1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I would disagree that Aekiel being the counter wagon to Lungs automatically clears him. If we look at the first votes onto Aekiel after the reset it's Blab, TMNTurtwig and me. I'm town, turtwig was town and I'm fairly confident that Blab is town too. There is a possibility that it was a choice between two scum and they decided to keep Aekiel alive over Lungs.

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

The fuck?

Prophylaxis, I told you twice now how the vote on Aekiel came to be, and it's a perfectly valid vote. Furthermore, I AM THE REASON we lynched Lungs yesterday -- because I convinced blab and fontisian to stop talking about Aekiel and get on to Lungs already. And if you call that bussing, you might as well think Lexicat suspicious for her constant tunneling.

On the flip side, BitMyFinger actively tried to prevent the Lungs lynch twice now. How that is not infinitely more suspicious remains your secret. That aside, I agree with putting Aekiel into Town territory, but that's got nothing to do with the wagon, since it was started by Town way back when. It's not and never was a counter wagon to Lungs.

So basically, your post is stupid.

I'm also not terribly happy with the way the massclaim happened -- would anyone for the not mafia pros give an overwiew over the risks, the benefits, and most importantly, the reasons? We had none of those. Except the explanation by Lexicat that Mafia better goes first, while placing herself last from the get-go.

And if you now bring out your not-talking-to-'sure'-scum-rationale again, while simultaneously advocating lynching me, I'm going to quit the game because I have seriously better things to do than getting annoyed over playing mafia.

3. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Risks of a Massclaim: Since the scum are an informed minority, early in the game they benefit more from free sharing of information. In this sense, Massclaiming roles is a generally bad call, since it allows the scum to plan their night actions more easily assuming they have communication.

Benefits of a Massclaim: It forces everyone to claim something, which means that in essence the setup is laid out for the town. While trying to outguess the mod is bad, knowing logical things about what can and can't exist in a setup is also a good skill to have. Does the town seem too powerful? Does a certain claim not make sense? The later this happens, the better, since powerroles like Watchers and Trackers can often catch people in lies.

The other good thing about a massclaim is that it allows the town to coordinate night actions, which limit the scums available moves. This can provide valuable information, but is much more effective the later the game goes.

So, we've determined that early massclaiming is bad, but late massclaiming can be good in certain situations. So why are we massclaiming today?

2 main reasons:

1) We have 2 Joat's claimed, and the one who is still confirmed town is alive. With 2 JoaT's in a game, that's a LOT of power already claimed, so the scum already have a huge information advantage on us. It behooved us to gain the benefits of massclaiming on day 2 after a round of night actions went off, so we can potentially catch someone out, in addition to limiting options for wacky scum plays.

2) I have role related information that will benefit the town once the massclaim is done. It is for this reason alone that I need to go last.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Proph, if I said the scum team would 100% bus a terrible scummate for towncred (Lungs) how would that effect your reads?

I don't need a big post, at least not before popcorn is done, but its something I'd like you to consider.

5. blab

blab Second Year

Reread, my thoughts:
    I want to lynch either BitMyFinger or Bill Door. If one of them is scum Aekiel very likely isn't, and the other one likely not, either. If BitMyFinger is scum, maybe Caesar as scummate? I can't pin down a teammate for Bill Door. Therefore I'd prefer to lynch BitMyFinger.
    Unvote
    Vote BitMyFinger

Town
    Prophylaxis

Lexicat
    Kalas
    Sesc

Aekiel

Ceasar
    Bill Door
    BitMyFinger

@Kalas

I didn't like his first two posts, (I mentioned my suspicions on the discussion on page 2 already).
    His third was ok, though I found it a bit far-fetched at that moment.
    In his fourth he pressures BitMyFinger a little.
    I answered his posts 5-8 in the thread and my opinions haven't changed. I don't like how he kept his vote on Aekiel for something he "mentioned beforehand" (but was obviously not correct anymore) and then on clarification wants to lynch Aekiel for posting two things in two posts rather then one.
    In his 9th post he doubt-casts fontisian.
    In his 10th he helps the Aekiel wagon against the Lungs wagon, after my vote on Aekiel (which I am going to pretent was...ah, I mean,... reveal as a purposefully set trap)

Also I don't like the attitude about the Lungs lynch in post 10+11:
    post 10:
    I'm also not overly opposed to a Lungs lynch he hasn't exactly done anything to convince me he's town, though that might be down to him basically saying nothing at all.
    post 11:
    I'm not really feeling the Lungs lynch and I don't think there's time to get any other lynch going.

post 12 is only a reference to the reason why he is voting for Aekiel, which again, I didn't like.

So in conclusion:
    So he is voting for Aekiel (against the Lungs wagon), pressuring BitMyFinger, and had a, well, evasive attitude about Lungs.

That said, on reread, I want to lynch BitMyFinger now, and only if he is town, vote Bill Door. Though, let's see if we get something out of the massclaim.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, I'm here. Not really feeling that well, so I'm just checking in for today. I'll post more tomorrow, once I've slept and been to work.

I'm Derrial Book, the Bodyguard. I chose to try and protect Prophylaxis last night, since he's confirmed town and has the cop check.

Next up: Sesc.

7. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hey, i'm replacing Ceaser, I have to read the thread first, since i've only read the last page or so, but i'll post after that and when i'm done with class (like at 6 oclock)

8. Koalas

High Score:
    This is taking so much longer then it has to.

9. Sesc

@Lexicat: Thanks. We'll see how this goes, I guess.

I'm Fess Higgins, Vanilla.

I'd like Caesar/jwlk next.

10. blab

blab Second Year

Alright, I am going to sleep in about half an hour.
    If you want me to claim before that (in the interest of moving this along slightly quicker) tell me, otherwise you'll just have to wait.

11. Sesc

Well, if we really go by (my) suspicions, it's Caesar/jwlk > you. I had hoped he'd be around by now, but I just saw he meant 6 o'clock PT, not ET.

I dunno, it was Lexicat's idea. I haven't ever done this before. Is it alright if blab goes first?

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Last two (besides me) I don't see difference in them switiching spots. Your judgement call tho

13. Sesc

Eh, I guess it doesn't matter that much. So feel free to jump in, blab.

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

It's your call, babe. If you think it will be a more pro-town thing to save time, then change it up and ask someone who is online. The important thing is that you get people claiming one by one.

It's a judgement call you should make on whether the time saved is worth the difference in read you have in Ceasar/jwlk over Kalas and Blab.

15. blab

blab Second Year

Alright, jumping in:

Hoban Washburne

Town Vanilla

Caesar scummier than Kalas

Goodnight

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Okay so I only got up to the desperado kill happening, wasn't able to catch up fully, but right now I need to go to my internship, i'll claim really quick though so we can move along.

Jayne Cobb

I'm Vanilla town

Be back at 9 (PST)

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Am I the last then?

18. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Yeah, it's your turn. Then Lexicat can do her thing. Whatever it may be.

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Though I already expect I know who you are, sister~

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Kalas

The thing is I have mostly town reads on everyone who voted Lungs.

Lungs (5): Sesc, Aekiel, Kalas, fontisian, blab

^ final Day 1 wagon.

Aekiel is probably town.
    You're probably town.
    font flipped.
    blab is probably town.

Which leaves Sesc.

@Sesc

Yeah, I'll probably drop my "no talking to scumreads" for this game, given that people are getting annoyed by it.

I'll respond to your post soon.

---------- Post automerged at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Hm.

@Sesc

Why are you calling BMF "preventing the lynch twice" and "he looks really bad" without voting him?