1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Announcement:

Effective immediately, Kalas replaces Riley Poole, who had to bow out due to RL things.

---------- Post automerged at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Effective not immediately but Soon, an official vote count will happen.

*Note* Soon may be an hour or two.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@fontisian

I'm fencesitting on him. His first few posts also ping my gut a bit - his first posts feel a bit joke-y, I guess. I like how he addressed his question as mod-gamey as it indicates a lack of self-awareness. I need to see a bit more from him.

The fact that he's not following up on his questions also pushes him towards slight lean-scum.

---

Aekiel's been posting big posts and I've mostly skimmed over them. Should look a bit more deeper.

I don't like FJ's case on Aekiel. It's more like a summarization.

Hm.

@Fishy Justice

Elaborate. What do you mean by "interesting"?

blab looks better after those few posts.

---

I'm just feeling so detached from this game and I don't feel good, considering that my Day 1s are usually where you'll see my strongest play.

I'll try to reread before the end of the Day and try to find some stuff, I guess.

---------- Post automerged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Oh, heh. blab posted the same "interesting" question to me, did not catch on to that.

I'll look through Aekiel.

- Dislike his first post - don't like his reaction to my RVS vote, and if he's say, "challenging me to a duel," why doesn't he return the favor and vote me? Mindset inconsistency right there.

- Defends Riley, which I can't get much of a read from.

- Not a huge fan of how he mentions a neutral, though apparently that's not scummy on this site and most people don't believe in universal tells, so I guess this isn't a point against him.

I like how he's following up on his questions.

@Aekiel

Can you elaborate more on "Lungs is Lungs" and "Bill Door is Bill Door"?

I've looked through all of his posts, and I don't understand why people are voting him. Besides his first post, I don't see how he's all that scummy.

I'll go take a look at the votes on him, then, and see what reasoning they provide.

@fontisian

Is there a previous game in which he did this? If so, which one?

Caesar RVS votes Aekiel.

@BillDoor

Do scum need to talk in-thread?

I actually see this more as a newb!town motivated vote.

I don't like this vote. It feels too artifical and over explanatory. I also don't get the point of why Sesc is voting Aekiel.

Well, he summarized Aekiel's posts and then voted him.

----

I'd say that the scum on Aekiel's wagon are Sesc and Fishy Justice, but I still like the bitmyfinger wagon. His first few posts are still terrible.

Prophylaxis
    TMNTurtwig
    Riley Poole
    Blab
    Lungs

Aekiel
    Bill Door

Lexicat
    Fontisian
    Caesar
    Sesc
    Fishy Justice

BitMyFinger

3. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Proph, please address post #90.

Aekiel looking a smidge better, still not convinced he isn't scum. We'll see with his claim. Also not sure who he thinks I am.

4. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I'm back now and reading through the thread for my read wall.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@bitmyfinger

I refuse to answer your question.

I don't interact with strong scum reads.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Are You a Werewolf. He and Riley were scum. The majority of the exchange is on the first page if you want to look at it.

Nice. And I trust you don't mind me wanting to lynch you for it. ;)

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, checked.

Still trying to figure out the mindset of repeating an RVS joke you did as scum.

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Aekiel; I'm going to do that. Just gimme a while.

In the meantime though, wtf Prophylaxis. You just went from Null to Scum in 1.0 posts. That shouldn't even be possible, how can you implode that way?

Vote Player: Prophylaxis

9. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

You refuse? :/

Can we all just take a nice minute to appreciate this stupidity?

Rescind Vote
    Lynch Prophylaxis

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, I've gone through Proph's posts and here are the highlights. I've split them into segments for easier reading.

The Riley Ruckus
    #16 - Riley complains about Proph's RVS.
    #20 - Proph votes for BMF for not voting Riley.
    #73 - Readwall. Attacks BMF for 'over defensiveness' in the face of Riley's accusations. Then labels him 'cautious'. He also hard defends Riley. Also calls Sesc out for not voting for Riley.
    #76 - Defends Riley again, this time about the 'I am doing better?' question.

He then vanishes until now (I'll incorporate the latest posts soon).

Conclusion of this arc: Prophylaxis is extremely inconsistent even within a single post. His defence and attacks against Riley give a very warped view of him. It could be a sign of a scumbuddy attempting to divert attention away from Riley while simultaneously trying to distance himself from him.

A better idea though is that Prophylaxis is scum and wants to see Riley lynched, while still being able to say he defended him later. I think someone else has mentioned this as well, so it's not just me thinking it.

