1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Been frazzled with work today.

I'll get something up tomorrow.

2. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Well, it's still the first day and they're simply my initial thoughts. Not everything lines up there, but it's where I ma now. it'll probably change as we go through the game. Also, remember, I AM new to this. I may be seeing things that aren't there because of excess paranoia.

Still, you saying that a Zeit, Fonti, You coven is ridiculous, is kind of moot, considering you're one of the people I suspect.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Fine I'll wait. I'm not really sure when the day ends so in case I'm not around tomorrow, Lump Vote Proudboar.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Which was what you found suspicious in the first place, no? Big meh for the "balls" bit.

Of course it's not the only way, but it's by far the best way because it also gives us a better read on you, it gives us connections to and from you, and it provides a by far better form of pressure (especially with a vote) than a simple question which may or may not result in an answer that other people (and not you apparently) will use to pressure/accuse/etc.

So, get on the job, will you?

Why did you vote fontisian exactly? Why do you have Bill Door as a scumread? What else are you willing to tell us?

fontisian: why did you vote KaiDASH exactly?

blab: make a scumteam.

Bill Door: 3 townreads.

Prophylaxis: all the links you can/can't see to/from Luckylee.

Aekiel: all you can tell us about Wetnurse.

Not sure I get what you said there... is your strongest scum read not among the players you talked about later on in that post?

This is surprisingly coherent and well-said compared to your earlier post(s). Makes me wonder if it's the Valium, waking up more throughly or some other, unhealthier influence like scum-mates.

I'm officially leaving Ollie to others. I literally don't have time for that.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Yeah, I was still semi-bleary when I woke up. I meant to delete that part of it and redo it, but forgot to.

I also tend to ramble naturally, but the valium made it worse.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Don't have them. I've got one and a half a best. Proudboar is my only real one, maybe you as well, though I'm always wary of scumjil.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fron Aekiel? Not particularly, no.

... Oh. I thought you had singled out Proph, blab and Luckylee because they were all under some pressure prior to that point.

This ... hmmm. With the above in mind, my reasoning isn't as valid. I'll do a re-read and get back to you.

No, I still think that was suspicious. Alone, it isn't enough to make me want to lynch you, sure, but it's one piece of evidence among many.

I also think it's crazy. I'm sure that helps.

Not quite. I thought it was suspicious that Luckylee voted Proph for lurking instead of declaring an intention to lurk, which are two very different things in my view. Now, I think he's just a town derp.

Initially? 1. I didn't like the way he followed up my pressure on Proph and Luckylee. 2. I wanted to see how he would react to a naked vote in addition to Rubicon's explained vote. Looks like he assumed I was voting for the same reasons as Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Unlump vote fontisian
    Lump vote Proudboar

12 hours to deadline guys. Get in here and vote.

9. Bill Door

Could we get a vote count please, jwlk?

---------- Post automerged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Unlump BillDoor
    Lump vote: Proudboar

---------- Post automerged at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I still think best lynch is Aekiel. He's never done anything to alleviate my concerns about him, nor has he done much at all for that matter.

Something seems a bit off about Fontisian this game. There's nothing that I an really point to and say this is wrong, but she doesn't seem as pro town as she usually does. If I had to guess I'd put it at a Aekiel/Fonti/Rubicon scum team.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bill Door: Why Rubicon?

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Just a note from my phone while still in bed, but I'm quite sure the timer jwlk gave is incorrect. Please check the time stamp on the op and add 96 hours to it.

12. Bill Door

Yeah, I think we should have another 24 hours or so.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

~~~ Lynch Votals ~~~

[4] Zeitgeist - Wetnurse (#45) blab (#71) Proudboar (#115) fontisian (#136)
    [2] KaiDASH - Rubicon (#107) Uncle Stojil (#144)
    [2] Aekiel - Bill Door (#51) Prophylaxis (#101)
    [1] fontisian - KaiDASH (#143)
    [1] Prophylaxis - Rents (#157)

With 13 players alive, it is 7 votes to lynch.

~~~ Lump Votals ~~~

[5] Proudboar - Proudboar (#115) Prophylaxis (#116) Luckylee (#163) fontisian (#168) Bill Door (#169)
    [2] KaiDASH - KaiDASH (#3) Zeitgeist (#33)
    [1] Wetnurse - Wetnurse (#35)
    [1] Aekiel - Aekiel (#39)
    [1] Bill Door - Rubicon (#102)

Lump is a plurality vote.

