1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    That you're scum, and nobody will come forward because I'm telling the truth :/

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Fort, why are you bargaigning your logic?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

A mislynch is not worth town control of the angels. Period.

I can't give you absolute proof. My cases against Kai yesterDay and toDay are the best evidence I can offer of him being scum.

1. How exactly are they wholly logical?
    2. Because I'm arguing against half the town at once. Sometimes I'll miss things.
    3. What do you think of the Spiritcaller idea?

---------- Post automerged at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Titus: I strongly believe that Kai is town, but if everyone agrees to the plan and no Spiritcaller comes forward (and Aekiel and Zeit actually show up and confirm that they did not survive a night kill), I'll have enough evidence in favor of town!Kai that I'll be willing to back down.

---------- Post automerged at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

So you don't have a problem with that plan then? Lovely.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Kai could have just protected Lucky without going through the spiritcaller, it is a possibility. If the spiritcaller wasn't targeted it isn't confirmation that Lucky is scum. I don't really want to see roleclaims for uncertain benefits. At the moment we still need to wait for everyone to check in for the day before we can even be sure someone else wasn't targeted, waiting on Aekiel and Zeit I think. We shouldn't be talking about any roleclaims or anything until that happens, at least.

5. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@font

What makes you 100% sure that Kai was scum? His day 1 behavior might suggest he was scum, but it isn't 100% clear if he really was. With what's currently happening, it is pretty easy to argue that he was town.

Fact 1
    Nobody got NK'ed.

This should mean that

A. Clown was the NK target and pied a Witch.
    B. Kai was town and protected the spirit-caller (who protected LuckyLee) or Kai protected Luckylee
    c. Witches didn't NK. (They didn't fail a soup since it would have been obvious if they did)

The least likely scenario here is Scenario C.

In a world where Kai is scum, witches definitely wouldn't forego an NK. It just doesn't make sense, especially with a priest and only 2 witches left. In a world where Kai is town, there might be a chance that they forego an NK, but I don't see any motivation for doing so.

Fact 2
    LuckyLee claimed surviving an NK.
    Fact 3
    Rubicon claimed being pied.

LuckyLee surviving an NK would mean that the two scenarios above would become

A. LuckyLee the clown and pied Rubicon the Witch.
    B. LuckyLee got Angel/SpiritCaller protection.

For scenario A, there's really nothing to be gained for LuckyLee to not claim clown since it would mean a 1-1 exchange of town and witches.

For scenario B, we can easily infer that Kai is town.

LuckyLee not claiming clown easily points to the fact that we are in Scenario B.

You keep saying that Kai's D1 behavior doesn't make sense in a world where he is town. I agree. However, there's a possibility that he was a role that town could live without. Remember, death in this game doesn't mean you can no longer affect town's chance of winning. He might have forced the judge-lynch on himself since he might have served town better as angel than his town role.

6. EricF

EricF Muggle

Hello everyone. I am replacing Aekiel in this game. jwlk asked me over from the FantasyStrike forums (specifically the dead chat in an ongoing witch hunt game)

Having read through day 2, and some of day 1, I have the following to note:

Bill Door seems to have the best grasp of the rules/mechanics. Listen to his +Town suggestions and DO NOT give up role information.

Spiritcaller coming forward is the worst idea that has been floated since Kai claimed Judge.

Witches could be pulling some next-level gambit where they decline the night kill and have scum LuckyLee claim to have been protected to make him seem safe-town. This could have happened regardless of Kai's alignment.

However, if we ignore that highly risky play, Kai had to be town in order for LuckyLee to get protection (since he claimed "not clown").

I'm guessing Kai was counting on the following line of reasoning from the Judge:
    "no scum would claim Judge because it is easily confirmed, so Kai must be town, and I'll axe the other highly suspicious person (Aekiel)." Since Kai got Judged, either I'm the Judge, or the true Judge thought that Kai was more suspicious than Aekiel - perhaps his fake claim did him no favors there.

Rubicon coming forward with his face covered in pie is a slightly +town move - if the nk target was the clown, and Rubi was scum, then coming forward makes it certain that an "I pied Rubi and got saved last night" would be believed, and trading clown soup for witch lynch is certainly worth it for the town.

Note: trading Priest soup for a witch lynch is probably not worth it if the Priest has no other information and is not about to be lynched.