The Blab Breakdown
    #20 - Proph dismisses Blab's question about the doctor stuff out of hand.
    #73 - Readwall. States a dislike for Blab's vote on Lungs for reasons of 'over-explanation'. Also labels him as a weak scumread with Sesc/Font/Blab.
    #99 - Blab labels him as scummy and does some post analysis to go with it. He also points out that Proph may be bussing Riley, but then goes on to label Riley as town despite this.

I'm getting the feeling that Blab and Proph probably aren't connected, but there is the interesting thing about Blab I noticed in #99. If one is scum, the other probably isn't.

More important than that though, Proph shows his inconsistency again with a weak scumread on Sesc and Font despite never having mentioned them before that post. Putting them with Blab makes me think that Proph is trying to lump two good players in with an easy target (impossible to work with role reveal on death). Might work if he's third party though, but then we'd have to abandon the idea of Proph/Riley scumbuddies (2-man third party? Heinous modgaming ahead, but I'm inclined to doubt it).

A second thing I noticed was that Blab mentioned that Proph had '3 out of 4 scumreads' by post #20. Could be a sign of Blab being a third party, since nobody else is assuming there's one at this stage.

The BitMyFinger Barrage
    #20 - Settles a vote on BMF for not voting for Riley.
    #73 - Claims 'over-defensiveness' on BMF's part.
    #90 - BMF makes a good point over Proph's inconsistency.

This is either very thorough distancing or Proph and BMF are definitely not on the same team. I don't like the claim of 'over-defensiveness' either. I just don't see it in BMF's posts.

The Miscellaneous Muddle
    #61 - Has TMNTurtwig label him scummy for gut instinct reasons.
    #63 - Refutes my claim about D1 lynches with anecdotal evidence.
    #73 - Readwall again. Has him liking TMNT's accusions for newb-town reasons. He also labels everyone except for Riley/TMNT (town) and Sesc/Font/Blab/BMF (scum) as nullish.
    #73 - Again. Gut instincts on Caesar, then places him neutral.
    #95 - Font goes through his posts and claims that he may have decided on his scumreads at game start, so that he could apply consistent pressure.
    #98 - Lungs makes a seriously WTF post defending him because they have a similar style of word vomit? Wut?

So far we have Blab, BMF, TMNTurtwig and Fontisian going against Prophylaxis. We have Lungs and Riley defending him. I'm not inclined to say scum would give us the game this easily, but a Proph/Lungs/Riley scumteam is something to keep in mind.

Something else to watch out for is some potential distancing between TMNTurtwig and Proph.

As it is Proph and Riley go pretty much hand in hand. If one is scum, I reckon the other probably is as well. The potential for Lungs or TMNT to be scumbuddies is there as well. A much less probable, but still possible scumteam involves Sesc and/or Font, given Proph's seemingly random read of them. Could be attempted distancing.

So, given the assumption of scum!Prophylaxis I'd put the game this way:

Aekiel
    BitMyFinger
    Blab

Bill Door
    Caesar
    Fishy Justice
    Lexicat
    Fontisian
    Sesc

TMNTurtwig
    Lungs
    Riley Poole
    Prophylaxis

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Could you also explain why you thought Bit had experience?

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Aekiel

How am I inconsistent regarding Riley? I've pretty much straight defended him throughout the game.

Also, how do I want Riley lynched?

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    He was talking to Eido on IRC, though I think I may be mistaking him with Lexicat at this point.

---------- Post automerged at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Post #20 points towards it, though looking at it again I can see how it might just be a call for Blab to put a vote down.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm confused as to where you're logic's going.

In Post #20, I vote bitmyfinger because he labels Riley as "suspicious" but didn't vote Riley.

Where in the world am I calling blab to put a vote down?

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Aekiel: yer dumb. Dun worry tho, Uncle Kalas will show ya the ropes.. When I've caught up reading. And my beers done.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ugh, sorry. Distracted at the moment. Meant BMF.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Still.

How am I inconsistent regarding Riley, and how do I want to see Riley lynched?

18. blab

blab Second Year

That was me, right here:
    Also the vote was on fontisian that was overexplanatory, my first post here:

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

From my scumread on you:
    So basically he pushed Sesc/BitMyFinger for not voting Riley while he himself thinks Riley is town, which looks like he knows Riley is town, wants him lynched by others to come across as towny himself. His scumreads also don't look like real scumhunting. (He had them already early)

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    Looking back, it's only a tenuous thing there. The inconsistency was matched with post #20, which is where I drew the wanting to see Riley lynched part from. Advocating that people place votes on him is basically the same as calling for his lynch.

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I just want them to commit to a vote. Saying that someone is scummy, but not voting them is a scumtell, as that hints at overly cautious scum.

Just because I tell people to commit to a vote =! lynching Riley.