

Post 14: RVS.

Post 26: Random defense of Riley fresh out of RVS.

Post 47: “Start playing properly (mirrors Caesar),” questions Caesar, Sesc, and Fishy.

Post 53: Reply to Sesc’s question.

Post 55: Aggressive push for Sesc words.

Post 59: Metagaming Riley. Metagaming first day voting, with the
    conclusion that scum hunting day 1 is ineffective.

Post 62: Aggressive defense of post 59’s conclusion. Caesar’s post wasn’t even that accusatory.

Post 65: Backtracking a bit, call for activity. Defends himself against Bill Door.

Post 69: Readwall. Interesting things to note here is he’s attacking Caesar’s response to his scumhunt post, and uses this to explain, again, what he meant by that message. I’m not sure how I feel about his logic here.

71: Pressures BMT a little.

Post 84: Adds the missing bit about Riley in 69.

He mentions everyone to some degree, but glanced over Bill Door and Lungs, and to a lesser extent Proph. His proposed scum team is Bit, Caesar, and Font.

Aekiel is leaning scummy to me from how hard he backtracked after the scum hunt comment. If Aekiel is scum, there’s a chance Riley is as well. If Bit is scum I have a hard time seeing Aekiel as scum.

So, a case against Bit might go far.

10. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

I wasn't criticizing font for putting pressure on anyone, just trying to remedy the fact that she was giving no output for the input she was receiving. Blab was me just saying I don't give a damn if Prophylaxis says RVS is over.

The Riley thing was a response to him trying to level suspicion against me. He said that the joke posts were suspicious, even though that is pretty much what every first page is. It seemed obvious he was trying to look towny/ set up a lynch against me.

---------- Post automerged at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Prophylaxis: In regards to #20 and subsequent 'cautious scum' reads.
    I used the same word to describe Riley as he used to describe you and me. Neither of us vote.

From your perspective, he calls a town and me suspicious. Who is more suspicious in this scenario? A person accusing a known town (from your pov) or one accusing said accuser of a townie?

11. Lungs

High Score:
    Vote: Aekiel

he's playing like I did at the beginning of last game or something, the defending peopel thing.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Vote Player: Aekiel

He is singularly fixated on Riley. #26 was entirely unmotivated as far as I can see. It's just randomly stating at no one in particular that Riley is not suspicious because he is always suspicious. One of his questions is irrelevant, the next sounds like an attempt to get the state of the game by proxy, and then he's back at Riley again.

I see one of two things: A) Defending a teammate, B) reverse-townying and overcompensating.

@fontisian: Er, are you quite sure? BillDoor has exactly one post with reactions to Aekiel (incidentally, his only post with content too), and in that he tries to pin down a connection between me and Aekiel that doesn't work because I didn't respond. Obviously, I did not do the same. So what do you mean?

13. fontisian

Bleh, similar reactions in that we consider him scummy. I was trying to judge if Bill Door was just doing some premtive bussing a la Mini Mafia 3, by seeing if he was going to continue his pressure on Aekiel. The fact that he didn't means I'm considering a Bill Door/Aekiel scum team.

14. Fishy Justice

Votes

Bit: (2) Prophylaxis, Aekiel
    Aekiel: (4) Fontisian, Bill Door, Lungs, Sesc
    Caesar: (1) Riley Poole
    Riley: (1) BitMyFinger
    Lungs: (3) TMNTurtwig, Blab, Lexicat
    Bill: (1) Caesar

Abstaining: Fishy Justice

1 Day and 18 Hours Left

Yeah yeah, stealing Eid's job, but I wanted a bloody tally.

On that note, the Lungs bandwagon is a bit interesting. TMNT was RVS. But Blab was a call for activity and Lexicat attacked him for his "Why are people overreacting to RVS" post. I know it's probably just a remnant considering we have fuck all for posts today. But if anyone was wondering where it came from like me, there you go.

