1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. blab

blab Second Year

Who is we? Pluralis majestatis?

Anyway, if the targeted player is scum, then Rubicon is scum and we should have enough info to get the targeted player.

It's not that complicated, I was merely suggesting that we do Clown+Oracle and ensure that the Oracle check works even if Rents is scum, and try to ensure that the targeted player survives so that he/she can confirm that Rents is the clown.

2. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

We as in everybody who is alive at that point.

Your priest-check scenario is screwed if the pie/oracle/protection target is scum.

3. Titus

Titus Squib

Wetnurse, I was attacked night 2 and survived. No one challenged that. Unless you believe the scums nked night 2, I am town. Thus, uncontroverted town as nking in that position gains nothing.

---------- Post automerged at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Blab, let's combine your idea with mine.

Oracle+Clown check Prophy?

Lynch V

---------- Post automerged at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Or Rubicon even.

4. blab

blab Second Year

Why?

a) town!rents+targeted-player!scum
    We're lynching confirmed scum Rubicon, pie scum, and get a Oracle check(if alive). Great. What could we possibly do better with clown+oracle+protection?
    b) scum!rents+scum!targeted-player
    I refuse to believe it, since scum!rents => scum!Bill, and I still can't imagine EricF not being scum.

5. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Titus

Or scum could have No-Killed. You were easily read as town before that. In a world where you are scum, it would make sense to townfirm you by doing a no-kill. I'm not saying that your claim is altogether unbelievable. I'm just saying that the possibility exists that you can be scum.

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

@blab

Refuse to believe it all you want but you've been wrong before.

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Wetnurse, Yeah and aliens can be abducting me so I can be president. Anything is open to possible or imaginary doubt. Nking after not killing day 1 is foolish. Also, if as you say, I was townread, it would be wiser to do the nk move on someone who was NOT townread.

7. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

I'm off to sleep. I'll try to wake up before day ends.

If I'm asleep and you guys decide to lynch someone other than Rents/Rubicon, I'd rather you guys lynch me. That should settle EricF's false-claim as Priest. At this point in the game, I doubt my role would be the game changer for town. Better I get lynched than the other cooler roles. Anyway, this is just a big IF.

Seriously, though, everybody should try their hardest to keep the lynch between Rents/Rubicon because I really don't want to die.

---------- Post automerged at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

@Titus

I read all that but I don't think my brain wants to work anymore. Promise I'll try my hardest to wake up before end of day so I could respond.

8. blab

blab Second Year

Alright, let's say either scum!rents made a freaky lucky guess and bill is town and was pied by the real clown ericf who then claimed judge for some reason. Or the real clown is alive and chilling.
    Or for some unfathomable reason all three players we lynched were town. (Work out the likelyhood yourself)

Then it is possible that:
    scum!Rents+scum!targeted player
    We still do the best we can to get a Oracle target with protection. If the oracle is dead, too, well the angels will be clever enough to figure out that this plan is bull with the oracle being one of them (and most likely the clown).

I still don't get exactly what you think the drawback is.

---------- Post automerged at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

That should be: all four we'll have lynched

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Wetnurse, if you are town, that is a horrible play. I don't see anyone buying EricF as Priest.

Blab, who do you think the Priest/Oracle+Clown should check? We should have town distinct pools given the fact your plan is to use them separately.

10. blab

blab Second Year

Well not LuckyLee, Rents, Bill Door and Rubicon for obvious reason (should be obvious...)

That leaves:
    blab, Prophylaxis, Sesc, Titus, Vira, Wetnurse

I wouldn't mind being protected myself, but for the info I would prefer one of Proph, Sesc, Wetnurse. Favorite is Sesc.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Forget checking Sesc, the priest crumbed she is inno.

I would like this setup. Priest checks Blab, V, or sesc (if you don't trust me)

Clown Oracle checks Prophy, Me, or Wetnurse.

12. blab

blab Second Year

How does that make any sense, the priest already has checked Sesc if you're right, why would he want to check him again? If you're wrong, then the Priest isn't going to take your suggestion.
    Anyway, the priest can decide for himself who he checks, I think it even better if we don't speculate on who that is much less tell him who to check.

I'm fine with Proph (or Wetnurse).

Let's coordinate:
    Vote:
    Rents+Oracle+Protection(sc/angel) target:
    Prophylaxis.

(if the clown is alive and not Rents (for some reason) that means he shouldn't target Proph, obviously)

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Ok. Fine. That is right. I put that there in case ppl didn't trust me or I was wrong. Pretty common thing forme to do.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

If you already think I'm Town (I must've missed that hint -- time to re-read the thread, I guess), you might as well have me pie'd -- or Titus, for that matter. Blab's plan is good, but what's the point in not pieying the most Townfirmed player, if that's the only thing that could affect it negatively?

In fact, I think I could even make that work without protection, which is an advantage. Let's just see if I got it right:

Clown!Ollie pies me. AnotherPlayer!Clown does not. And then we see what happens on my end?

15. Sesc

The more I think about it, the better I like it. If you trust me enough to consider me Town, I should get the pie. Information can't get lost, because all night actions get resolved simultaneously.

We really shouldn't lynch either Ollie or Rubicon, then, and instead focus on the group Titus mentioned. Personally, I'd go with Wetnurse, but if you're set on Vira, by all means her.

16. Sesc

Unvote

/10

17. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Personally I think that Wetnurse or Proph are more likely to be the other scum than Vira or blab. With Proph being the most likely.

Lynch Vote: Prophylaxis

18. blab

blab Second Year

Protection is an advantage, so that Oracle gets a result even if Rents isn't the clown, and so the targeted player survives unless souped.

19. Sesc

Yes. Please read again what I wrote. The Fallen are a thing.

20. Sesc

... that is, nvm. I missed something. Ignore what I said.

The point about pieing the most Townfirmed stands, though.