1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Okay, I'll take a look at that.

---------- Post automerged at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

So far I'm seeing:

- tons and tons of mechanics discussion (along with a bad contradiction in #160)
    - wow this thread is biiiiig
    - IIoA
    - YOU.

---

I'm comparing meta and this game and I ultimately I need to coax more out of KaiDASH. He's doing tons of mechanics discussion especially on the first post but I need to see if it's something he does in his town games too. Plus he doesn't fit in with my Aekiel/Zeit/???? scumteam as neatly as I like it to would.

I declare this analysis inconclusive.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Keep in mind that this game was like, 16 months ago or something and I've played a lot on other sites since then. Plus I was in the King's Court, which gave me a private way to share my reads with others and a fallback if I got flak for not contributing sufficiently in thread.

I think that not valuing mechanics at all is fine in closed set-up games (it's just useless modgaming then) but in an open setup, where the rules are known, you should try to find a way to get an advantage for town using them. And how people approach a thing can be useful too. Like, why would they think X about Y, what could be happening behind the scenes there? Such a thing applies equally to non-mechanics discussion, but I find that people are somewhat less careful in mechanics discussion so it's more common for unforced errors to happen.

Anyway, will post other things soon - just wanted to reply to this specifically.

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

If you're willing to cross the streams, then could you give me your most recent town game and your most recent scum game?

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

It is incorrect :( my bad guys, I can't count. There's 25 hours left in day

5. KaiDASH

I covered this some both at the time and in later posts, but I felt that fontisian was pressuring me with weak reasons, while her vote was not on me AND after I had picked up some other votes.

As I said in 150: I think you are trying to get a bandwagon on me, while your vote is conveniently parked elsewhere.

I think that is more scummy than no. Like, this dodges pure vote analysis because her vote is not on me at this time yet she is contributing to the 'weight' (so to speak) that is by posting a lot about me.

Bill Door is posting the bare minimum to get by, which could be for numerous reasons but it does bump him up.

RE: Ollie, can you give us the tl;dr on what that is?

what is oog, iioa and rqs?

?? I thought the context was clear: he read my post, he gave a reasonably good answer to one question and then ignored the pass it forward component.

IDK - maybe you see a day 1 townread as something different to me, I think it indicates 'right now, if I had a kill, I wouldn't use it on this guy'. It is not at all a free-pass to the end of the game or even to the end of today.

I took a hiatus from games since the start of this year (before that I played way too many games and got burn-out), and since starting playing again I've not rolled scum. I actually can't remember the last time I played scum, but in my last game (using the TH2 ruleset) I was the martyr and I got the priest lynched d2 because he made a series of derps that were just beyond terrible.

Not sharing, sorry.

-

I would be ok with Aekiel lynch.

I would also be ok with Bill Door lynch, with the disclaimer that I think there is maximum one scum in Bill Door & Aekiel, because basically the only non-trivial thing Bill Door has done this game is aggro on Aekiel.

Hey! Bill!

How about you do something so you can get more reads.

Hey! Zeit!

Who do you think is scum on your wagon? Do you think anyone has voted you for trivial reasons? If so, who? What does that say about them?

I also feel like blab, wetnurse and ollie are well below an acceptable amount of activity, but the latter two have posted IRL reasons (work / study) and with so little time left in day we can't really afford to diffuse our aggro further anyway.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

...I'm still not sure if your biggest scumread was mentioned in that post or not.

So everyone else is either scummy or null? Please make a list, then.

I'm trying to decide what you're doing here, but it reads pretty scummy. Is this supposed to be a subtle defense?

Are you kidding me? You're basically asking me to tell you what would be best for you to say! You're quickly climbing up the scum-ladder, here.

You are so defensive in this game. You've been pretty much all defense, safe stuff or empty/detached discussion.

This reads so weak compared to how you have her as your number 1 scum, followed by Aekiel (against whom you sound much more resolute in your arguments) and Bill Door (against whom you "just" have the fact that he's posted the bare minimum).

