1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@Prophylaxis; sorry if I sounded a little exasperated. You might want to wait till after the claims; I have a feeling the game will have changed a lot by then.

@Lexicat: Well, there's that, yeah. But isn't this a little lame?

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Fair enough, then.

I'll wait.

3. Sesc

... I seriously didn't vote? o_O

Wtf. I was sure I had. Vote Player: BitMyFinger

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Haha shoulda known.

River Tam, Vanilla Town.

CAUSE EID HAS NO SENSE OF GAME DESIGN. LITERALLY THE ONLY SUPER POWERED PERSON IN THE VERSE. FUCK

5. Sesc

I can't stop laughing.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

INTERACTION CHART OF LUNGS:

Aekiel: llll -
    Bill Door l
    BitMyFinger lllll
    Blab: llll +
    jwlk: l
    Lexicat: lll +
    Kalas: lllll ll +
    Sesc: ll +

Aekiel "Lungs is Lungs" is bad
    Riley just mostly talks to Lungs
    blab and Lexicat vote Lungs
    Lungs votes Aekiel

He places me and Caesar on the same scale (null-town) which is evidence that Caesar could be town. Also Lexicat.

Lists Sesc, Bill Door, and blab as null reads, which could be helpful if bmf flips scum.

Lists TMNTurtwig, bmf, Fishy, and Aekiel as scum reads. Makes sense if there's scum in that group of four, which if it isn't Aekiel, it's bmf.

I'm down for a bmf lynch, though I want people to say why Sesc is townie.

------

Not using the readwall as a interaction.

BMF says he thinks a Lungs soft lynch is "safe for now" but never votes him.

I think BMF and Bill Door come out looking the worst out of this.

Think I'm going to look at Bill Door, who has been a blind spot for me all game before the Day is over, then vote bmf.

7. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'm Simon Tam, and my role is weird.

I know River is in this game.
    I know that since I rescued River from the alliance, she has been insane.
    I am trying to cure River of her insanity.

I can target someone in the game at night, and if they're River I try to cure her insanity.

No idea what that does, but this is what I do know.

River(Kalas) is pretty much guaranteed town from my PoV.

Book and Mal are both pretty much town.

Since we have 5 VT claims (6 if you count River, but I get this feeling that I might unlock some of her ability), and we have 2 confirmed town JoaTs, a basically conf. town Body Guard, and the Simon/River thing.

There is 0% chance that scum have no power roles. So the scum are inside those 5 VT claims, guaranteed.

I'm going to be targeting River tonight. The BodyGuard should use his ability on our JoaT.
    Our JoaT should either Cop or Jail (which ever one he didn't do last night) one of those 5 VTs.

And we should lynch one of those 5 VTs today.

If you Jailkept last night Prohyl, I don't want to know.

If you copped last night, Prophyl, and you got a townie, I don't want to know YET. With the BG on you, you're pretty much guaranteed to live to tomorrow, where you can give us that info.

If you got a scum result, I expect you would have already claimed it.

So yeah, with that said, I think I want to lynch BMF.

Vote: BMF

8. blab

blab Second Year

I think you missed that Prophylaxis said that he an confirm roleblocker.

Not sure why you think bodyguard is confirmed town, because 2 JOAT+bodyguard+desperado+whateverRiver/Simondoes seems OP, given that at least 1 scum (lungs) is powerless. (unless the River thing is detrimental to town until cured)

9. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I actually think that is a standard amount of power, tbh.

But I have no idea what will happen with River.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed with Lexicat: the bodyguard isn't that powerful in this set up because someone still dies during the night. Also, scum have a roleblocker. If it's not a one-shot ability, that means my ability is pretty much useless except to focus the roleblock. Plus, I have to guess right, which will be especially difficult given that scum now know my role.

Anyway, I'm feeling better today so I'm going to go through day two and see what sticks out at me. We could do with some more activity though, so let's get some questions going.

BitMyFinger: Build a case against Jwlk/Caesar.

Blab: Given the claims, do you have any changes you'd wish to make to your readwall?

Jwlk: Since you've just gone through the thread; give me your reads on Bill Door.

11. blab

blab Second Year

@Lexicat:

Hmm, you might be right, maybe the last game colored my perception of what is "normal".

Also you forgot to color your vote.

And that leaves us with BitMyFinger already at soft-lynch.

