1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Just enough to deal with the stalker. Also, Aekiel wants to kill others with zombies and didn't enter the thread talking about game mechanics. He's probably scum this time.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol. I've already played this version, there aren't any mechanics tricks to pull at this stage since there are only a couple of guaranteed town roles.

3. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I'd like to preface this with the caveat that my brain is still somewhat frazzled from exams. Sorry if it isn't quite what you were looking for font.

Anyway, mostly I find it interesting that there were responses at all. Not hammering is common sense and I imagine that it only happened in the last game because of its small size. (And Lucky being a derp). Really, it struck me as a fairly innocuous opening comment that didn't require much in the way of response.

In the context of Day 1, this is a decent answer. However, it ignores that the margins for hammering decrease as the game continues. Don't really like the bit about not committing to a lynch until "late enough in the day." That's somewhat nebulous and I feel that it's a recipe for rushed lynches.

For what I think is the first time ever, I completely agree with one of Aek's early game posts. This is pretty much exactly how I feel mafia should be played.

I can't really see much difference between this and what Aekiel said, if I'm honest. It's possible that I misinterpreted his first post but this feels like something of a row back. (I should note that this is entirely down to my interpretation of what is implied by "not even majority")

Again, I can't see where anyone suggested putting enough votes on someone in the name of pressure to leave them in danger of being hammered early. The part about not being sparing with votes could be trying to be middle of the road.

In summary font, I'll be keeping my eye on you, Moridin, Aek and Typhon because the whole thing strikes me as something scum might do to gain town cred.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Thanks Caesar. You missed Probellum's, Stojil's and Luckylee's posts.
    I get why you skipped over Luckylee's, as his post said nothing, but Probellum and Stojil were contributing.

For the responces themselves, I tend to view the people who responded initially (Mori and Probellum) as more towny than the people who responded later on with relatively little to add. Typhon's post was the worst.

5. Aekiel

High Score:
    Luckylee: Give me your opinion on Caesar's last post.

6. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Gah:facepalm Sorry about that.

7. fontisian

So, Caesar probably isn't knowingly aligned with Stojil or Probellum. Good to know.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Also, for those who don't know it:

The Garcia Rule - Don't answer questions that are directed at a person before they can answer. This should probably be enshrined in the etiquette guide or something, because it's important.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I'll answer in a min, eating dinner.

10. fontisian

Hey Typhon, what do you think of Aek?

11. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

I'm just gonna check in. I'll read the thread later when I get more time (probably around lunchtime).

12. fontisian

One bit of mechanics based stuff: There's a fair chance that the assassin is scum, so don't roleclaim or even drop breadcrumbs without a good reason, please.

13. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Assassin as scum? Where are you getting that info from font? I thought that aside from acolyte and priest, all other roles can flip either scum/town based on RNG. Why would assassin get a higher chance?

Also, is there soup in this setup?

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

There isn't any soup, but that still doesn't mean people should roleclaim willy nilly.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Alright I've returned. Caesar looks good atm, polite but semi aggressive. I feel like Aek/Typh talking about the Lynch mechanics is pointless, but I can't really say that considering I hammered twice last game >.> Wetnurse's comments read weird, asking about soup and role revealing made me blink.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Expect a response within a few hours. I have a calculus assignment due at midnight, (3 hours for me), so that takes precedence. Definitely well respond before I sleep.

---------- Post automerged at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Will* /ten chars

17. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

My opinion is Moridin's suggestion has some value but it is limited. I'd personally wait and refrain from rashly lynching somebody until that person has had adequate time to respond, but hampering an early lynch when it has majority? Sounds a little silly to me.

18. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

My comments read weird? Lucky, please clarify.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, finished up. Now to Aek:

I have in my QT that his post was the sort of thing a player would say to try and cement his towniness early, because that's the same view that most of the stronger players here espouse. It was the first post that read as grasping for town cred to me.

Still, as I said in my post, one of my flaws has been under voting, and, as a fan of vote analysis, I can't argue with his point that more votes means more info.

So yeah, overall? Meh at best. I'd say maybe even a slight scum lean. We have that post that, regardless of my misgivings about my playstyle, just feels wrong to me, an explanation of the Garcia rule, two questions without any follow-up (addendum; not positive he's been on since they answered. Regardless, asking those particularly people those questions seems random), and a post to point out he's familiar with the set-up. It just seems like a veneer of activity to hide that he pushed the popular opinion when he got the chance and had failed to make a substance post since.

Before I go to sleep, though, Zeit's latest post is curious. To be clear, you're backing the idea of purposely reaching a supermajority and ending the day?

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Wet, I think font is simply saying that it is worthwhile to keep your role close to your chest, as the assassin has a slight less than 30% chance to be a witch. That's good enough odds (in their favor) that we should try to keep from being obvious.

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If the assassin is scum, there's a pseudo-soup mechanism that he can use upon his death. That's what Fonti was getting at, presumably.

I want to respond to Zeit but fuck it, that topic's been played out.

Fontisian's had a flurry of activity, and while a lot of that's been random stuff, there's not that much analysis. Most of what content is there is directed towards asking other people stuff. #44 end is the exception. I also don't like #47, fwiw. Something like that strikes me as more of a QT musing, and putting it in here on pre-D1 given a barely-there connection just rubs me the wrong way.

I liked #43. Suitably aggressive and probing. Caesar is tentatively town.

Aekiel, other than #9, has also been asking for opinions more than giving them.

Lucky just hammered the Medic (me) on IRC, so I'm not feeling particularly charitable there :p. He echoes what I've thought about Caesar in #55 but hasn't really said much else of note. He's right insofar as #53 goes, though.

Wetnurse #53 feels weird for some reason, probably because he kind of misunderstood what Fonti was saying, and seemed to be somewhat clumsily encouraging role hints.

Dermon hasn't really said much, but given his inexperience and the nature of this pregame that's understandable, I guess. I would expect more of mechanics discussion from a new player, though, but w/e.

Bill is cryptic as ever, hasn't really said anything other than a generic caution against roledropping at #54, and asking about Dermon's experience in the beginning.

Typhon's #14 was basically #8 + #9, so I have to agree with (someone who said something I think) about it there. Straddling the line without actually saying anything anyone would disagree with. #59 is better, as it basically says what I wanted to say to Zeit, and includes some aggression towards Aekiel (still not particularly decisive though).

Probellum, again, hasn't really said anything other than a mild comment against Fonti for her Dermon remark.

Stoljij has also not said anything real yet, although I did find this funny:

Aggressiveness will get better if you can't be fucked to play? :colbert:

Zeitgeist returns to the lynch thing, not going there. Nothing else said.

Kalas says nothing.

Rubicon says nothing but asks other people who they'd vote for. I'd be interested in hearing his own response to that question.

For now,

Zombie vote: Bill Door

What are your (Bill's) opinions on Fontisian, Aekiel and Typhon so far?