1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

2. fire

fire Order Member

Just finished the game, on a single pokemon run (Charizard). Before I got my awesome world-eating rape-inducing fire dragon, I used Fennekin.

I actually got to Lvl 100 after Victory Road, and the rest wasn't too hard.

The system of reusable TMs is pretty broken. My Charizard ran a skill set of:

Blast Burn
    Flamethrower
    Substitute
    [TM Move],

where [TM Move] was any move needed to counter the opposing team. So, Rock Slide for Malva (Elite Four of Fire], Solar Beam + Drought for Siebold (Elite Four of Water), and Dragon Claw for Drasgna (Elite Four of Dragon - the middle aged one who looks nowhere as cool as Agatha).

The Champion (lol, that was a surprise - and why the hell didn't she help stop Team Flare, if she hung around Lysandre so much?) wasn't swept so easily, since one single move couldn't counter her whole team and I didn't bother switching up my other moved.

Hawlucha ate a OHKO flamethrower. I used my mega evolution (Charizard Y) and mowed down the Tyrantum with Solar Beam and the Auroras with Flamethrower, but the Sligoo walled me for a bit with it's Dragon tying and Diantha spamming full restores.

Gourgeist fell to yet another OHKO Flamethrower, but then Drought ended (it lasts only 5 turns after this generation's nerf to weather abilities).

Hilariously, Diantha's Gardevoir traced Drought, before mega evolving to no avail. Charizard raped it with a Sun-backed, STAB Blast Burn (450BP), and I get promoted to President of France.

All in all, Pokémon X & Y was really cool, and obviously pretty user friendly. Not complaining about that - the challenging part is supposed to come in competitive battling, and the journey itself is meant to be fun and relatively easy.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  4. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Does anyone know why a "There is a Pokemon in your party that cannot be traded." error would crop up? MonkeyEpoxy and I just spent like 20 minutes trying to trade his Ditto over without much success.

5. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

It knows an HM you cant trade pokes with HM's from your party has to do with the ability to trade from anywhere, can't trap yourself. Otherwise no idea.

6. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Hmm. It's weird cuz me and Big Z are trying to trade for, my timid Ditto for his Protean Froakie, and I have that dittto, that just knows transform, a placeholder bidoof that just knows tackle, and the charmander i'm training that does'nt know any HM moves in my party.

7. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

So just beat the Champion for the third time. I'm really digging this game more than some of the others in the past *cough*Gen 5*cough*. Also this team was amazing once Noibat evolved.

Raichu - Level 70
    Medicham - Level 70 @ Medichamite
    Noivern - Level 72
    Aurorus - Level 70
    Blastoise - Level 69
    Volcarona - Level 70

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Thanks to the new bind item, the most obnoxious sets are now possible

Milotic Marvel Scale
    252 hp 128 def 128 spD

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Haze
    Whirlpool

Whirlpool does its base water damage plus 16-17% of an opponent's health per turn. It's pretty hilarious.

Tangela

Synthesis
    Bind
    Leech Seed
    Knock Off

Dragonair @ Eviolite
    Shedskin

Rest
    Bind
    Thunder wave / Haze
    Extreme Speed

Tons of sets, it's ridiculous. Of course, each set has its own weakness, but you can trap certain pokemon and tank their damage with recovery while whittling them down to nothing.

9. >Magnus<

>Magnus< Muggle

Anyone happen to have a leftover Slowking? Really want one..

10. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Does anyone have any thoughts as to this Battle Maison team I'm building? Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Protean Greninja- Expert Belt

U-turn, Scald/Hydro Pump, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam

Magic Guard Alakazam- Life Orb

Psyshock, Shadow Ball/Energy Ball, Focus Blast, and Encore/Recover

Mega Blaziken- Mega Stone

Protect, Flare Blitz, Hi Jump Kick, Swords Dance/Earthquake

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Can't hear you over my 6 IV Magicarp.

12. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I'd go for Scald or Surf over Hydro Pump. If you're doing battle maison, last thing you want is to lose all your progress because of a miss. U-Turn doesn't seem sensible either, I'd suggest a move that lets you become immune to something annoying. Greninja can have spikes, shadow sneak (I think), and acrobatics? Any one of those three would let you become immune to someone's attack if you predict right.

Your team also looks extremely squishy to any physical damage. Zam can't take any kind of hit, epsecially priority. Blazekin is also very squishy. Greninja's defenses aren't very good either. All you need to do is run into a sturdy offensive type (MAggron or something) and you could be worn down and lose? I'd advise some kind of safe wall to switch in instead of Alakazam. Gastrodon is all-around good, but so is Vaporeon, Ferrothorn, Forretres, Heatran, Dusclops/Dusknoir, hell, even Shuckle is good defensive fodder. Sableye/Spiritomb are maybe the most favorable due to zero weaknesses and will-o-wisp support.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  13. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Fair point though the 'Zam would have a decent shot at cracking through most sturdy offensive types though. For example, against Mega Aggron...

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Filter (custom): 166-195 (80.19 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Filter (custom): 125-148 (71.42 - 84.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

U-Turn is mostly there for scouting purposes as my lead. Might scrap it though and lead with a baton passer for setup. I'll look through some of the defensive wall options as well. Thoughts on leading with a shell smashing passer in Smeargle? The main ugly point there is vulnerability to priority moves. Maybe Belly Drum+Sub?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I'm not too keen on Smeargle myself, but it would be a 'gauranteed' spore which could be good enough?

My preference is something like Murkrow with Prankster as a lead, priority TWave, Swagger, Roost and then Foul Play. But, uh, scolipede is also a great lead now, thanks to speed boost - basically a better ninjask.

I think it's up to you, I'm just suggesting you have a wall you can use to switch to. Allakazam can maybe 2HKO an Aggron but it doesn't necessarily matter because he is pretty much OHKO'd by almost anything. Something with assault vest that can take hits might be all you need?

15. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Ah, right, baton passing Scolipede would work as well. Focus Sash+Protect to grab +2 Speed and +2 attack? Could also possibly set up spikes as well.

16. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Well, maybe Scolipede doesn't fit your team all that well since you already have Blazekin, but I was thinking, assault vest Scolipede might be a good pick, I mean, look at his defenses.

252 hp 252 atk 4 spD

Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Aquatail / Rock Slide
    Superpower / Poison Jab

Pretty decent coverage, you'll outspeed just about anything, and your damage is good.

17. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

His base stats are pretty awful though. Maybe a stealth rock bulky type? Tyranitar offers some versatility and ok bulk as well as decent attack in a pinch. Forretress and Ferrothorn can both be useful as well.

18. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Tyranitar is probably a good pick, yeah. I'd vote for that.

19. fire

fire Order Member

If you're running Blaziken, you might as well also run Sun.

A Mega Charizard with Fire Blast/Solarbeam/Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast will rip through most walls, especially the physical ones. CharY compliments Blaziken very well. CharY provides Sun support, while you can run baton pass on Blaziken to boost CharY's rather insufficient base 100 speed. CharY breaks physical walls, while Blaziken eats the special walls like Blissey.

Further, Charizard offers the all useful Ground immunity - Alakazam is too fragile.

Like the others mentioned, you'll also need a dedicated wall with SR/Spikes support. Ferrothorn?

20. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Hm, didn't weather get a huge nerf though since it only lasts 5 turns now? It's probably less relevant in the Maison since it's 3v3 but yeah, that's the main reason why I didn't really even think about CharY.

Ferrothorn was what I was thinking paired with assault vest or rocky helmet but Tyranitar is also somewhat tempting as well, even though it's less of a pure dedicated support wall.

What would you recommend as the 4th move for Ferrothorn? Leech Seed?