1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One v Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Relic, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Er, I actually think you're the sexist one in this case, bro. If you look at the letter, you'll notice that it's very carefully written as gender neutral. This could very easily be for a girl gamer who has a boyfriend/husband that doesn't like gaming at all. It's you that automatically assigned gender roles.

That being said, I did cringe while reading it.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I think it was carefully written to to put gender names, yes. But the tone, examples, language ect was all blatant sexism. You could say its because I'm equating football to men and dancing to woman, and the word beauty to woman not men. But that's bullshit.

That letter was blatantly written from a man to a woman a clumsily hid it.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You think wrong.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Not really. You're using your own sexist views to deride something else as sexist. How that makes any sense is beyond me.

5. Erotic Adventures of S

Yeah

so

it

seems

as if I am not the only one who thinks it.

Also it seems as if you may have read the edited version where they swapped out more of the blatant sexist shit.

But even the updated letter is BS, if your deceived by such a superficial attempt at not waving their dicks in people faces and screaming "GAMING IS FOR DUDES!" then its statement more of your lack of awareness of sexism in the industry then others seeing it where it doesnt exist.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So? It is a clearly not serious letter, and at least somewhat funny. Why must you care about it beyond this fact?

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Because it is an important underlying issue. Woman make up 50% of gamers over all, and about 30% of console gamers, yet they are treated like second class citizens.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    How does that make sense? Do you mean that there are more female PC gamers than male PC gamers? I highly doubt your statistics dude.

I won't deny that the gaming industry needs to work on that sexism, but seriously, this is not a right case for you to unleash your righteous fury of justice. Once again, it a humorous letter, not at all meant to be taken seriously. Take a chill pill.

9. Erotic Adventures of S

No I blatantly said woman make up 30% of console gamers but 50% over all, the area they are high is in mobile gaming on smartphones ect.

And I havent said this is the worst crime of the decade or anything close. I called Sexism on something that is sexist, that it seems as if a lot of people do see as sexism, that Microsoft has edited to make it less offensive.

Again we have got off topic.

Stupid letter is stupid.

10. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I don't want to start a fight, but I don't believe you when you say 50% of gamers overall are women.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Depends on whether you count people on smartphones as 'gamers', because then I could buy that.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

So you're saying that because other people are so quick to shout "SEXIST", you're completely right? Newsflash: you can still think like the majority and still be quite blatantly wrong. This is not a new phenomenon.

Also, "you would rather knit than watch me slay Zombies." Is quite clearly saying that your girlfriend/boyfriend would rather do something as mind numbingly boring as knit than watch you play games. That's a rather apt description of people who don't game, I think, not sexist in the least. Stop getting your panties in a twist whenever you perceive the slightest hint of sexism. Use your energy on actual sexist issues of the day.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

If you click any of those links in the "letter," you can replace the text. It is indeed meant to be something mind-numbingly boring. They probably should have chosen one of the other default choices. They're a bit more clear.

Not getting any deeper into this discussion, though; I just linked that thing because it's fucking ridiculous.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Just got my PS4! =D

I played a bit of Resogun while Killzone was downloading. How that game isn't getting the attention it deserves is utter horseshit.

Forza? Psh. AC4? whatever. Dead Rising? Don't make me laugh!

Save the humans!

Funny thing is, I'll probably spend most of my time until infamous comes out playing 'cheap' non triple A games.

Can't wait =D

15. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I told you, dude. I told you Resogun rules.

16. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I kind of feel bad for Microsoft. Its like they're in a field of landmines and they just keep stepping on them.

Right now people are looking for the slightest excuse to slam Xbox one but I think they should weather the storm and do their best to make their product good. Let it speak for itself instead of them speaking for it and ending up with people not willing to listen or ending up wrong.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I always knew it was great, been watching 'let's play' videos and getting hyped for ages...

But actually playing it? How gorgeous it looks on my massive screen, hearing the little speaker on my DS4 telling me to 'save the humans', how responsive and, just, FUN it is?

I'm so mad it's not getting more coverage and plaudits...

18. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You paint them way too much like a victim.

They are their product. Their product is a direct representation of who they are. And that product is crap, as far as gaming goes. Taken as a gaming console, it falls behind the other consoles in nigh every fashion. Graphics, Game Quality, Reliability, Pricing, Consumer Friendliness, Market Share, and many others.

It is THEIR actions. Their blatantly anti-consumer policies and actions which have earned them this result. It is their CONTINUING demonstration of their complete disregard, disrespect, and disconnect with the market and industry they are competing in that has rightfully earned them the vast majority of all this harsh criticism.

These are not 'accidents'. They are not 'stepping on landmines' by accident. They are slamming their feet down on them despite repeatedly being told "NO, DON'T DO THAT". But they're convinced it will lead to their personal enrichment, so they do it anyway.

Micro$oft flipped the entire non-investor gaming industry a giant bird and said "BUT YOU'LL BUY IT ANYWAY CAUSE WE HAVE THINGS YOU WANT, BITCHES. HAHA, GIVE ME YOUR MONEY SUCKERS." They are not the victims here.

When they got socked in the face in retaliation, they tried to make up for it because 'OMG OUR PRECIOUS PROFITS', but they can't hide the fact that they do not give a shit about anything but profits, and that their chosen philosophy of gaining those profits is "fuck them in the ass because we have something they want" is only thinly veiled behind a tattered veneer of being apologetic and sincere in their desire to make up for their massive, massively crappy choices.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  19. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, how quickly we forget.

When the ps3 launched, Sony came out and told their adoring fans that their new console is so great, people will get a second job just to afford it. They knew the price point was insane, but they preyed on their fans' need for their product to let them get away with murder.

Then a few years later, when they get hacked, they virtually wait a while week before telling people their accounts have been compromised. They sat on that intel while people were vulnerable in the hopes that they could deal with it before it became an issue.

For years, the ps3 was vastly inferior to the 360 because it's cell architecture was so obscure that hardly anyone but their first party developers knew how to program with it, leading to shitty third party ports.

'What's better' is a matter entirely up to the consumer, but you painting Microsoft out to be some evil empire while Sony as some saints is ridiculous and childish.

If it weren't for the 360s popularity, the ps3 would have been prohibitively expensive for a lot fucking longer, if it ever got a price drop at all.

If it weren't for achievements in the 360 (despite steam doing it first), we'd never have trophies.

If it weren't for XBLA, the psstore would still just open a browser from the xmb.

The 360 made the ps3 a much better console and vice versa.

You really need to get off your high horse. Competition in the marketplace benefits everyone. I hope the steambox takes off like crazy and adds even more pressure on Sony and MS.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Yes.

The fact that XBONE doesn't have a monopoly on the market means that M$ can't do their stupid bullshit.