1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Super Highschool Level Mafia ~Mafia Win~

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I am super mega-tired and stuff, so for now:

Vote Super Genki Funtime Deadline Extension

From my Mini 5 QT:

That aside, why ask that question?

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I've already said Aekiel but if you want some others then Fishy's #134 seemed very bandwagony to me, which I don't like this early in the game and I don't think Wetnurse could possibly have been more cautious with his scum reads in #151.

3. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Thanks font. Didn't mean to put you out. Just wanted someone to compare notes with and your analysis is usually reliable.

4. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@font and blab
    In my defense, I haven't had the luxury of reading through all the posts with a fine-toothed comb. Life has been crazy lately. Instead of butting on what seems to be a dead conversation, I'd rather start something which I could keep track of, no matter how silly a mechanics related conversation is at this point of D1.

Anyway, I'm all up for an extension but I only see it as prolonging the inevitable. Discussion usually only heats up a few hours before day ends.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Your not wrong, but we're waiting on a couple tl;dr's and that's going to get plenty of discussion.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'll provide more thoughts in the morning, but off of skimming the thread, I like Bill Door because he seems actively involved in the game and actually scumhunting. I think blab is town based on his claimed role and the manner in which he claimed it. I haven't been paying attention to anyone else yet/looked into them more deeply.

Kalas calls me out on my bad logic yet conveniently ignores the part about him posting fluff until I call him out on it - that point still stands. He's just cherry-picking an easy thing to attack me on (the bad logic) and discredit my accusation of him by association.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Caesar: One case, and sorry for the irritable response earlier.

Luckylee
    Post 26: Filler

Post 28: Bit of pressure of Fishy Justice.

Post 30: Terrible pun.

Post 36: Lucky comments on everyone for no apparent reason. Could mean that he wants to be helpful, could mean that he just want to appear helpful.

Post 42: I like the continued interest here, but the topic was a fairly pointless thing to pursue.

Post 53: Misunderstanding of RVS.

Post 79: I already commented on how Luckylee's assumption that Blab would have been lynched is flawed. It could be indicative of a scum mindset where he's looking for the easiest lynch instead of lynching scum.

Post 81: Further misunderstanding of RVS. The attempt to answer the question without actually knowing the answer could be an attempt to appear helpful. I don't like the bit about no pressuring people when "others are already doing so."

Post 83: Interesting that Luckylee was thinking of people as targets instead of likely scum.

Post 86: Not remembering that my vote was left over from RVS is understandable, considering my pressure on blab after my RVS vote. The bit about blab's claim looks good.

Post 99: The bit about being too lazy to back up his statement against Proph is bad, especially because it is objectively wrong. This post makes an Aekiel/Luckylee scum team unlikely.

Post 106: I would like some explanation of these fairly generalized statements about Aekiel and Proph. I like the bit questioning Aekiel having Proph as his strongest town read.

Post 109: The lack of awareness of the lynch wagon matches with his previous statements, but I would call it a null tell.

Post 116: Once I realized this was picking apart Caesar's post for a possible scumteam with Luckylee, it started making sense. The follow up pressure on Proph is good.

Post 121 and 123: Clarification of post 116.

Post 148: Clarification of post 110.

I'll look forward to that. Some reads would be appreciated.

tl:dr Luckylee started off badly, but got better. The scummiest things he’s done would have to be calling people strong “targets” in post 83. I'm open to a lynch, but would much prefer to lynch Aekiel, Lochness or Wetnurse.

Actually, here's a list:
    fontisian
    blab
    Sesc
    Caesar

Bill Door
    Prophylaxis
    Kalas

LuckyLee
    Fishy Justice

Rents
    Wetnurse

LochNess
    Aekiel

8. Koalas

High Score:
    .. This is the tl;dr I have been waiting literal days for? Ugh.

As if your massive leaps in logic were some minor thing. Do you know what one of the easiest ways to spot scum is? Instead of going from Analysis to a Suspect, they choose a Target and bullshit some Analysis. How does one notice this? By the massive fucking gaps in their logic.