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm trying to logic-check out fontisian's questions. But mostly yes I agree with you.

Why are you asking that question? I don't see why I should answer it, and I'd like to know what you'd gain from it.

Then vote me you chucklehead.

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I have reads, just not many of them happen to be town ones.

Now that I'm not distracted by stuffs, here are some vaguely more coherent thoughts on Fontisian and Rubicon.

It looks to me like Fonti has been playing very safely. She pressured Lucky for a while but just sort of let it drop. She put a pressure vote on Zeitgeist when he already had 3 other votes on him. Then sort of goes after Kai but is unwilling to back it up with a vote. It all looks to me like she's sort of scumhunting, but just goes for the easy targets in the end.

My dislike for Rubicon stems mainly from this:

First he is the person who initially brings up the terrible idea of using the judge instead of the lynch, while he didn't directly advocate it I dislike that he even suggested it. Then he implies he was just hoping someone would jump on the idea, like he was trying to bait scum into it. But if that is what he was trying I don't see why he would come out and say this. It looks to me like he was just trying to cover himself for making the suggestion in the first place.

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

1. Bill Door - Me
    2. Fontisian - scum for vague reasons
    3. Kaidash - many words, yet none of them make are towny town.
    4. Uncle Stojil - less active than regular stolij but that's my only gripe
    5. Luckylee - weird hyper tunnelling on proph for iffy reasons. I don't think he'd be as focused as scum
    6. Rubicon -scum for slightly contrived reasons
    7. Blab - i honeslty can't remember a thing he's done
    8. ProudBoar - obvious town
    9. Aekiel - scum for lack of anything
    10. Rents - who?
    11.Wetnurse - I don't think he's given a single read on anyone other than zeit, who is looking like the easy D1 lynch
    12. Prophylaxis - long posts that i haven't read through thoroughly yet
    13. Zeitgeist - i don't think he'd be as apatheticly responding to lynch votes if he was scum, but that's too close to the "too scummy to be scum" logic so meh.

9. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Although I may be wrong, since the last time that I played it was 2012, I've never been scum before, to my recollection. I wish I was scum more often. It seems like more fun. :/

Because I don't know if saying anything will make a difference. In order for me to survive this lynch, I might need to channel my inner Irene, which usually works me up too much. And my head goes "kaboom" from my own thoughts. This is my exam period anyway, so I decided to play tinyhunt because I figured that it might be fun and respite from my studies. But it's not, especially if I have to spend hours creating tl;dr posts. I just feel "meh".

blab, Wetnurse, fontisian. Proudboar is a trigger-happy townie, most likely, while Wetnurse hasn't done much except point a finger at me when I was a safe lynch. Blab is also acting like a bomb-thrower: throwing out a bomb of a statement, before retreating back into lurking.

Fontisian seems scummy because of all that Luckylee stuff which I really can't be bothered to fish up. Dredging up her posts takes effort and time. :(

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You really don't have todo big tl;drs to play as town. You just have to contribute. Post your thoughts on hat people say, ask people questions that come to your mind as you read their posts. Just actually do stuff other than say, "fine, lynch me." Pretty much the worst thing you can do as town is nothing.

---------- Post automerged at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Just realised how little sense this make. I meant he's posted a lot but none of them have seemed super towny, which is weird given how much he has posted.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

You should answer it for the same reasons you'd answer any other question related to another player. What I'd gain depends on your answer (it varies from scumslips, towny stuff, insight, things I could have missed, things you could have missed and connections you/others have).

What the hell? I'm honestly between miffed and surprised that you're asking me something like this.

You're still, like, fourth. Not even bronze.

Zeit: your opinion of Kai up to now, please.

12. Zeitgeist

Well, if I have to participate, I'll vote for Aekiel because his judge plan seems a bit perturbing. Moreover, I have my suspicions about Wetnurse in that potentially he's scum along with Aekiel. If Aekiel turns out to be innocent, then that answers the question about Wetnurse. So it's a decent plan for me. :/

Vote Lynch: Aekiel

---------- Post automerged at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

@Stojil: I'm getting an inkling that KaiDASH and fontisian are not on the same faction. Either KaiDASH is scum, and fontisian is town, or vice-versa. When we find the truth about one of the them, we should know the truth about the other too.