More thoughts coming shortly, but I made this. Look upon it.

---------- Post automerged at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Aaaand that's supposed to be a #168, not a #16 with sunglasses.

14. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I think I have 6 Lump Votes on me, Rubicon, you're missing Stojil. Unless he unlumped me and I'm misremembering in my sleepy state.

15. Rubicon

Good catch, you're right, Uncle Stojil lump-voted you in #114. I missed it because it's in the middle of a paragraph.

(Which raises another point: Some of these votes are in the wrong format according to jwlk's opening post. He might count them anyway, but it would be a good idea to fix that before deadline.)

16. Bill Door

Mostly just a hunch, as well as the kinda weird way the pressure on Kai has developed between you and Rubicon.

17. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Okay, finally dredged up enough energy to read (more like skim, lol) through all these posts. Fontisian was asking me what I'd do if I die or something? I don't know, because I make a pretty shit Angel. Honestly, that's my answer. I don't know; frankly, I am feeling both clueless and lethargic.

I asked about Wetnurse and about blab because the former wasn't posting that much for me to get a read (yes, pot kettle black) and the latter was hopping right and down as though his legs were on fire. Meh, though. All I got from their responses was one is probably a vivaciously aggressive townsperson and the other is surreptitiously scummy. Won't say which is which, although you could probably guess.

Anyway, fontisian seems eager to lynch me, so that's the one exciting bit of information that I got all day. I acknowledge that I'm not doing this game justice. Honestly, I'm trying but I'm been a bit too busy to reach Irene-levels in my post activities. The way that I've been segueing between real life and this game hasn't been particularly exemplary.

My question is to fontisian and Proudboar, I guess:

In the event that I do get lynched, who else are you thinking about lynching? Aekiel?

18. Rubicon

Okay, let's talk then?

1) What are your reads? Thoughts on each player?

2) You're still misunderstanding the question about what happens if you die, but whatever. Why do you think are you feeling clueless and lethargic? <-- more important question than it sounds like. If you're town, rage, rage against the dying of the light.

You should be telling us who you think we should lynch instead of you. Instead, you're not even voting anyone.

In all honesty, if jwlk had tried to make me scum for a fifth game in a row, I would have replaced out.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Why would you give someone "almost a townread" for following instructions?

Point taken. There's something that rubs me the wrong way about Aekiel's response, but I'll explain it later in this post.

Refusal to respond to questions noted.

OoG: I have a question relating to the bolded for postgame.

Going to think out loud here.

You're right about the first one - feels like something out of a RQS on mafiascum.
    I feel like the second one you mentioned feels like something to get down tone/definitions.
    Her third one, as you mentioned, isn't actually a question.
    And the fourth one feels like a more "hyperactive" question.

Thanks.

Okay so here's the thing that rubs me the wrong way.

In prepping for this I was reading Tiny Hunt 2 and this is what someone said about the game:

Aekiel has spent his last four posts until I called him out on it on active lurking/useless mechanics posts.

I'm not going to get another Kalas stolen from me this game after how he defended himself well in... Lexicat's trainwreck, and I believe that this is the case.

I'll settle for a lynch on Zeit if people want but I'm more surer of my scumread on Aek.

AND AEKIEL TOTALLY IGNORES MY "COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING USEFUL TO SAY" AND SAYS ANOTHER ACTIVE LURKING POST.

What do you gain from these questions? Insight into alignment?

Why are you so defeatist?

*Prophylaxis goes into Mafia Theory/IIoA mode

If you're town, then why are you passively accepting your lynch and not analyzing who's on your wagon and make it as hard as possible for the scum to lynch you? Lay out who's voting you, look at who's voting you with bad reasoning, look at who's voting you that has a scum mindset behind their vote - and build a case on someone you think is scum.

Don't just say "okay lynch me I'm useless". (Well, if you're scum, then continue to do so by all means)

All discussion =! good discussion. I feel like Lexicat said something like this.

I'm not buying it.

Something about this post is really bothering me. I'm not sure what, but my gut hates this post right now.

Before/IF I answer this question, tell me what you plan to get out of it, and how you're going to use it.

This is a good point, and segues back to my IIoA I posted earlier in this post.

---

Does someone have an example of a scum!Zeit or a scum!Kai game? I'd like to compare/

20. Bill Door

The only scum Kai game I can remember was the first Witchhunt we played but it was over a year and a half ago so I'm not sure how relevant it can be. I don't know of any scum Zeitgeist games.