1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: Redemption - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Something fresh, fine-tuned from Season 1 and finally reaching its full potential! We are revved up and ready to go! Are you interested in playing Survivor?

[​IMG]

Overview:
    SURVIVOR: Redemption will be the second season of Survivor: DLP, which is a variant of the more famous television show 'Survivor' (Synopsis on television show is played: "Survivor"). Although it is usually played on reality game show in which contestants are isolated in the wilderness and made to compete for cash, it can be, with some adaptations, played in real life, in an ORG (Online Reality Game), and even on a forum. It is played between 16 to 20 contestants, who are ordinary people marooned on an island or exotic location. The show uses a system of progressive elimination, allowing the contestants to vote off other players until only one final contestant remains and wins the title of “Sole Survivor”.

In this game, sixteen contestants, the castaways, are marooned at a special site called DLP Island and are then split into two Tribes or "Houses", named after those in Harry Potter: Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Reflecting the fact that the two Houses are assigned separate camps at which the castaways must survive the elements and scavenge for food, both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw will be each given a communal, House QT which castaways can use to privately talk to only those in the same House.

In the first half of the game, castaways face off in Challenges as Houses, most importantly for Immunity, which prevents the winning House from having to go to the next Tribal Council. The losing House which does go to Tribal Council discuss the preceding events, with the host asking questions, and then must vote out one of their own players, eliminating him/her from the game.

In the second half of the game, the two Houses are merged into a single House or Tribe. This event is called the "Merge". Post-Merge, Challenges are played at an individual level for individual rewards and immunity. At subsequent Tribal Councils, those eliminated start to form the jury or Wizengamot, who sit in on all subsequent Tribal Councils but otherwise do not usually participate. When only three castaways remain, those castaways attend a final Tribal Council, where the Wizengamot (consisting of the final seven contestants to have been eliminated) is given the opportunity to ask the finalists some questions. After this, the Wizengamot members then vote to decide which of the remaining castaways should be declared "Sole Survivor".

Day, Dusk, and Night Phases:
    DAY: The game will begin during day. During day phases, players compete in Challenges (both pre and post Merge), which range from menial Plate Smashing and more creative Ficlet Writing, to Create A Buff (testing drawing and photoshopping skills), Identify the Picture, and Trivia. These Challenges are designed to test teamwork abilities and often may involve more than one skillset, prompting Houses to form strategy. During this time, everybody is allowed and encouraged to use the thread to communicate and discuss, and communal conversations via House QTs are also permitted. At the end of the Day, a victor of the Challenge will be determined, and the losing parties will proceed to attend Tribal Council.

DUSK: At Dusk, Tribal Council occurs. Only those attending Tribal Council will be allowed to post in the thread, and the attendees will be temporarily banned from contacting other castaways via QT. Non-attendees are still allowed to use QTs to communicate with each other. The host might take this opportunity to ask the attendees regarding camp life and any internal strife observed. Castaways in precarious situations may take this chance to reveal information or bargain with others to keep themselves in the game.

It should be noted that post-Merge, everybody (unless specified otherwise) must attend Tribal Council. However, the winner of an individual Challenge will possess Individual Immunity and thus will have all votes against them nullified. At the end of Dusk, attendees from Tribal Council must submit a vote (via their private, individual QTs, given to them for this purpose) to determine the castaway to be eliminated. Neither abstentions nor voting for oneself are permitted. Votes may be submitted in advance, if the player will not be online at Dusk's end, but it should be noted that votes cannot be rescinded. The castaway with the plurality vote will then be eliminated.

Ties may occur, resulting in a revote. Attendees must re-vote (except the two or more contestants in question that are tied for elimination) with the option to vote for the other person. If the revote is deadlocked, votes from previous Tribal Councils will be counted. Whoever had more votes would be eliminated. If the vote is still deadlocked, the feared Purple Rock Tiebreaker will be employed, in which all players (except those with Immunity) will draw a rock from a hessian bag. The one who draws the purple rock (a random event) will then be eliminated.

NIGHT: During the night phase, discussion in the thread is prohibited. Players may still use their communal House QTs to talk, however. Moreover, only during the Night are players allowed to talk secretly to other members of their Tribe on a 1-on-1 basis (via QT). This opportunity allows for collusion and scheming.

WIZENGAMOT:

Playing styles recommended for participants are based off archetypes from the show (source: archetypes). Players are advised to think strategically and utilise these archetypes, so that this game doesn't solely become a popularity contest.

SURVIVOR: Redemption, unlike mafia, only has one winner: “The Sole Survivor”. For this reason, scheming and strategy are considered paramount. Indeed, your objective is to outlast long enough to make the endgame and having a Wizengamot which likes you and/or does not like the other finalists. You must to not only find a means to make the endgame, but also consider which seven players would be likely to award you as the Wizengamot and who would be a finalist whom the Wizengamot wouldn't reward. Roles will help you reach your goals, but please remember that the makeup of the Wizengamot DOES matter.

