1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Super Highschool Level Mafia ~Mafia Win~

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And those were both anonymous kills fonti. blab made a really good play here for really obvious reasons.

2. blab

blab Second Year

Sorry ):

I might have over-thought it ( I thought about all possible balance combos, i.e roleblocker vs tracker, etc), but in the end I'd rather actually get to use my ability then gamble on being alive late game. I thought about claiming day 2, I even thought about waiting longer and claim as late as possible/after the potential roleblocker died. Still think claiming now is not that bad of a idea (prevents worst case), and I guess maybe I am just not ballsy enough to gamble with my first powerrole.

Fake-edit:
    LOL, feel a bit better after reading Kalas post.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We'd better hope that scum don't have a roleblocker and that we have some sort of protective role, then. I doubt both of those things are true, because blab's ability is sopowerful.

4. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Hmm. I'm inclined to accept your roleclaim for the moment blab. I'll refrain from voting for a target until we've had more discussion. I'll have a read back over the thread (such as it is...) and check in later. And while I'm here:

Unvote

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You guys are dumb. blab has to reveal otherwise he's just vanilla, that ability is too good not to reveal and revealing makes him an insta-target. Why would you not reveal when the max number of protection roles are alive?

6. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Moderator Notice: I have just been informed people are confused by Sayaka Maizono's role. I didn't expect people to actually think "Sacrificial Lamb" was going to be a role. It's just a place holder for her because she wasn't selected for the game.

7. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

So obviously when someone makes a claim, the first thing I do is figure out the reasons scum would go down this route if they made that fake claim. First off, if this is a false claim, I give points for creativity. If it is a false claim, it would keep them from being targeted from lynches for obvious reasons. They could last a while with absolutely nothing happening because they could keep saying they were being roleblocked and that they must be getting town protection. They probably would be getting town protection if there is a doctor type role because of course this is such a powerful tool. This could keep going until the scum roleblocker got lynched and there was no more excuse as to why results were not happening. Of course the kicker would be if there was no scum roleblocker at all and this was why they came up with this original claim. But they would hve to know that if there is a priest this first day that they would be checked right away. Unless the scum was that role where they are innocent when checked and at that point I would have to say kudos for the great scheme. I think it is very unlikely that all of those things came together like that so at the moment I am inclined to believe blab's claim but not the the point that I can give complete trust yet.

Going with that, I am not sure it was the best idea to claim on day one as scum probably would not have killed you night one considering you have been involved in controversy and had votes on you. Pretty definite that there is a role blocker otherwise this would be too easy. So now I think we won't get any results tomorrow and I think that it will give scum a clear path to kill anyone else with them having no chance of protection. Of course I understand the claim early on, there is no point dwellingon if you should or shouldn't have claimed since it is done, and there really is no super ideal to claim. i think this will at least get the game going and gove us a lot more to talk about in our week long discussion.

I am still at work and being on a farm I have very limited internet on my phone and have trouble typing on this phone so that is why I only really talked about one post. When I get home to a computer I will post more about players and other posts.

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

phoneposting, providing thoughts later

unvote, vote kalas

this is the best wagon right now

9. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I'm nursing a bit of a headache at the moment, so I apologise if this is incoherent or if I've missed something obvious.

Having looked back over the thread in light of blab's role claim I agree with Sesc that Aek's post #37 is pretty bad. I'm not seeing whatever Proph does in Kalas.

Anyway, I'm going to go take some paracetamol and (hopefully) get back to this soon.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bill Door: What do you think of blab's claim?

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Again you're qualifying all of your opinions, "pretty bad" etc. Would you give me some firm opinions or reads?

I can't imagine scum taking a risk like that this early in the game so I'm willing to take it at face value for now.

12. Caesar

Caesar First Year

The only firm opinion I have at the moment is that Aek is scummy- talking about mechanics and misrepresenting the previous game. Aside from that? Font and Proph seem towny to me: they're pressuring people and trying to drive discussion. Actually, in the spirit of this post:

Vote Player: Aek

13. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Far from, actually. Don't tell anyone, though.

Anyway, you're claim: there are worse things that could have happened. It gives us a little bit of info to work with.

@Aekiel: You mentioned blab feeling 'off', care to elaborate on what you meant at the time?

As a side note, on Lexicat last game: Along with what everyone else has said, I would argue it was a refusal to mod game that led to her success. Her proposed role was so vague and out there, that I still don't understand how it flew.

14. blab

blab Second Year

Pressure much?

Not seeing it. I didn't like the post with his promise of a more serious post, but you must be seeing more.

a) Your secret is safe with the internet.
    b) That's at least something. Can you mention a suspicion, too?

Also, I just reread the thread and Rents was not actually serious, right, ...right?

Unvote, Vote Rents

(probably correct) Vote Count:

blab (1) - Aekiel
    Aekiel (2) Sesc, Caesar
    Rents (2) - Kalas, blab
    Kalas (2) - Rents, Prophylaxis
    Sesc (1) - Fishy Justice
    Caesar(1) - Bill Door

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Searching for a Replacement for WetNurse

16. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Lex, I'm still up. haven't had internet connection over the weekend due to the earthquake here.

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

And that's a good enough reason for me, my apologies.

18. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Blab

What does your second ability do? You mention that it's a negative ability but I don't buy that it's a negative ability.

If you are town and your role claim is true then your first ability is pretty OP for being a town-checker and a scum-killer. I'd guess that this is the reason why you have to post your role/ability in-thread to balance it out. I'm guessing that scum would have a role-blocker to balance out this OP ability (unless town doesn't have a doctor so scum have to kill you first night after your reveal). With this information, your ability is pretty useless unless the scum role-blocker is dead and the town doctor (if we have one) is still alive.

Adding a negative ability to that first ability makes you more of a liability.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I'm inclined to believe Blab's claim simply because he was probably going to be lynched if he didn't claim. This was a good play, Scum have to kill or Roleblock him now so others can do something. Proph and Aek look worse for the wear too.

20. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

First, what are RVS and RQS?

Vote:Luckylee

Not a fan of Luckylee's posts, maybe hypocritical because I haven't posted much, but they really seem on hold nothing in them. Post #36 which seemed to be the 'reads' was so vague and passive while mentioning almost everyone in it. It felt like he was trying to put out an image of having an opinion of everyone while still staying under the radar and not riling anyone up.