And, again, if Analysis was your first goal when reading my posts instead of fodder to feed your talking points you would have noticed this:

RVS and brief comments were all I had time for beforehand. If you want to come down on me for that, go right ahead. I deserve it. But it not a case.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Oops. Not your post fonti. Proph's.

9. blab

blab Second Year

Didn't get to it yesterday evening, sorry.

Aekiel: Analysis has been done, so: I didn't like his early mechanic question, and the meta-gaming thing. Bandwagoning on me, meh. His reads have been commented on. Further don't like his general statements(informed minority, scum does not need to analyse, town doesn't know who other town is) that he has sprinkled through his posts. Has at least kind of followed up on his scumreads (a vote on Luckylee, two questions for Ceasar, but the most time-investiture-ish thing has been the tunneling analysis on fontisian.
    His disappearance since the posts around 130# is annoying.

Wetnurse: First post, whatever. Second post I misunderstood, but even if "The entire point of my post was to question the authenticity of your claim" I don't like it, because the post is just doubt-casting me without him explicitly taking a stand himself. Next post at least takes a firm stand. The scum-reads are not good, because the most interesting ones (Kalas, Sesc) are the one with the least reasoning. Question about scumteam, discussed. RL defence of question, ok. "Anyway, I'm all up for an extension but I only see it as prolonging the inevitable. Discussion usually only heats up a few hours before day ends." You could try to do something about it.

Lochness: First post whatever, second post whatever. Third post is an analysis of my claim including scum-coaching. Last post is actual pressure on LuckyLee, ok. Needs to post more.

Fishy Justice: Posts 1-2 are fluff, posts 3-7 feel very bandwagony.

Prophylaxis: RL excuse accepted, needs to post and scumhunt now.

Rents: No useful posts, gets replaced, whatever.

Kalas: i made a comment about his early game already. Pressures Prophylaxis pretty consistently since then. Obviously looks better the worse Prophylaxis looks. Still want him to post views about other people once Prophylaxis has posted a larger post.

LuckyLee: Once I have managed to parse his posts, they kind of make sense. Feels more towny than in the game I read with him, might be coaching, but for right now feeling more towny makes me think he is more likely to be town. Also, not voting.

Caesar:
    Read Bill's posts to know what I don't like about him. (especially early game) That said, has been active, and have a better feeling about him lately.
    Gets more scummy if Aekiel flips town/LuckyLee flips scum:
    Vague connection with LuckyLee (both talking about voting for "targets", both having a post with a "not pressuring because others are dong it", both having Aekiel as a primary "target", can imagine interaction between them as distancing)

Sesc
    : Mostly helpful.

fontisian
    : Yay.

Bill Door:
    Few posts, but the last four have at least been scumhunting. And I can agree with his posts, so yeah.

10. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Thanks font. That's quite helpful. I mostly agree with your reads, with a few minor changes (my gut says to swap Sesc and Bill Door).

@Proph: This had better be one hell of a TL;DR

LochNess, Fishy, Wetnurse: Contributions?

Anyway, I should have another TL;DR of my own out in a few hours.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Fair enough.

*nods*

I'm not sure what this question is asking.

Providing thoughts on Wetnurse soon.

Full confession, but most of the early Day 1 was blind to me (aka: I didn't pay much attention to anyone other than blab, I don't know why) so I probably just skimmed over Aekiel.

Why does post 54 feel like town!Kalas?

It's strange because no one has called him out for posting nothing but fluff.

I'll need to take a look into his posts more.

Okay, I'll see if my readwall can convince you.

I'll weigh in on Aekiel.

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

LochNess: PBPAing - says a lot of words about nothing, tosses a vote on LuckyLee while being self-conscious (maybe hypocritical because I haven't posted much) and has lurked the rest of the day. Upon reflection, I'm null on LochNess and want her to post more.

Aekiel: Slight +town read due to OMGUS RVS vote. I dislike he says "We (meaning town)". On second thought, #37 feels like a puddle of IIoA. Also hate how he stated that Caesar is his "strongest scum read" without a vote. Then he switches to.. Luckylee?

Also, "looking worse and worse" comes from a scum mindset. He states that he's doing a "post analysis" of font but he just summarizes the posts instead of analyzing them.

