1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Star Empire by RahXephon - M/NC-17

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Pasta Sentient, Apr 6, 2011.

1. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

It was a guilty pleasure fic for me and I'm not really that sad to see it go, it's been kind of dragging on with weird plot twists and it was getting boring.

2. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

Worry not, peoplez, worry not. The rewrite is up on ffn.

It's called the The Star Alliance. It's still futuristic and shit, but it's different.

Anywayz, link.

3. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

You know, this new story reminds me of exactly why I liked the old one. Sure, it had it's problems but it was unique in the sea of HP stories. It showed a lot of creativity even when it was being crude & cruel - right until then end.

This new one has another completely new take on HP (in spaaaace....), and while I have a couple issues with the transition, and the first couple chapters have a real Ender's Game vibe, it's originally really showcases the author's imagination and I'm looking forward to seeing how hen develops it.

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If you think it's library material, post it as separate entry. RahXephon might not finish that one either, but he will at least provide a few handful of updates.

5. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

6. Dark Minion

Noted and added to the first post.

He might add a further 100k words before he abandons it again, but I'm ok with that. Especially if or as he didn't change anything, it still isn't exactly fitting into the library.

3/5 (I noticed I never rated it).

7. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

I've read the new chapter, and he's kept it surprisingly consistent. Perhaps he kept his old notes, or maybe his style just hasn't changed at all since he stopped, but it maintains the same sort of tone as his previous chapters.

I didn't re-read the old stuff, but does anyone know what he's done to get around the filters? Has he changed the story much, or just gotten rid of the rape/pillage?

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The rape is still there, at least in concept. Go read the chapter "Spare Change". He just replaced all "offensive" words with other, milder ones, while still keeping the actions the same.
    The result is something ridiculous, and not in the good sense of the word.

9. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

It would seem that all the links besides the FFN ones are no longer valid.

The hpfanficarchive one and the adultfanfiction one both link to blank pages.

Neither can I find any references to these stories or the author online anywhere else but this thread and ffn.

Really wishing there was a backup posted somewhere.

10. Dark Minion

11. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Thank you very much Minion. I am grateful.

How did you pull that off? Where did you search, or did you have a local copy? If you don't mind my asking.

12. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Kids these days with their weak Google-fu. If this was pre-Google days you'd just stare at the internet and cry.

You can search for it by either it's fanfiction.net story id [under the assumption that you'll find a list of story mirrors which include a link to the original].

eg. https://www.google.com/search?q=fanfiction+6848522

Or else you can search for a direct quote from the original story to see if any mirrors still exist AND are being indexed by Google [some sites Google can't get into and thus won't show up with this method].

eg. https://www.google.com/search?q="reviled+Harry+Potter+was+imprisoned+and+exiled+into+space"

You could also search by title and author, but both of the searches I just mentioned work well enough to get you there. Never forget the power of unique phrases, numbers, and "quotation marks" in Google searches.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  13. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

That story always pisses me off. Author always says Harry is one more spell away from loosing magic, he gets into tough situation, he uses magic, defeats enemies and he is back at one more spell away from loosing magic.

And I never can understand how he can be that stupid when he is centuries older. There's a thing called experience which teaches you a lot as you grow older. You never dumb down while you become older. Unless he is retarded from birth.

I would love to know, how a centuries old MOD Harry would behave (I have a plot bunny). The existing fics are such a poor guides.

14. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

I think the problem stems from the detail of while Harry is the centuries old Master of Death, he also spent much of that time stuck in a crystal prison with no way of interacting with the outside world.

What skills he may have acquired during his time active would have likely atrophied due to lack of practice or general activity. That and he is surrounded by completely new situations, people and technologies means he's forced to effectively wing his plans as he progresses.

-SK

15. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

these guys don't know how to use google.. it's so easy even my mom can do eet.

Anyhow, guilty-pleasure reading this one definitely is! Tingle it does, my Yoda sense. The force is strong in Harry! Go, rape, pillage and burn!

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    And get raped in the ass while you're at it.

Don't forget to like it!

/rage

17. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Did that actually happen in this? It's been a while since I read it and it's possible I may have skipped a few chapters at the end but I don't remember that. I do remember Harry raping a female pirate captain in the ass though (I can't believe I just wrote that sentence).

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Oh, then you're going to love this.

It was this exact female captain that blackmailed him into giving himself up and letting her rape him. And she made him like it.

It was at this point that I stopped reading.

19. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Yeah, seems like that would be a pretty good place to quit the story. I think I'm going to regret asking, but what the hell kind of blackmail material did she have?

20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Εh. If I remember it correctly, Harry sided with a moon and started a war with another one. Commanded a ship and went in deep trying to accomplish something worthwhile like capture some important asteroid base or some shit.
    He managed it, but his ship got pretty busted in the process. Then the female chick appears with her badass ship, hell-bent on revenge, and things look pretty tight for Harry.
    Problem is, chick's side wasn't doing so well, so Harry figured he could save his ass (ha) by negotiating and arraging for his superiors to give the chick whatever she wanted.

This was good for him, since he both captured the base and turned one of the enemies' lieutenants against them, but guess what it was she wanted.

Dunno how it turned out after this.

Edit: So not really blackmail so much as extortion, prostitution, rape, w/e

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013