I acknowledge that answer probably wasn't the most helpful in the world. Honestly, I should be putting more effort and making a greater contribution, but I can't find the energy or time to go full-on Irene in this game. :/

13. blab

blab Second Year

Editor ate my pot, here is everything I remembered of it.

a) He can. I am simply saying that posting the stuff in #114 that I was thinking at that point/saying in #71 is an indication of a lack of ulterior motives, unless the observations would suit scum anyway in which case I would be screwed anyway.
    b) Obvioulsy everyone cares about what I think.....But seriously, my post actually assumed the opposite.

Tbh, I am not exactly sure if/what you're criticizing.

Sorry, I'll try to step up during the weekend.

This is hard given that we haven't anything set yet.
    Let's assume Zeitgeist is scum:
    Aekiel is pretty suspicious given the type of questions he asked Zeitgeist ( the one about how KaiDASH plays as scum and who else he would lump-vote.) Too neutral for talking almost all of his non-machanicy post with him.
    I'm not going to outrule Zeit/KaiDASH based on "scum wouldn't buddy that obviously" but I think Zeit/Aekiel/KaiDASH is unlikely, too much interaction/suspicion between the scumteam. So it's either or.
    If Zeit and Aekiel are scum, third one is maybe Rents (or Rubicon, but then his wait, what post would have been ballsy) based on elimination.
    If it's Zeit/KaiDASH maybe Bill Door?
    If Zeit isn't scum I would try to build around Aekiel.
    Aekiel/Rubicon seems likely and I am still waiting on Aekiel's answer to the Rubicon question. Maybe Aekiel/Rubicon/fontisian. Or Aekiel/Rubicon/(wetnurse/rents)

Ok, so you were already a safe lynch at Wetnurse's posts 40 and 45?
    Also, sorry about the absence, but what exactly about my statements is so shocking to make them "bombs of a statement"? This critique is so vague, what am even I supposed to say to it?
    Also you posted this:
    What changed?

Rubicon: What are your thoughts on Aekiel?

14. Zeitgeist

What changed? Not much: I just think that you only seem to post whenever I make a post, and only to throw more doubt at me, when I'm the safe vote. I know that I'm a townie and I also know that I'm one who's not particularly helpful at this point, so when you capitalised on my dearth of enthusiasm and my less-than-intelligible posts, I got a feeling that you had upgraded from vivacious aggressiveness to selective aggressiveness. By selective aggressiveness, I mean lurking and posting only when it's an "easy" lynch.

Anyway, I'm probably wrong about half of what I said. Usually, I'm just paranoid and sometimes completely off-mark, so I don't really know whether I'm on track. Nor do I particularly mind if I die. I just hope that I'm not a sub-par Angel again like I was last time. I hate screwing up games for everybody. :/

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Thats... pretty lame Zeit. I doubt the wagon on you will change at this point, but giving up entirely is meh. We still have a day left, convince us instead of talking about being Angel BS, it's a shit way to manipulate us into thinking you're town :/

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

what you're noticing is that somewhere in between those two posts I realized using Judge day 1 was retarded and decided to pretend I'd obviously been against it all along. :p

I think Kai picked up on that too, although I just ignored him and he dropped it.

Mainly that Aekiel is a derp as town and KaiDASH is not, therefore he is a suboptimal lynch. Were you there when this happened? By tomorrow I want to see him doing actual scumhunting and shutting the hell up with the mechanical discussion.

Also worth noting that Aekiel's alignment will probably come to light soon, whether we lynch him or not.

@ Zeitgeist: Earlier you said you thought you could read Kai pretty well. How likely do you think it is that he's scum here?

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

allllso I'm more than a little bit bothered by Zeitgeist's complete apathy on the verge of a day 1 lynch. I'm starting to think it's a town tell. see previous lynches of Fenraellis and disposablehead for example. I'd just expect to see scum squirm and panic more, completely giving up strikes me as genuinely apathetic town..

