1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Because Prophyl is town, and Lungs is scum for the reasons I have identified, including the comment about over reacting to RVS, and his vote on you when you weren't his main suspect and he had an extremely strong scum read on Aekiel.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, kind of.

Let me look into his posts again. I thought he was a newb based on his play in MM4.

3. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

What I meant was more along the lines of why do you think Prophylaxis is town. I'm fine with lynching either him or Lungs, but I'd prefer Prophylaxis because he's made more posts and has more connections with other players.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@TMNTurtwig

Might want to bold that vote against me if you want it to count in the official vote count.

5. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Whoops, thanks. Unvote. Vote Prophylaxis.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

So, lets look through Lungs again.

- First post. "just because" is terrible reasoning for an RVS vote.

- Makes a post indicating overreaction re: RVS, which is scummy for reasons Lexi/Lambdadelta pointed out.

- Reads list, in which he fencesits on a whole bunch of people except on his scum reads. Also, yeah, don't know why he's unvoting his scum read. If he's quickhammered, you get one dead scum, right?

I dislike how he says "vote stands" on Riley then unvotes. Does the same with Aekiel, does the same with TMNTurtwig.

I'm fine with extinguishing him toDay, as it's evident that the bitmyfinger wagon isn't going anywhere.

Unvote, vote Lungs

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Since I'm at soft lynch right now and there's ~7 hours until deadline, I would like to say that I refuse to claim.

I see no reason to claim, as the votes on me are horrible and based on nothing. It's also mostly scum driven, and a claim will only benefit scum at this point. We won't be lynching me, so there's no point in claiming.

I'll analyze my wagon, for starters.

fontisian votes me for "being consistent" with my scum reads, in regards to bitmyfinger. I still think bitmyfinger is the best lynch toDay, and if enough people vote him by the end of the deadline, I'll gladly place my vote on him. I have some questions to fontisian:

@fontisian

If a player starts scummy in the early game and his behavior never improves, am I "predetermining my scumreads"?

How am I "predetermining my scumreads" anyways, when the case against bitmyfinger is legit? I'm not attempting to paint townie or null things as scummy.

Refuses to give a reason, presumably to bait a reaction out of me. I still don't get the point of this vote.

Also look at that phrasing "how can you implode that way".

Calling me scum over announcing a policy like that is counter-intuitive, because.. why would I intentionally paint a target on my back like that, as scum?

It's a personal policy, anyways, and I've adopted it in numerous games and no one has ever questioned me over it. I'm not going to convince you that you're scum, so why spend countless pages arguing over it?

I'd rather spend my time looking at other things, or bouncing off ideas with town reads.

Aand this point-by-point analysis against me.

I feel like you're just giving me a summary of my actions and voting for me.

@TMNTurtwig

I challenge you to find something you perceive scummy in my posts.

How about:

I believe I gave clear reasons in putting people in my posts.

Why doesn't it "really count"?

And how is it "half-hearted", as well?

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've said it before, but I don't think it would be as efficient to lynch Lungs today. It wouldn't give us anywhere near the amount of information a lynch on Proph or BMF would. As useless as most of Lungs' posts have been, he just hasn't been a point of discussion and only Lexicat has any real opinion on him beyond 'let's lynch him because my preferred wagon is dead'.

We do still have 8 hours left, so let's see if we can get some discussion on him before the end of the day. As it is I'm inclined to vote for Proph because then I'd be able to get a read on TMNTurtwig, Riley, Lungs, and to a lesser extent Sesc and Font.

With Lungs I get... virtually nothing. He's a decent choice for a day two lynch though, especially if Proph flips scum.

Vote Player: Prophylaxis

Other choices might be BMF, since he was fairly contentious early on in the game, and Riley/Kalas (though he's sub-optimal because pretty much everyone bar me and Proph piled on him).

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Aekiel

Can you focus more on lynching scum?

Instead of treating Day 1s like a random lynch where you have to hit town, focus Day 1 on lynching scum purely based on behavior.

I'll inconvenience you and ask you this: Look at my behavior. Look at Lungs's behavior. Which one looks better to you?

9. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

@Proph: Ecce! Are we finally interacting again?

Your first point about Lungs is pretty hilarious in my opinion. Just because is great for an RVS in comparison to your nothing. Lungs has been pretty scummy, so the rest of your points make sense.

Anyway, your 'policy' means nothing to me in the face of logical questioning. Well, logical in my opinion at least. Not sure what others think.

Your statement that we won't be lynching you is also quite hilarious. Also the fact that only scum have been voting for you. Wasn't TMNT your number 1 town read?

Also, about this policy of yours. Ignoring scum is great and all, but countering their arguments and pointing out the scumminess will go a lot better than sticking your head in the sand. It's not about 'convincing me I'm scum', it's about convincing others and getting them to see your point and vote. You've really only provided one point, then lamented over the fact that no one else joins you.

---------- Post automerged at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

More hilarity: Proph wants a lynch on me for being cautious. Aekiel wants to lynch me for being contentious.

10. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

TMNT, what part of I don't explain town reads do you not comprehend? I gave you as much as I can.

