1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Super Highschool Level Mafia ~Mafia Win~

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Oct 18, 2013.

1. InBlue

InBlue Muggle

So far I'm having a hard time sorting things out and reading people, in part because I've never played with you guys before so I don't know how people "normally" act. And with all this info for me at once, people's activity is also pretty hard to judge, and it's hard to remember specific examples to back up arguments.

With that said, my two most suspicious right now are Lochness and LuckyLee.
    Lochness mostly because of what you said (not posting much of worth, which is striking me as evasive), and LuckyLee mostly because of a gut feeling, which doesn't make much sense, but hey.

---------- Post automerged at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

I'm having a hard time reading people so far, in part because I've never played with you guys before and don't know how people "normally" play. And with all of this info coming in at once for me, it's hard to judge activity levels and to remember specific examples to back up arguments.

With that said, my two most suspicious right now are Lochness and LuckyLee.
    Lochness because, as you said, not posting much of worth (which strikes me as evasive) and LuckyLee mostly because of a gut feeling. Which doesn't make sense, I know, but hey.

---------- Post automerged at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Whoops double post... :(

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hey InBlue are you scum by any chance?

3. Caesar

Caesar First Year

In progress.

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Caesar can you turn off invisible please?

5. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Caesar - You look a bit scummy fmpov. Mostly because of interactions between font, sesc and you on Day 1. it seemed like the 3 of you were distancing from each other. It's a bit weird because font sounded really towny. My gut tells me to be wary of you, though. But seeing as font flipped town, I don't know if this still holds as much water.

Kalas - I get the feeling that he started the game unsure on how to present himself as town but has later on found a way to solidify himself a position. With font dead he reads as the towniest but I'd still be wary of him. If there was a neutral role, it could be him.

Bill Door - Sporadic posts here and there but hasn't done anything that I would consider to be scummy. If he were in a scum team, I'd guess it would be with blab, and luckylee (caesar could easily sub in here).

Lochness - NULL. The attack on blab on Day 1 though could be worth something. Distancing perhaps?

blab - Along with Kalas, you read as one of the towniest right now. After much analyzing, I think your role claim is a bit more believable. However, if Bill Door or LuckyLee flip scum I'd be more suspicious.

LuckyLee - You are all over the place. I don't know if you're scummy or what. You call for activity then disappear. You post something but it has no content.

Fishy, Rents/InBlue, and Sesc - I'll do you later since I got to work.

6. Caesar

Caesar First Year

How long have I had that on for? Anyway, done.

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    :/ The reason I vanish is because my schedule is blehbleh atm. But I'm looking at the live list and stuff.

Caesar-I'll reserve judgement until after his TLDR

Kalas-Towny and fueling discussion

BillDoor/Sesc-They're posting little they always seem helpful so probably town

Wetnurse-Has a fair point, I call for activity because I know I may not be around for hours and I want to try to get some discussion going. I kinda see your point about blab. Somewhat

Blab-You targeted arguably the strongest town read, which makes no sense to me tbh. You should of targeted a lurker imo, Fonti was the strongest town read, and considering her activity likely to die. Since she's dead we can't really confirm anything with you, but I didn't want to doubtcast so early. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Lochness/Fishy-Lurking and annoying me a lot. I'm tempted to throw a Lynch on Fishy just to get to post. I think I will actually, Lynch Vote Fishy Justice Lochness is hopefully gonna be replaced I guess.

InBlue-His/Her first post seemed off. Since you're Fonti's friend I thought you would have a great first post considering all the content and stuff, but it just seemed mehish.

If I missed anyone /shrug

8. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Care to elaborate on what you found off about InBlue's post, Lucky?

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Just that there is so little tbh. With 12 pages of content, you should be able to manage a little bit more than what InBlue posted.

10. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I apologize about my lack of activity this game, there's no real excuse. I'm going to need to apologize further, as I have a test tomorrow morning. I'll have tomorrow afternoon to be more thorough, but for now time is a bit short.

@Bill: I voted for Aekiel for the same reasons everyone else did. The summation of his posts suggested to me that he was nervous. From his read of Sesc, to his constant defensive posts, focus on fontisian, and even his vote on Luckylee seemed more born of desperation than anything else.

But he flipped town. With Proph and Font with him. I plan on reading back through the thread with this in mind, but again, time is limited right now.

Thoughts in short order are:
    Two replacements isn't helping.
    Lucky has a point about InBlue.
    Blab and Bill seem towniest to me, as both have been actively scum hunting for a while now.
    Sesc, Kalas, Wetnurse, and Caesar are null.
    Lucky and InBlue are leaning scum to me.

InBlue for the same reason Lucky pointed out. Add on to this that he's not pressuring either of his reads with a vote. Lucky, I'll get to him tomorrow, sorry.

For now.
    Vote: InBlue
    Pressure more.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @InBlue:

Ok stop right there. That's meta and, besides you simply having zero experience playing with us to judge, its a bad habit to get into. I'd much rather have you throw down post numbers you find bad and a little reasoning with them, then reading old games to get reads in this one.

---------- Post automerged at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

@Wetnurse: Welcome back. Does blab targetting fonti affect that read at all?