BitMyFinger: blab, Sesc, Lexicat
    Sesc: Prophylaxis

@Aekiel

Not really, I am only more paranoid about Lexicat being scum (still think she is very town), but none of the claims were particularly surprising. Prophylaxis is still only confirmed town, Lexicat, Kalas, Sesc and you lean-town, BitMyFinger, Bill Door and Ceasar lean-scum.
    Still want to lynch BitMyFinger, if scum jwlk, if town Bill Door. Still very sure that one of BitMyFinger and BillDoor is scum.
    Really, the only new thing is:
    Lexicat=town -> Kalas=town (if cured?)

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It'd be a ballsy as hell gambit if Lexicat and Kalas turned out to be scum, but I honestly can't see it happening. Lexicat has been one of my stronger town reads this game, and while I could potentially see Riley/Kalas as scum, it just doesn't seem to fit with Lexicat at all.

---------- Post automerged at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Also, I'm not going to vote for BMF yet, but consider me on the bandwagon nonetheless.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My only concern is that my Role mentioned nothing about this. I am vanilla as far as I know. Please dont consider Lexi confirmed until I get something.

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Going through a few last posts, but if I get randomly interrupted, I want to put these thoughts down:

I don't really think Lexicat is town anymore. Because his role doesn't sound very likely to be a town role. There are 12 other people, and there are no 'hints' for roles, that could possibly find out who is who by reading the thread, since its all just flavor.

With that said, I think she's just a third party who has to find River (or whoever, Have no idea about firefly stuff), and when she finds him, she wins and leaves the game. Eido's had some stuff like this in other setups, so i think its possible. Maybe Kalas will get some power, but i'm kinda doubting it. Overall, if this is whats going on it doesn't sound to bad for town.

And if thats the case, Lexi calling for a mass claim and it actually happening is genius.

With that said, since there isn't anything we can really do about it, will you confirm or deny, Lexicat?

Anyway, I have class in a little bit, but i'll try to get my post out first within 10 mins

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

If I was a third party who had to find River, I wouldn't have needed to go through the trouble of massclaiming. I would have just taken my chances guessing at this breadcrumb. (For your benefit, jwlk, Summer Glau is the actress who plays River Tam in the show).

---------- Post automerged at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

In addition, I have a question for you jwlk.

I know I'm a townie, but let's stop for a second and flip the chessboard. Looking at my answer, what does it really tell you about my alignment? It's like asking someone if they're scum or not. The answer will always be no. Even if I was a third party like you described, my answer would have been the same.

So what did you stand to gain with that question? I mean, by your own logic I can't be scum. There's no way that I make this kind of weird extravagant claim as scum, let alone ask for a massclaim. It simply doesn't benefit scum!Lexi. So at best you get me to attest I'm a third party... and then what? What is gained?

I guess my problem with your post is that you've been promising content for a while today, making empty posts, and then this is the best you come up with? At best it's filler, and worst it's distracting.

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I see Blab and Bill Door spectating this thread. What do you think of jwlk's alignment and postings?

16. Sesc

Is there any point to a Lexicat/Kalas Mafia play? I can't really see it, tbh. It seems too risky, and both weren't really under any suspicion to possibly justify it. Also, aren't their characters main characters on the good side? It's flavour-reasoning, but still.

What I think is pretty certain is that both are on the same side, however, and that excludes third-party!Lexicat as well.

What I'm currently wondering is how many Mafia there are. Given all the powerful roles, I almost think four instead of three. With 9 alive and regular NK, we'd have only one mislynch left.

17. blab

blab Second Year

I think he is scum, likely teammate is BitMyFinger.

That said, the thought that you are 3rd party looking for River has crossed my mind, though I dismissed it, as it is 99%* not game-ending (I think Eido even put it in the rules?) and therefore not relevant to town!victory.

*I can't imagine Eidolonic devising a set-up where there is a ~10% chance the game ends night 1.

---------- Post automerged at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

@Sesc surprisingly, all our characters are on the good side

18. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I haven't seen anything that would make me take him off my list of three possible scum players.

19. Sesc

@blab: Well, if I googled correctly, Lungs was a traitor. I have no clue about the show beyond that, however. So what are you saying -- Mafia not only fake claimed their roles, but also their characters?

20. blab

blab Second Year

I would assume that Eidolonic gave fake-claims to scum. (He did it in the Harry Potter game)