I'm very leaning scum here, after digesting his posts in more detail.

Luckylee: Posts #36 which is passive and summarizes everything. Displays my homebrew "lust of information" tell. Displays the MM4 Lungs tell of never voting anybody. "interesting" in #99.

He's not doing anything, and I'm very leaning scum on him. His posts are devoid of usefulness.

Kalas: I already explained my scumread on him, which is active lurking until I called him out on it.

I'm not sure if I buy the midterms thing, which.. I mean, it's a Thing. But personally I wouldn't have posted anything/posted at least /some/ thoughts on players - see my sparse V/LA posts for an example of that, or I would just not post at all. I mean, check Battle School Mafia and ctrl-f for "Newfie Land" - he latched onto Smile and Rubicon immediately.

Does anyone have an example of a Kalas!scum game?

fontisian: My paranoia in the back of my head is hoping she's not pulling another MM3 again. Looking at her posts, I really can't find anything to suggest that she's scum - she's solid from a behavioral standpoint and is pretty much scumhunting all of the time. Leaning town.

Fishy Justice: The current thing with FJ is that I think he's always scum but he always flips town. I hope the reverse isn't true, because he's actually something in this game. Null for now - I always get burned trying to read him.

Wetnurse: Tunnels on blab for a... role-related reason? Actually slightly leaning town - don't think that scum would vote for blab after he's claimed, and Wetnurse's vote reads like a Too Dumb To Be Scum homebrew tell.

Rents: Three fillery posts, replaces out. Null read.

Sesc: Pretty cleanly scumhunting, I think. Goes after Aekiel immediately, though don't know why he switches his vote to Rents. Leaning town.

Caesar: Looks like usual town!Caesar. He cares about his questions and is actively scumhunting. Leaning town.

However, I can't shake my paranoia that at least one of my strong analyst=leaning town reads (Caesar, Sesc, Font) is scum. We'll see, though, and that's what interaction + votal analysis is for!

---------- Post automerged at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

All said and done,

Prophylaxis
    blab
    Caesar
    Bill Door
    Wetnurse
    fontisian
    Sesc

Fishy Justice
    Rents
    LochNess
    Kalas
    Aekiel
    Luckylee

@Mod: Vote Count?

Unvote, vote Luckylee - I'll happily switch my vote upon who has the larger wagon, but we're probably lynching either one of Luckylee or Aekiel toDay.

12. blab

blab Second Year

let me quickly clarify:
    If my grasp on the English language is correct, being a bit more worried about event x implies that you're worried/thinking/whatever about event y, but are a bit more worried about event x. (i. e. I think Obama is a Muslim, I am a bit more worried about him being a Communist, though alternatively: Zombies have killed everyone else in the world, so I am a bit more worried about them). I was simply wondering what this other event is that you were worrying slightly less about, given that it is neither explicitly stated (Obama) nor could I discern it from context (Zombies).

/sigh, that wasn't quickly

Also vote count has been provided in post 152

13. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Super Highschool Level Votecount: The Third

Aekiel(3)- Caesar, Font, Fishy
    LuckyLee(3)-LochNess, Aekiel, Prophylaxis
    Kalas(1)- Rents,
    Blab(1)- Wetnurse
    Caesar(1)- Bill Door
    Wetnurse(1)- Blab
    Prophyl(1)- Kalas
    Rents(1)- Sesc

Not Voting: LuckyLee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends 12:00 PM EST October 26th, which is in 24 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I am still looking for a replacement for Rents. I've asked almost everyone I know to ask. If anyone knows of anyone who might be interested in playing this game, I would greatly appreciate your help.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Hm, okay.

More town reads are on Aekiel. Unvote, vote Aekiel

@blab: Sorry, I just meant "I'm worried about blab". "A bit more worried" was extraneous.

15. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Urgh, sorry for absence. This week was shit, but finally it's weekend. I'll have dinner, and then hopefully post something useful.

Also, the vote on Rents was because he put up the "I'm going to post stuff later"-card, he never posts later when he does this. But considering Lexicat is going to have him replaced I might as well pull the vote.