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Idk why is there so much meta being thrown around this game, it's weird.

13. Koalas

High Score:
    Weird like mentioned or weird as drastically overused?

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Weird like everyone is going all out on the meta. People are usual more subtle about it, people are actively asking for threads to look at etc. I thought Meta was usually frowned upon, but everyone in this mafia game seems to love it.

15. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Kalas
    Blab targetting font is bad because she was perceived as town by a majority of us. It is also not unusual for scum who's pretending to be the cop to report on a player who just got killed.

16. blab

blab Second Year

I still feel like hell, but whatever.

First of, why exactly this question? Because I am still suspicious of scumbuddies Caesar and Luckylee.
    Second, with the reads of Proph and font and Aekiel having LuckyLee as scummy/leaning scum/scummy he looks worse. Also the whole Aekiel-wagon, especially the middle, gets more suspicious. I also feel like he is being more motivated then I remember. On the other hand he posts, and I don't see him as being purposefully useless.

I originally wanted to pick Proph. I could have picked a lurker instead, but there were just so many to choose from (LochNess, Rents, Fishy, Wetnurse). They can't be all scum and town-firming one of them would not do as much as townfirming font, imho. And getting scum-font would have been more beneficial than getting a scum-lurker, too. With the advice of Proph and Bill, I thought it would be better to target a more prolific player anyway. I looked at how we lynched Aekiel and since fontisian's vote and accusation there hadn't been a competing lynch-wagon. I almost picked Caesar instead.
    Mostly I didn't feel any of the other possible targets had a high enough chance to be scum to justify not targeting a stronger player instead.

I can, in fact didn't that happen last game with Caesar? This is an unusual defense.

Lochness isn't evasive, she disappeared since the 23rd.
    Coupled with your gut-feel on LuckyLee there are little actual reasons in this post.

Paraphasing:
    Caesar is scummy, but now your accusation doesn't hold much water.
    Kalas is towniest, but you are wary of him and he could be neutral.
    Bill Door: Sporadic posting but probably not scummy. Followed up with a possible scumteam.
    Lochness: Null
    blab: Also very town, but more suspicous when Bill Door/LuckyLee flips scum, also more suspicous because of checking font.
    LuckyLee: All over the place.

I notice a pattern, Wetnurse, guess what it is. Also look at your reasons why someone is towny/scummy.
    Also, where did Lochness attack me? I only saw an attack on LuckyLee.

@Sesc, if you are town, we need you in here!

17. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@blab
    Fmpov, it's me making reads while mentally taking note of some stuff that I noticed off-hand. They just spilled into my read wall.

I reread the thread and noticed that Lochness, in fact, didn't attack you. My bad on that one.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    @blab: let me rephrase I don't see Lochness disappearing mid'day, to the point the mod needs a replacement, as something a scum player would do. This is 100% based on my If You Sign Up Then Play school of thought.

I don't remember the Caesar game in question so I could be completely off target here but its what I think.

Also acceptable reasoning on fonti.

19. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Right. First part of that promised Tl;DR is coming up but first I'd just like to address a few things:

@Lucky: The reason I wanted to look at scum!Sesc games should be explained in my next post. Also, while relying on meta is bad, pattern analysis is a Thing.

@blab: I asked about Lucky because his posts seem to be of inconsistent quality to me and I wanted to see if I was just being overly paranoid. (Also, I vanished in the middle of the day in MM5 because I was striken with a virus that left me wishing I was dead.)

Alright. Grand Unifying Theory of Scum, Part One:

Livelist:
    Bill Door
    Blab
    Caesar
    Fishy Justice
    InBlue/Rents
    Kalas
    LochNess/?
    Luckyless
    Sesc
    Wetnurse

Deceased:
    Aekiel (Town)
    fontisian (Town)
    Prophylaxis (Town)

I should note that this analysis initially did not include Rents, as he had no game related posts at all and InBlue had not posted while it was conducted. It has been updated to take this into account. (IIRC, however, Rents usually makes a token effort when scum. Additionally, InBlue's reticence is at least partially explicable due to replacements, the mod kill and inactivity. I will second Kalas in saying you should start by pointing out posts that look bad to you and explaining why.)

Fact: I am town. Aekiel, fontisian and Prophylaxis were town.
    Opinion: Bill, blab and Kalas are likely town. InBlue appears newbie town.
    -Corollary: the scum team is found among Fishy, LochNess, Lucky, Sesc and Wetnurse.
    Fact: Aekiel's townflip requires a close examination of those behind his wagon. (Myself, Sesc and blab.)
    Opinion: The quality of Luckylee's posting appears inconsistent.
    -Hypothesis: Lucky is being coached. (Anyone else want to weigh in on this one?)
    Opinion: Sesc feels off.

Links:
    -Lucky has interactions with Fishy and possible distancing with LochNess.
    -Sesc has light pressure on LochNess and one irritable mention of Lucky.
    -Fishy has been non-committal and bandwagony.
    -Wetnurse has initial pressure on blab and then effectively null reads for all.
    -LochNess has the aforementioned potential distancing with Lucky.

Post-by-post analysis of Sesc to follow.

20. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So you think In Blue is scum because Lucky, who you also think is scum, says so?