Font has been seriously floundering, and Kai was suspicious of him day 1 (at least some of the time, I haven't read through every day 1 post)

Lynch fontisian

Overall, his posts seem pretty scummy to me. His logic is very wrong in some places, and pushing the Kai = scum world is really bad.

Sorry for the long post - I've accumulated thoughts waiting for posting permissions :)

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Hi Eric. I take it you weren't targeted during the night? That leaves just Zeit who might counterclaim Lucky.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I've spent 30 posts pointing out flaw after flaw in asinine argument are asinine argument, only to be encounter more idiocy from a new person every single time. I'm done. There will be no full analysis tonight because DLP ate my post and I don't give enough shits about you people to continue. Go ahead and lynch me. May it bite you in the ass when Luckylee turns out to be scum.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hey Fonti, you should build your case or something.

---------- Post automerged at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

EDIT: Pulling the Zeit maneuver isn't earning you any points Fonti, since I'm pretty sure him/Proph are your scum mates. If your town you should be building a case

10. EricF

EricF Muggle

I was not targeted at night.

I haven't seen a lot of posting from Blab, has he made contributions that I missed, or is he super-lurker?

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Probellum also hasn't posted what I would consider "substantial" posts - it's mostly been bland agreement or light questioning.

Again, I didn't read through all of day 1, so I'm open to corrections.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Calling people idiots is definitely not helpful. Please just set the conspiracy aside, Font and give behavioral analysis.

I am quite surprised by the lack of posting here.

Eric, have you played mafia before? You probably hve but I want to be sure that dead chat was a mafia game. This seems to be a group that has played together often. I have played with two players here on other sites. To that end, you seem to have softclaimed out of the gate. Don't worry about being anyone's apprentice. Find your own way.

I will look at the pieces but I am content now following where things are.

Blab and Prophy are superlurkers.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I think Fonti rage quit.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Why? I don't see anything to that effect.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    She hasn't viewed the thread since her last post when she exploded :/

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Wow. Say goodbye to privacy.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry guys, was preoccupied with some other stuff that took priority over this game.

Expect me to mull over this thread tomorrow.

17. blab

blab Second Year

Hi Eric

What? Spiritcaller should only claim if he can counterclaim LuckyLee's protection (if he was protected and did not protect LuckyLee) because then we know he is a lying witch. And then only if neither he nor his protected target can claim to have survived NK.

I can see actually also see scum!Rubicon claiming pie (if KaiDASH was town).

You can view somebody's posts in isolation by clicking on the number of replies of the thread (in the Little Italy forum) and then click on the number of replies of the player.
    Also this is Probellum/Proudboar's first game if that helps you.

@fontisian
    Let's assume Zeit doesn't counterclaim LuckyLee.
    ----->only LuckyLee could have been the nightkill target.

Scenario 1.
    The witches didn't nightkill anyone
    ----->LuckyLee is a witch

Scenario 2.
    The witches tried to kill LuckyLee
    ----->LuckyLee is town
    ----->KaiDASH was town
    ----->Let's consider KaiDASH's "last will and testament":
    Considering this and what has happened this day, I want your case on Rubicon, which you have promised, before I make the one on you.

18. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

@EricF: Yes, I'm new to the game, so I'm still a tad unsure of what to do or think. I notice somethings, but they're usually just vague impressions.

Anyway, I've been suspicious of Fonti since D1. Several things seemed off (Weak attacks at Luckylee, stuff that seemed a bit like distancing, etc) most of which I explained in posts #151 and #153.

So, I guess I'll just: (As a reminder, since I got the namechange midgame, I have Lump Vote)

Lynch Vote Fontisian

19. blab

blab Second Year

Ahm, unvote please?

I don't want to hard lynch yet.

Does lump even count towards hardlynch

---------- Post automerged at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

LuckyLee #268 is in the wrong format anyway, otherwise we would have lynched already, if Lump counts toward majority lynch.

Somebody unvote please I want to have Zeit say something at least.

Also,

Lynch: Probellum

Since, fontisian can selflynch I want to say that I am in favor of doing the clown+oracle thing again.
    Let's do Rubicon again, unless I get outvoted.

20. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Hrmm? I didn't think we were that close to an actual Lynch, but maybe I miscounted. Or Lynch Votes from D1 get carried over if they weren't voting for whoever got Lynched that day?

Bah, either way, if I thought we too close to a Lynch, I wouldn't have voted.

@Blab: Is there a particular reason your Lynch Voting me?

For now:

Unvote