Rescind Vote

16. blab

blab Second Year

Alright, let's do this now:

So you claim to actually care about your question. Then why didn't you comment on my shit reasoning in my response (#134)?
    You either didn't read my post or you didn't care to understand it.
    Therefore your question actually was just filler, exactly what I am accusing you of.

---------- Post automerged at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

post #154 ...

17. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Right. Read wall time.

Aekiel: As detailed previously, scum

Bill Door: I've liked his consistent pressuring of me. He's been playing in a town fashion. Would like to see more activity.

blab: After a shaky start has improved considerably. Helping to drive discussion and scum hunting. A strong town read.

Fishy Justice: Hasn't posted all that much and I haven't really liked much of what I've seen. As others have noted seems bandwagony. Potential links to Lucky. Null-Scum

fontisian: Seems her usual pro-town self. My strongest town read at the moment.

Kalas: Was pretty fillerish at the beginning but responded to pressure from Proph. Later posts have been better. Currently leaning to town side of null.

LochNess: Few posts, only two of note, one of them somewhat incriminating. Scummy

Luckylee: After looking back (with a non sleep deprived mind) he looks better. Would like to see those promised reads. Currently null.

Prophylaxis: Had a good start but shaky reasoning and lack of follow-up on Kalas let him down. Still town side of null.

Rents: Error: Data not found

Sesc: Seems like typical town!Sesc but could be more active. Still fairly happy to rate him as town.

Wetnurse: Don's like mechanics questions and he hasn't done much actual scum hunting. Could have gone after blab to cover scum buddies. Somewhat scummy. Need to see more.

Read wall aside, there's a good chance I won't get on again before deadline, in which case I apologise.

18. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Alright I'm off for the day, so I'll go through the thread now.

19. Koalas

High Score:
    If there's one hard, fast and unbreakable rule of mafia its that you don't lie about RL. You just don't.

From your PoV we have me: Lurking -> Pressured -> Posting. Lets compare him to a hypothetical. Say.. player P who: Posted -> Pressured -> Disappeared. What's scummier?

BMF was a clusterfuck where I let my personal feelings get in the way of my reads. Also SotK literally spelled the scum team out for us on post 17.

My most recent scum game was Mini Mafia #1.

Also bandwagon hopping noted.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Alright so since I'm not forum savvy enough to make different color fonts for scum reads, I'll just list em. My biggest three atm are probably Aek, Fishyjustice, and Caesar. I also don't like Lochness but she isn't posting enough for me to give anything solid against her. Ok for Aek and Proph, I reread the thread and those two seem pretty buddyish which looks scummy as hell. I never really said it because it didn't make sense to me as to why 2 good players would play like that. I'll start with

Aek followed up with

I've already said I felt Aek talking about game mechanics felt like an attempt to build town cred, and his statement "We (meaning town!)" also felt weird.

Proph later explains his reasons for voting stating he didn't like Blab's joke/meta reasons. He then pokes at Kalas for RVS shenanigans as well.

Aek then pressures Blab a bit, and Proph votes for Kalas.

Proph looks better when he explains he doesn't like Kalas because he felt his post were useless. Proph follows up on Fonti because she isn't seeing what he is which is weird for a good player.

Aek follows up with thoughts about me being scum and basically useless. Fair enough but everyone seems to be forgetting it's Day One and nothing solid yet. My post have been useless.. because I really didn't feel like posting for the sake of posting. I had no real reads other than gut feelings which is bull, and throwing around a Lynch vote since cuz.

Aek threw his vote on me, and Caesar built my supposed scum team, which was bad and made feel bad for reading it. Fishyjustice who has been equally useless as me imo, is ignored by Aek. As for the rest, uhm I don't have any other than feels, which would be Fonti seeming to be town, Sesc and Bill Door, posting little but seeming towny, Kalas activish town. Wetnurse I don't really have to say about. Proph looks better on my reread, I think stuck up on the Blab vote, leaning scum with Lochness, Fishy, and Caesar. Aek is defineitly my strongest scum read atm.

TLDR
    Lynch Vote:Aekiel

---------- Post automerged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Ragh my grammar makes me angry D8