1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Alright, let's do this.

Point taken, and thanks.

Come back when you have something useful to ask me.

I agree with this. In addition, it also prevents us from using VCA, which, while weakened in a no flip game (cripples some of my analysis tools) should still be relevant.

Why are we doing pointless mechanical discussion about Judge votes vs. Lynch votes? This should not encompass like, 20% of this thread space.

Rescind Vote
    Vote Player Aekiel

His posts are all mechanical fluff. Also, Zeitgeist is Aekiel's buddy.

What's the point of you asking the first two questions?

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Unlump: Rubicon
    Lump: Bill Door

:p

(^ This is serious though.)

Kai, what's with all the boring questions? Only one of six could even vaguely qualify as scum hunting.

When I ask for your perspective on Zeitgeist you don't say anything about whether you think he's scum or not. When asked for a read on Bill you "have no particular read on Bill".

It's... not clear that you've posted any reads, or that you're doing much of anything beyond setup talk and demanding that other people ask each other questions while you watch.

I've been reading the last couple pages and trying to get in your head and it's all fuzzled up and going nowhere, and when that happens I tend to think people are hiding some shady shit. By which I mean they're scum.

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I think Proudboar is newb!town so far. He's driven, focused, and earnest; very knowledge hungry.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Would I be correct in characterizing you as a player that sees no use in any sort of mechanics or setup discussion?

5. Rubicon

aaand ninja'd

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Being someone who has a background in closed setups, yes.

I don't like setup discussion and would prefer to focus on behavior.

---------- Post automerged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

You're calling KaiDASH scum and.. not voting him?

7. Rubicon

wait wat

explain

---------- Post automerged at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Vote: KaiDASH

everyone should vote Kai

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'd prefer to keep my reasoning to myself at the moment.

Why?

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oops, I derped.

Did you forget to vote KaiDASH at the end of that post?

9. KaiDASH

Obviously my question to bill door was a troll question (i'm modding a game on another forum that he is in where the priest roleclaimed on day 2 with no prompting or pressure).

I get value out of the other questions, including the option select: The 'easy' questions were there to be easy outs.

The pass it on (which luckylee basically ignored and Proph/blab did ignore) were to see both what a person would ask (what are their priorities?) and who they ask.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You missed me and ... yourself.

Lump Votes
    KaiDASH (2): KaiDASH, Zeitgeist
    Bill Door (2): Bill Door, Rubicon
    fontisian (1): fontisian
    Wetnurse (1): Wetnurse
    Aekiel (1): Aekiel

Not Voting: Uncle Stojil, Luckylee, blab, Proudboar, Rents, Prophylaxis

Lynch Votes
    Zeitgeist (2): Wetnurse, blab
    Aekiel (2): KaiDASH, Prophylaxis
    KaiDASH (2): Rubicon, fontisian
    Luckylee (1): Proudboar
    Prophylaxis (1): Luckylee

Not Voting: Bill Door, Uncle Stojil, Aekiel, Rents, Zeitgeist

Rents hasn't checked in yet.

I'm starting to think that Luckylee is town.

Unvote
    Vote KaiDASH

Let's see what happens.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I passed it on (namely, throw the ball to you) by asking you why you're asking the questions.

What did you get out of the answers and the subsequent ignorance by Luckylee and blab?

12. Rubicon

[​IMG]

god, finding these GIFs is time consuming

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@font: What do you think of Aekiel?

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Answer the question.

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Sorry guys, I need to bow out of this. I asked jwlk to find a replacement but I'll play to the best of my current possibilities until then.

After a quick read:

-fontisian is asking so many useless and so many more questions than the last game we played that the shift is a little jarring. Some of them read as setups and, more often than not, not the good kind. (refresh #2: voila, Luckylee's a town-read, now).

- Aekiel has a pretty short memory, since he's basically proposing the same plan we tried to implement in the past with terrible results. He was also scum in that particular game.