In other words, I refuse to answer your question.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@Prophylaxis: Your post is objectively bad. I thought that was so obvious that I didn't even need to point it out, but if his grace could be bothered to interact with one of the lowly Mafia reads, I'm happy to talk about the ways in which it is bad.

The short of it is, however, that your impressions are off enough that I'm not sure any Town player could justify them.

This reads like a really awkward way to apologise for all off-key posting that already happened and all that was yet to come. That completely aside, it doesn't lack a certain irony that you yourself concede to "not feeling good", while simultaneously regarding your impressions that irrevocable that you feel confident enough to ignore players.

Regarding your Aekiel analysis:

You flipped the order. There's nothing to be gotten out of the RVS, while the Riley defence was somewhat random and unmotivated -- if you want to vote for Aekiel, that's the reason.

Lungs is definitely suspicious, not least because I get the same Null-feeling I had last game. And "basically I'll post important things later." is Ollie-style. Do not want.

Yes, and if I had shortened it, you'd be talking about a lack of reasoning :rolleyes:
    That is a perfectly valid post that sums up my impression of Aekiel at that time. His defence of Riley was unmotivated, I felt like he was posting questions to be seen doing something, and on top of that trying to get the state of the game from me to adjust his Mafia!POV. Since then, his posts improved substantially.

Quite opposed to your posts, actually, and the way I see it, a refusal to talk should make anyone the default lynch target.

@Aekiel: The team would be you, Riley (coached by the team) and, possibly BillDoor, because his only useful posts at that time were about you.

12. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

4 hours left, so...

That's the gist of what I was thinking. :|

Vote Lynch: Prophylaxis

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Ehh, fair enough.

I'll bust out my notes + vote analysis + readwall soon, then, so you have some reads given off by a confirmed town.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I probably won't be able to get on till days end sooo
    Unvote

Vote:Lungs

As of this reading Lungs comes off as scummiest to me.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

By my count, Proph is one vote from a hard lynch. Try to resist the urge to hammer.

---------- Post automerged at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

It feels like a false consistency, one with the goal of lynching a player rather than determining if they are scum. You point out minor things to base your reads on, which looks like you want something to fall back on in case they flip town rather than you actually feeling they're scum. Eh, really I just wanted to pressure someone other than Aekiel for a bit. Your reaction was a little more telling.

The votes probably aren't going away. If you are a power role and we believe your claim, then a doctor role may be able to protect you tonight. If you have any role, especially a confirmable one, don't just die. Anything you can share to help town would be apprieciated as well.

---------- Post automerged at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Hey Fishy,
    Why do I get the feeling that your votes and suspicions are just following the bandwagons?

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Aekiel: He's null. I don't understand why people find him so scummy, after a glance at his posts, but he hasn't been giving off town-tells either.

Bill Door: I haven't noticed him at all. His pushes feel meaningful, so slightly leaning town, even though I don't like the target.

Bitmyfinger: He's my strongest scum read - pressure him tomorrow after I flip town.

blab: He's been scumhunting. He looks good.

Caesar: He feels off. Make sure to pressure him tomorrow, with that inexplicable disappearance.

FJ: Actually, reviewing his posts, my main scum read right now. IIoA, summation of posts, votals, and weak barning of cases. Extinguish him.

fontisian: I'm not sure how to read font yet.

Lexicat: Leaning town for recognizing my towniness and meaningful pushes onto Lungs. Gets my paranoia up, though.

Lungs: Leaning scum. I explained why previously.

Kalas: Leaning town.

Sesc: Leaning scum, probably the weakest of my scum reads. Calling Riley scummy w/out voting him and the over-explanation of the votes look bad.

TMNTurtwig: Leaning town for reasons I explained previously.

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Claiming now.

I'm Malcolm Reynolds, town JOAT.

I'd rather not claim my shots right now just to give scum a chance to take a kill @ me at Night and evaluate my threat level.

17. fontisian

I really think you should claim your shots.

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@fontisian

Why? I'd rather have the scum take a chance at nightkilling me toNight, and that will work if I don't reveal the power of my role.

The most you need to know is that I can confirm myself with one of my shots.

19. fontisian

Because JOAT is exactly the type of roleclaim I would expect a scum with no idea of the actual roles to make?

20. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I've voted twice. Once on Aekiel for reasons I explained clearly in 149, and once for Prophylaxis.

I didn't give direct reasoning for Proph because I've been busy, but I haven't liked his logic. His refusal to talk to Bit was very bad, and his refusal to claim was strange. With this JOAT reveal now, that's even stranger.

I remain suspicious of Bit for his early exchanges with Riley that seemed to want to hinder discussion, and I remain suspicious of Lungs because of something he said at the end of last game:

"On a final note, I don't want to do it, but I will roleclaim at 6 hours before the end of day if I'm still at soft lynch."

Tenuous, I know, but he's been coughing up excuses to not be here. It feels like he's actively avoiding the game. I don't like that.

I'm leaving soon. If you feel it wise for me to rescind and give the Lungs bandwagon a chance I will. I'm not sure if I will be able to do anything from my phone.

---------- Post automerged at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

And wrong quote.

"But he's got the fact that he's not scum going for him. I'd probably be heavily discouraged and it'd show."

That's what I meant.