15. fontisian

Interesting that Aekiel had a scum read for "relying on mechanics," only to turn around and call Fishy Justice leaning town (with lots of room to backtrack) for the same reasons.
    Let's look at these “towny” posts:
    Three out of the five posts are mechanic based and one is a joke. The last one is a look at Riley that concludes precisely nothing. Care to explain your town read Aekiel, because I’m debating the merits of switching my vote to Fishy?

I’m going to look at Proph’s post 73 again. First off, I voted for Bit and Aekiel in RVS in addition to my completely serious vote for Rubicon. The second point is going to sound weird. The whole read list felt too consistent with Proph’s previous pressure in thread. That is, his scumreads were static over time. Having unchanging reads on day 1 as a townie almost never happens, from what I’ve observed, because there is so little to go on and each new post can make a huge difference in reads. It might be indicative of Proph predetermining his scumreads and taking care to keep his pressure consistent, which is something I could easily see a scum!Proph doing in an attempt to appear town.

Unvote
    Vote Prophylaxis

---------- Post automerged at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Fishy: Thanks for the vote count. Mind putting your vote somewhere?

16. Fishy Justice

Well, I was going to wait since Aekiel is already at soft lynch, and I thought I implied that was where my vote was going, but sure.

Lynch Vote: Aekiel

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry, was pretty busy today.

I'll get my thoughts up tomorrow morning.

18. Lungs

High Score:
    unvote call it paranoia but I'm suddenly afraid Aekiel's going to be quickhammered. not having a deadline vote displeases me.

I'm still not sure that RVS tells us as much about the game as people claim it does, but all the players all over that are more experienced than me, so idk, man.

The comments after the names are addressed to those people, or about them, to clear up the confusion that I must have created from word vomiting last game. Organized least to most scummy.

Lungs

Prophylaxis - kinda disagree with font, because other cup of wine, so null-town here. the reads don't look completely natural to me, but at the same time, I seem to be the only person who vomits words onto posts, so honestly I have little metric for comparison, boo.

Caesar
    - He's poked a bunch of people, I think? Pressures blab, which looks like scumhunting. null-town.

Riley Poole - simply because aekiel is flailing, but this might change. in vacuum of aekiel, this read is lean scum because of the whole "OH GOD GUYS. STUFF" and then "I'M DOING IT RIGHT, RIGHT, GUYS?!" just looks scummy

Lexicat - fuck it, this whole thing I have with her looks like a fucking mess basically I have a null town read on her and defending myself for that post much earlier, which is honestly bad, is counterproductive.

Fontisian - font's play always looks the fucking same to me it's so bad this is so bad. gut feeling is town so I'll probably do a more comprehensive read on her in a sec.

Sesc - basically my vote in 91 shares the sentiments in his 92. by this point, usually I think sesc posts more, but honestly that probably doesn't mean much. null, as with a bunch of people, expecting more.

Bill Door - only post out of RVS is content. null. say more things.

Blab - talks about weird things, has this sense of "appeal to authority" which looks like soft buddying, pressure builds on him(?), then disappears like someone hit him in a whack-a-mole. Null read, leaning scum. Null mostly because TMNT.

BitMyFinger - Is the reason for my lean-town read on Proph, because fucking hell his "conversation" with Aekiel looks staged. From the start with what looks like a bus thing. Especially with the passive-aggressive-sarcastic "OH APPARENTLY" bit in the end. Heavy lean scum.

Fishy Justice - I really don't like his reaction to the Aekiel wagon. I particularly don't like

In red. Looks like some kind of bizarre "bus one to save another" kind of thing, and thus I don't have a hard time not picturing an Aekiel/Bit/Fishy team.

TMNTurtwig
    - let me get this straight, you put an RVS on me, see that it's gaining traction, so you poke me and attack the guy votes me after you?

I hate to be doing the YOU VOTE FOR ME YOU MUST BE SCUM thing but seriously what the fuck? Vote TMNTurtwig

Aekiel - you're hyper scummy and you're backtracky. I can understand why you might think Riley isn't scum for meta reasons, but it's not your on you to defend new players and I think you're doing the exact thing I did last game: selecting people to say are town to say "I told you so" when they flip or something.

