1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Judge plan? Did I miss something? All I can find is a couple comments about Lynching or not, and about Vigilante.

Luckylee: Since you've been conversing with him the most, can you give me a read on Fonti?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

fuck that

planning to judge lynch d1 is horrible awful shit that should never ever happen. Last time it happened pretty much nobody placed any votes day one and it was a wasted day (and then scum won).

i will murderize anyone who thinks this is a good idea.

3. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

@Aekiel: As the scum, KaiDASH is cocky, tries to control the town from Day 1, and generally gives the impression of having a greater vested interested in the town's wellbeing. When he's a townsperson, he's more nonchalant, sarcastic, and less interested in proving his "towniness". Particularly in HuntofThrones, he evinced that a scummy KaiDASH is one that wants to wrest control in order to "benefit" the town, when in fact he's controlling the lynch in order to buy his faction time.

@Wetnurse: You can call me suspicious if you want, but at this point, everybody is going to either vote to give themselves Lump or support their scummates. Since I know that I'm a townie, that means anybody else who isn't me and votes to give somebody Lumpy is potentially scummy. :)

tl;dr, I'd rather Lump go to somebody that I can read rather than somebody that I don't know at all.

4. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

If you know that voting to give someone else Lump D1 seems scummy, why do it?

Lynch Vote
    Zeitgeist

5. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Zeitgeist

You contradict yourself. You say everybody will vote either themselves or their scum buddies. I don't see you voting yourself. Also, you know you are towny, but you don't say you're town.

Lynch Vote : Zeitgeist

---------- Post automerged at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

/ninja'ed by Proudboar

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd completely forgotten about that. WH6 has spoiled me, apparently.

7. blab

blab Second Year

I'm alive.

Can somebody tell me why voting for a lump vote at all is beneficial, why the benefit of a town lump outweighs the risk of a scum lump? We do have a judge after all.
    On a related note, are lynch votes plurality or majority?

8. KaiDASH

Lump: more potential vote analysis and lump is awarded no matter what - if town is inconclusive then witches pick who get it (won't that be fun to work out)

WHAT DOES 'WE DO HAVE A JUDGE AFTER ALL' MEAN?

Does it mean you think we should let Judge decide the lynch today?

Please clarify

Also to help your thought process

lynch blab

(lynch votes are majority - there is no soft lynch)

9. blab

blab Second Year

I missed that, the whole tie-breaker thing, actually.

I meant to point out that the power of a town lump is decreased given that there is a kill anyway.

10. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Hmmm, dang, I'm having second thoughts about this KaiDASH and Zeitgeist being scum, thing.

Damn, I don't want to mention why as it could be used against town, but on the other hand, if I'm wrong abut them NOT being scum, I may being screwing us over. I'll have to think this over more. For now, however:

Unvote

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Hey guys, I have a great idea. You should all give me Lump!

Lump Vote: Bill Door

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Also Aekiel is scum, Lynch vote Aekiel

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

P.S. If someone roleclaims for no reason I swear to god I will slap a bitch.

12. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Can you explain why you think Aekiel is scum, please?

13. KaiDASH

I am one of 10 roles.

14. Bill Door

Not even funny. -_-

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

He thought the judge plan was a good idea, he's already making excuses for lurking when he hasn't even started yet and the question he asked Proph was bad.

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

@Bill_Door: In all seriousness, I would like an explanation on your vote. It would help me get a bit of handle on him, which is good, because I have no prior experience with any of you.

Unless it was just a random vote.

---------- Post automerged at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Lol, ninja'd

---------- Post automerged at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Anyway, thank you, Bill

16. KaiDASH

Not really.

Lump on a townie is good for messing with nk prioritization: Do witches do the best possible kill for that night or do they kill the guy with lump.

It's not all about the mechanical impact (which is true for pretty much everything).

Proudboar: Good instinct - not everything you notice needs to be said in thread, although generally you should take it to the next level and not say that you noticed anything at all, in case the witches missed it. Make a note in your QT or something.

17. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

True, but undoing the lynch vote and not saying anything as to why, would have made me look suspicious. I'd rather not get lynched, D1.

---------- Post automerged at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

And fuck it, I'll take a gamble.

Lump Vote: KaiDASH

18. Bill Door

What no. Don't give it to Kai. He's Australian, they're all convicts. They have to be scum.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You said it looks bad because lurking is bad. You havn't addressed the fact that he didn't just lurk, but posted an intention to lurk. There's a huge difference between the two in my view, and you seem to be ignoring that distinction.

When I say that you're repeating yourself, I'm talking about this:
    You've repeatedly justified your vote by saying that you did it to gauge Proph's reaction, but I haven't asked you to justify it. I've asked you to explain why you think Proph's behavior is scummy.

And if you get shot night 1?

Why ask Wetnurse for his thoughts on you?

Aekiel: The judge plan is a terrible idea, as puts the lynch on one person, stifles discussion and neuters the vigilante purely to avoid lynching the judge.

Wetnurse, how did you completely misread Zeit's post?

Blab doesn't understand the lump vote mechanics. Good to know.

Blab:Why did you check in a couple times yesterday without posting?

I have a good feeling about Proudboar.

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What if we narrow the lynch decision down to two people then leave it for the Judge to decide between them? Or just dictate who the Judge should kill outright?

That way we narrow down the potential of hitting town to 3/4 rather than 10/13 and we, if we do our job right, stop the witches from being able to use one of their abilities from night one onwards.

As it is we have the Oracle and Gravedigger that can verify (later in the game) whether we've hit true or not, so the effect of delaying the Vigilante is lessened somewhat.

It's not all that bad of a plan, if you think about it.

---------- Post automerged at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Well, it's a decent plan if we look at it objectively. Looking at it and putting it in the context of how our games usually go, maybe not so much.