1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I tend to block out DLP Hunt 3, a lot. And yes bads means scummy, I thought that was pretty obvious considering the lynch vote.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ok. Why is it scummy?

3. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Ah, just noticed the time, been reading DF and lost track.

Anyway, I've only read the start of lexy Super Highschool Mafia game and that was when I had nothing better to do. Seemed slightly interesting, since my only prior experience with this game is a very simplistic version back in homeroom during my Freshmen year of HS. As for why I joined? Gives me something besides read to do during the day and it seemed interesting. Plus, someone on IRC asked for people to join. Figured, why not?

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I always find lurking to be scummy, esp when you've looked in the thread and see discussion going. He posted purely to post, and that is "teh bads" to me.

5. fontisian

Fun stuff. What do you think of the game so far?

Actually, he posted to answer my question and state his intention to lurk. Explain why you think that behavior is scummy, not the behavior of this strawman you've constructed.

Unvote
    Vote Luckylee

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Kind of out of depth. As I said, I'm pretty much new to this and I'm unsure of what to look for.

7. fontisian

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I'm content to lurk and add nothing sums up this post. His next one he adds a little bit more. Thats the worst thing in the thread atm, I voted to see if he'd react, he didn't.

9. fontisian

The thing about lurking is that scum do it to avoid attention. Stating an intention to lurk, on the other hand, attracts attention. So, where's the scum motivation?

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It still doesn't look good, I threw a vote to see if he'd react and he didn't.

11. fontisian

t
    Funny that you said it "doesn't look good" instead of "it isn't good." The repeated justification for your vote is also interesting.

Why doesn't it look good?

12. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I'd like to say that thinking I over, I think I'll wait a while to throw out a vote- Lynch or Lump- until later on in the day. It seems to me there just isn't much of pool to make an impression out of, so I'd like to wait until more people have posted, before trying to figure people out.

As of now though, I kind of agree with Luckylee that Proph seems a bit more off, even if in only that he's going to lurk. As far as I know, more activity points to being town, though it isn't of course, always the case.

13. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Lump: KaiDash

Having played with KaiDASH before, I know enough about him to read him decently. I'd rather give Lump to somebody that I can read to some degree of certainty than to somebody who's a complete stranger to me. I'm getting absolute non-existent reads off all of you, especially Lurkers, so I'd prefer not to give Lump to a virtual anomaly.

Kai will get my Lump vote, because if he does turn out to be scum, I'll be able to figure it out. And to me, Lump should go to somebody who's easier to account for than to somebody who's unpredictable and ultimately a potential liability.

14. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

My first thought is: Unless you're BOTH scum, in which case, you're just helping make sure Witches get Lump vote.

Of course, I don't know either of you well enough to know for sure, so I'll throw out a general question to everyone else on their thoughts about this.

15. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Lump : Wetnurse

Because I don't trust anyone right now.

/Obligatory First Post

16. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I'd like to expand that, in my opinion, KaiDASH hasn't really done much at all. May be paranoia, but that's what this game is all about.

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I don't really see how I can explain it more throughly Fonti, it looks bad to me. I'm repeating myself because you keep asking the same question in a roundabout way. I've given my answer :/

18. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

@Rubicon: If you had to give Lumpy to somebody other than yourself, who would you choose? And why?

@Wetnurse: What are your thoughts on fontisian and on me?

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lump Vote: Aekiel

Ha. Yeah, I know how likely that is.

Anyway, I'm all for the Judge plan. We've got enough info roles to mitigate the delayed Vigilante kill (assuming we don't hit scum between now and N3), so we should be good there, and preventing the witches from having a dead member's abilities on the night after they die is always going to be a good thing.

Also, I should warn you all, I don't have much free time for this game. I'm already playing a game on another forum that is so hilariously beyond active compared to here that it's sucking all of my free time away from me. So yeah, this game is pretty much on the back burner for me. I'll do my best to keep up and scumhunt, but I'm not going to be super active.

Moving on from that:

Zeitgeist: Since you're so fond of KaiDASH, give me a description of his typical playstyle as scum.

Prophylaxis: Which players would be the most dangerous as scum, in your opinion?

20. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Zeitgeist:

I'm suspicious of your Lump vote for KaiDash. It's still too early in the game for anybody to make solid opinions on anybody. Your reason for voting him is purely meta-gaming. You argue that Lump should go to someone who's easier to account for, but in this point of the game, you really can't account for someone other than yourself.

Fontisian is her usual self of being active. She can be easily classified as townish.