---------- Post automerged at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

ebwodp: the (?) in blab's read is about his/her gender or whatever.

---------- Post automerged at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

ebwotp: wtf there's a double negative in my post about fishy. LOL. WHAT THE FUCK IS ENGLISH: " In red. Looks like some kind of bizarre "bus one to save another" kind of thing, and thus I don't have a hard time not picturing an Aekiel/Bit/Fishy team."

19. blab

blab Second Year

NOOOOOOOOO, it ate my post ):

Alright sorry for the absence, but I had a really busy Friday.

So, anyway Aekiel and Ceasar want a scumread/case from me, while Ceasar wants me to explain my question.

Also
    Thanks, I thought that was weird, too.

Reads:

(Aekiel and Ceasar can take this as my case)
    Prophylaxis: Scummy
    Random Votes Aekiel and later disagrees with him, but doesn't even mention him in his reads and puts him at null. Also Votes BitMyFinger in #20 (for not voting Riley) and later puts him at most scummy in his reads. That means he had 3 out of 4 sumreads by post 20 (Fontisian for voting Rubicon, Me for overexplaining my Random Vote, BitMyFinger). Last scumread is Sesc (also for not voting Riley, while I think Sesc only wanted to lament that Riley is always scummy)
    Furthermore he himself puts Riley as towny in his reads.
    So basically he pushed Sesc/BitMyFinger for not voting Riley while he himself thinks Riley is town, which looks like he knows Riley is town, wants him lynched by others to come across as towny himself. His scumreads also don't look like real scumhunting. (He had them already early)
    Only not mentioned post is a post to promise more.

Lungs: Scummy
    Mentions in his readwall that he doesn't think random-votes are that helpful, but still felt the need to introduce himself with a random vote after about 10 posts of "not-random-voting". His second post is also bad, his third too, his forth just an excuse. Also votes Aekiel (easy target) and puts him as most scummy in his readwall, but votes in that same readwall TMNTTurtle instead. I don't like his readwall either, his "not scummy" are noncommittal.
    His scumreads:
    Attacks Fishy (who I don't like either).
    Good, but at the time Fishy posted that Aekiel and Bit had only 2 votes, Lungs 3. I can't see Fishy trying to sacrifice one of his scummates in the middle of day one, rather than go for a town.
    Attacks TMNTurtwig
    But TMNTurtwig was asked to read me, and why should he not pressure Lungs, after all Lungs himself admitted that he didn't do much until his readwall. Just smells like fake outrage. ("How dare you do that?")
    Also has Aekiel as most scummy but just removed the vote from him.

Furthermore I had Aekiel as scummy, Bill Door at lurk-scummy, Fishy at scummy-null, Lexicat at null (who I also feel is a bit to isolated, no questions to her, Lungs declined to defend himself..., few posts), Sesc at null, TMNT at null, Ceasar at towny-null, Riley at towny, fontisian at towny, BitMyFinger at pissed off, but probably town (because my reads on Proph, Aekiel, might be distancing, though)
    Might rewrite them if I have some time later.

Because no questions at Lexicat:
    Lexicat: As an experienced player, does Lungs accusation against Fishy make more sense to you than to me?

@Ceasar: Since i don't seem to get an answer:
    I found the whole flow of the discussion on that page unnatural, if you assume everybody is trying move discussion forward, Particularly posts #22, first part of #25, #26-#30, #34-#36, #39.
    So I wanted to know from Riley (who probably knows most the people better than me and posted #24 and #37) exactly what I asked from him.

20. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Fishy's post is a little misguided, given that relational tells before any flips are generally terrible. However, there's nothing specifically scummy about it at the moment. This might change later.

What's particularly interesting isn't even Lungs' assessment that Aekiel is using relational tells to bus one person and defend another, and it's all coordinated and they're all on the same scum team (which is extremely unlikely and Lungs needs to start wearing a tinfoil hat).

No, the particularly interesting thing is that he pushes the BMT/Aekiel/Fishy team, and lists Aekile as his #1 scum read...

And then votes TMNT.

So yeah, my vote hasn't changed for a reason.