- Zeitgeist's reasoning for his Lump vote is horrible. His explanation of Kai's gameplay is bound to backfire spectacularly if true and to result useless if fake (unless Zeit is scum, in which case it could be useful to them). It's also going to affect others and their reads, especially inexperienced guys (both in general and for playing with him), which is something scum!Kai would take advantage of easily... town!Kai too (and he's probably doing it already, whatever he is). Lynch: Zeitgeist. No good has come from it.

- Proudboar reads like texbook noob-town. Could be fake but I seriously doubt it (unless he's also faking his inexperience - sorta-dick-move and unlikely). Lump Vote: Proudboar. Added benefit of him being an unlikely night kill target (just... don't get souped).

- (I just refreshed) Prophylaxis' refusal to be of any (well, most) sort of use is irritating. Leaning town but I don't care: would lynch.

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Ah, I was sure I'd sure gotten you Fonti. I also didn't include myself, cuz I was unvoting for Luckylee. As it is now, I'm seeing everyone's points about KaiDASH and Zeitgeist. At the Same time, for other reasons, I have my doubts about them being scum. So, w/ what I have in my head and as a kind of "Safe," compromise, I'm gonna do this:

Unlump KaiDASH
    Lump Vote Fontisian

Vote Zeitgeist.

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

In revelation of Stojil's post:

Unlump Fontisian
    Lump Vote Proudboar

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Can you enlighten me and tell me which questions of hers are "useless"? I ISO'd font and her questions seem to have purpose. Besides "Who are you going to Lump vote Proph?" I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

Mental note of this.

Deal with it.

Why am I leaning town?

Lump Proudboar

17. KaiDASH

I have a slight townread on Luckylee - I don't think scum would be so difficult at this point.

blab's answer was pretty good: I would almost have a townread on him if he had asked someone else a new question.

Some level of scumread on aekiel, I think he was trying to cash in on a largely new playerbase by promoting the judge lynch d1 thing, because he knows how badly it went for town last time - he was on the winning scum team.

When asked about Zeit, I deliberately refrained from mentioning the elephant in the room, his massive buddying of me. There are a few things that could be happening here and I don't want to talk about any of them right now.

18. Rubicon

Yeah, those explanations occurred to me. But ... well, for one thing, these are weak attacks, as evidenced by the fact that it hasn't gone anywhere, the easy outs are boring and the "not easy" question is pretty boring too (look at Luckylee's answer to see why).

Any question they ask somebody under your pressure is just going to be on the same level as yours, boring. If they decline because they don't feel like they have to switch tacks just because you demand it, what does that mean?

But more importantly, you're not taking it anywhere. What have you learned from the responses you got? Where are you going with it? It's lacking any coherence or direction.

Are luckylee, blab, proph scum for answering your questions unsatisfactorily? Why?

It's all easy fake scum hunting, utterly meaningless and disjointed, but designed to make it seem like you're talking to people and moving things along.

---------- Post automerged at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

For what it's worth, (trying to speak cryptically for obvious reasons), I saw the same thing you did, and am underwhelmed. mostly because (1) I don't see that particular player doing that, (2) if he were successful in what he said he wanted, it would probably be bad for town long-term.

19. KaiDASH

Obviously they are 'weak attacks' - they were never intended to do anything more than test the waters.

I think we're on a different paradigm here, you're only interested in things that have an obvious, direct payoff. I'm looking for the knock-on effects that come from something I did a zillion posts ago.

Which I've found, btw.

Thanks.

---------- Post automerged at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Yeah I agree that I'm not the priest and zeit definitely isn't my acolyte.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Unvote

I feel a little bit better about Proph now that he explained a bit.
    Some other stuff,

I'd like to think Aek learned his lesson from last game about talking mechanics hella early :/ but it's looking like he didn't. Last game he did this he was also town though so urgh. I don't really want to rely on meta though so I'll vote/or not vote for him after he replies to everyone. Aek, why would you do the exact same thing that got you lynched last game?

Hey Kai since I have your permission, why don't you want to talk about Zeit buddying with you?