Just to remind everyone, though, the KaiDASH wagon exists and is super awesome. We've even got Uncle Stojil on board. Only five more votes and we can hang the bastard from a tree by a rope and then search his corpse for clues.

Since my previous vote was in the wrong format,

Lynch: KaiDASH

17. KaiDASH

re: defensive, yes. I've had two people tunneling me for a majority of the day (rubicon, fontisian) so since my time is limited, it's a catch 22: Do I post replies to them, or go off and do my own thing.

If I post replies then that's 'defensive' and not scum hunting, and if I go off and do my own thing then that's scummy because I'm ignoring their valid questions or whatever.

Worse, if I do half and half, then I get jumped on for ignoring 'valid' points.

re: fontisian, you can frame it however you like. If you really think that though, then obviously I failed to communicate my position properly.

Basically, I think she's trying to make something out of nothing and get me lynched while having some protection against vote analysis.

This is a very scummy behavior - her words (hey look at how bad kai looks!) and her actions (where her lynch vote is) are not aligned.

Also, you missed a question I asked you in that post

Ok so, Rubicon has facepunched me again in a chainsaw defense of Zeit AND Aekiel.

Except... the defense of Aekiel is horrendous and the defense of Zeit is pretty much limited to 'too scummy to be a scumtell'.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Like, what the hell am I reading.

1. Aekiel is derp as town, so he is a suboptimal lynch (see: 'we should not lynch him')
    2. Given a free pass for the rest of today 'by tomorrow'. How about every single time today that he just ignored people calling him out on useless posts (mechanical or no)
    3. ALSO WORTH NOTING IS THAT AEKIEL WILL PROBABLY BE PRIEST CHECKED IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Ok, the game's up for both of you.

lynch Aekiel

Tomorrow Rubicon is on the menu.

18. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

To be completely honest, I kind of want to believe Zeitgeist is town, but, as many others have said, his apathy is bothering. But maybe that's enough? My suspicion that he's scum is still there, but I'm having doubts.

My Biggest Scum read, aside from Zeit, is basically Fontisian, for reasons posted earlier. Aekiel just strikes me as being slightly inept, rather than scummy. Still, at this point I'm more suspicious of Fonti. Mayb they don't hold up as much weight if Zeit isn't scum, but she still seems off.

I'm switching my Vote.

Unvote
    Lynch Vote Fontisian

19. blab

blab Second Year

Question: No

Also, I can't get the last statement to make any sense at all.
    It's not that Aekiel is so easy to read that his alignment will come to light given that it will come to light even if he is lynched.
    Powerwise, I can't get it to make sense either.
    If KaiDASH is right, and you mean the Judge check (at least for not lynching), how is that an argument for not lynching Aekiel?
    Can you elaborate?

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Feeling the urge to differentiate this game from past scum behavior? Check.

Holy shit. "Dodges pure vote analysis." Do you honestly believe that any sane person could forget that I attacked you today?

Oh man, post 185 in general. Hey guys look at fontisian! No wait, look how bad Aekiel! No, but Bill Door is bad too. Don't forget about blab, wetnurse and Rents! Kai's slinging mud to see what sticks because he's desperate to not be lynched.

Oh hi there Bill Door. Are you Kai's scummate?

Bullshit. I haven't even been voting for you, because up until about now I wanted Zeit lynched. Congratulations on changing that.

See, when you ignore my questions I tend to assume it's because you can't answer them.

Yes, please continue to gloss over my points if it helps your contrived case.

How can Rubicon possibly be chainsaw defending Zeit from you when you haven't attacked Zeit?

You're trying to use Rubicon's defense (which is a valid defense) to your vote onto an easier mislynch and save youself. Nice try.

Oh, and the lovely setup for tomorrow's lynch.

This is the rhetoric of scum realizing that he's too close to a lynch. Zeit and Aekiel can wait.
    Unvote
    Vote KaiDASH