1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jan 8, 2013.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm probably ignoring the meat of your question, but if you're in the battle maison, and you suddenly become disadvantaged because your weather has run out, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

2. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

With crithax and the tendency for the opponents to use pseudo-legendaries, something going wrong can happen quite quickly :p

Anyway, I have a TON of breeding to do now so I have time to change stuff up.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The most important thing when it comes to the Battle Maison is to keep switching up your team. You can get 20+ easily with one overpowered team, but after that, you'll start seeing more and more teams specifically created to counter yours.

4. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Just in case people don't know, the move relearner now lets you relearn egg moves.

5. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

"Knock Off's power has been changed from 20 to 65. In addition, it will deal 50% more damage if used on a Pokémon holding an item other than a Mega Stone."

Did not know this, might actually use this move now.

6. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Knock-Off is INCREDIBLY powerful on pokemonshowdown. I have an Armaldo with 0 Atk EV that reguarly 2HKOs Aegislash with it. It also brutalizes Espeon and stuff. Plus, it knocks off an item- which is just great. A shame X-scissor isn't nearly as good.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So. I told you guys I was breeding perfect magikarps yeah? So I finally have a box full. and I'm trading them away over wondertrade. I'm just imagining the WTF expression on peoples faces when they get magikarps, hahahaha.

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

9. Estarc

Estarc Third Year

Lol Jon, you just know some of those are going to get released without being checked. Still, awesome job there. Just wish Mega Gyarados had a better dark STAB.

10. Jon

Yeah I know man. Their own fault though. They're mainly 3-4 IV Magikarps sooo not much of a loss. They're nice for people who don't breed though. All Adamant as well. xD

I always check. For example I got a Meowstic with pokerus earlier, which was cool!

11. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Anyone happen to be online and have a few minutes to try something out? There's a useful tool I'd like to check and it might be something that DLP as a whole can use.

12. Jon

You mean Instacheck?

13. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Yup. Wanted to see how it works but I poked Monkey about it.

14. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Oh god, boyfriend bought me this and a 3ds for our 2 year. Ergh, trying so hard not to be obsessed...

People are so cool--this one chick just randomly decided to start trading with me, gave me a fenniken, a dratini (who appears to have near perfect ivs?) and a gengar with gengarite :O

15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Anyone else addicted to wonder trade? I've been drunk and bored and chaining wonder trades for about an hour and a half while standing next to the IV checker. I box good IV 'mons and foreign 'mons of stuff I might masuda some day.

16. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Yeah, I've been wonder trading some of my left over breeding stock. Nothing really that great yet except for a 3 perfect iv Azurril.

17. Jon

I wondertrade my breeding leftovers. 3iv pokemon may not be much to me but it'd be a good boost to other people starting up with a pokemon.

18. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Just got a matching shiny value. Hatched a shiny Honedge. Success, looks like it works perfectly :D

19. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

So I'm picking this up today. Haven't played a Pokemon game in years and know jack all about these, so for those of you who do, which version should I get? The deer looks cool as shit, but I'ma little leery of picking one over the other based on one Pokemon. Don't want to miss some cool exclusives. Alternatively, I may just buy the least common one for trading purposes.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Exclusive Pokemon-
    X: Staryu, Pinsir, Houndour, Poochyena, Aron, Lileep, Anorith, Sawk, Fairy Creampuff, Cannon Crab, Fairy Deer. Mega Charizard X (Dragon sub-typing).
    Y: Shellder, Omanyte, Kabuto, Heracross, Lavitar, Electrike, Purrloin, Throh, Fairy Dancer Thing, Seahorse Dragon, Dark Bird. Mega Charizard Y (Drought ability).

There's also minor differences in Team Flare like their motivations. Apparently X's were like Nazis? Y's were silly.