IMMUNITY:

Other than winning at Challenges, players may also attain Immunity through obtaining Hidden Immunity Idols. When a House wins a Challenge, all its Housemates will be given a clue to a Hidden Immunity Idol, if one is currently available. Clues will frequently take the form of riddles or puzzles; solving these will give its solver an Idol. There are two Idols to be obtained in SURVIVOR: DLP, and it's a "first-come-first-serve" basis.

Hidden Immunity Idols have the power to negate votes that the user would receive at Tribal Council. Idols can only be played at the end of Dusk, after the votes have been cast, but before the host reveals the results of the vote. An Hour Window will exist between these two events in order to give people a chance to use Hidden Immunity Idols. If a player chooses to use an Idol, by posting either in the thread or in their personal QT "Using HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL", all votes against the user will be negated and the castaway with the next most votes will be instead eliminated.

Players may attempt to fake or pretend having an Idol, but the Host will only confirm the veracity of such claims during the Hour Window. Furthermore, Idols cannot be used when less than six players remain.

Holders may also give their Idol to another player by posting "Giving HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL to [PLAYER NAME]" in their private QT. Idols can be given at any time, but be aware that Idols can only be used during the Hour Window.

REDEMPTION:

One new twist added to Season Two of Survivor: DLP is the idea of "Redemption". All contestants eliminated before the Merge will be given an opportunity to re-enter the game and attain redemption. When eliminated, contestants will be sent to a special QT called "Redemption Island", where they will be able to talk and collude.

When the Merge about to happen, these contestants will then compete in a special Challenge on Redemption Island, be it a Puzzle or a Balance Beam Test. The contestant who wins this Special Challenge and gain Redemption, re-entering the game and becoming a member of the Merged House.

Moreover, 14 of the 16 contestants will consist of new players who have not competed in Survivor: DLP. However, as part of the Redemption Theme, two returning players who were eliminated before the Merge have been invited back to lead Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw respectively. Hence, they will go further in this game than they did in their original run and will "redeem" themselves.

-------------

I'm looking for 14 patient people to give Survivor: Redemption a trial run. As the trial, it will obviously have some flaws, but at the end, I'll be able to know how to improve it so that afterwards, we can have a more fun, proper game for the awesome Third, All-Stars Season that will be Survivor: Heroes vs Villains. If you guys have patience, free time, and are interested, please sign-up.

Days will probably last 12 or 24 hours (depending on the Challenge), Dusks will last 12 hours, and Nights will last 24 hours. Also, if we do choose to play this game, I may have to start it in December, since I have some work which may come up. Anybody interested?

--

Furthermore, I am primarily looking for 14 new players who did not participate in Survivor: DLP, with the exception of the two Returning Players that I've already contacted. Of course, if we don't have enough interest, I'd be more than happy to let in players from Survivor: DLP, but the idea is that Returning Players will be invited back for the All-Stars season and this season is mainly for Newbies.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Er, in February? We have November o_O

I'd rather say that signing up that far in the future doesn't really make sense, and if you actually do want to run it right now, you're colliding with Eido. I know I won't be signing up for two games at the same time, and considering the last Mafias, I should hope everyone else is equally sensible.

3. Zeitgeist

Whoops, I meant December. Typo from when I took some of the description from Season 1. >_>

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm a terrible mafia player, but this seems like something I could be slightly better in, although your challenges regarding specific programs worry me.

However, what would you say is the minimum amount of hours per day that should be devoted to this?

5. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I'm overall pretty bad at mafia, this seems like something I'd be pretty good at though. I'm in.

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'll give this a go please.

7. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Because I'm a fucking Honey Badger through and through. Y'all ain't ready for this shit.

8. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Mmmmmmm Put me as a tentative /in.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I guess I can play.

I'll update you with this when December rolls around.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    This looks like fun. Irene must die Day 1~

Edit: I'm in

11. Zeitgeist

Don't worry about the Challenges too much: they're meant to be fun, and as long as you're in a good Alliance, you don't even need to bother with them. The hours are not very long and are analogous to the hours of a mafia game.

Cheers, in December, I'll PM everybody who has signed up. Since the game will happen early/mid December, you should okay, though!

Current Player List:
    1. Riley Poole (Returnee/Hufflepuff)
    2. Republic21
    3. TMNTurtwig
    4. Bill Door
    5. Lexicat
    6. Prophylaxis
    7. Luckylee

12. 1and1is3

1and1is3 First Year

I am here.

13. Zeitgeist

Current Player List:
    2. Republic21
    3. TMNTurtwig
    4. Bill Door
    5. Lexicat
    6. Prophylaxis
    7. Luckylee
    8. 1and1is3

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Obs please.

15. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Fuck yeah, here comes the Scumapotamus, bitches.

White Knights please register at the gate.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Huh.. Obs?

17. Zeitgeist

:3

I can confirm that Anya is indeed the Returning Player for Ravenclaw. The rest of you there, please sign up!!

Current Player List:
    2. Anya (Returnee/Ravenclaw)
    3. Republic21
    4. TMNTurtwig
    5. Bill Door
    6. Lexicat
    7. Prophylaxis
    8. Luckylee
    9. 1and1is3

Obs.
    1. fontisian
    2. Jon

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'll take obs.

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll also take obs.

20. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Should be fun to see this from the other side. I'll take obs as well, please.