1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Extension

I was under under the impression that you could only extend the day once, but in case I'm wrong, there it is. I'm going to be hard pressed to make another real post by our current deadline, so yeah.

2. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Well, it was the question on soup and the misinterpretation of font's thoughts on the Assassin in #53 that first pinged my radar- it read sort of like what others (Moridin, I think) were accusing Lucky of: preemptively establishing a reputation as a derp. His naked vote on you exacerbated my problems with him. (His explanation of it as RVS wasn't entirely satisfactory due to us having pregame to get that out of our systems.) The fact that his posts are "basically empty" doesn't help his case either.

(At the moment he's in the "requires close scrutiny" category.)

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Probellum has been tunneling on Moridin for bad & hypocritical reasons. The early read wall was not great, but Probellum is trying to say it was bad because he did it so early: If anything, that's +town because Moridin was trying to move the conversation along and create content. I do not like his wishy-washy backtracking reasons for switching to you in #170 (opportunist?). Additionally, his play style is very different from his last game, which could suggest a different alignment.

I did not like his defense of Luckylee's derp. Luckylee randomly declaring that he realized he "looks pretty fucking bad" after re-reading the thread pinged as possible scum self-awareness.

Wetnurse asking about soup looked fake (as though he were attempting a town tell - in the middle of a discussion about the Assassin it's hard to imagine he needed to *ask* this), and I agree with whoever said he seemed to deliberately misinterpret what fontisian said about the Assassin to try to make her look bad. I note that you just called him town for this, which strikes me as odd.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Catching up.

Bullshit. Asking "What were you trying to get out of voting Caesar" gives almost nothing away and your actual questions about the gamestate were so vague that they're useless.

I stand corrected.

How exactly do they look dodgy?

Reasons. Share them.

Said Aekiel as he was voting for Typhon.

Yes and no. This isn't complicated Stojil.

Which ones should be higher or lower, and why are they "interesting"?

How is his ranking out of whack and what things deserve to be on the list?

The rest of this post should make the answer pretty clear.

"Font, Sesc and Bill Door aren't exactly scummy, but they might be scum." Lovely.

I don't think I've ever wanted to lynch Stojil on Day 1 before.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Could you explain it?

How was post 130 a legitimate follow up when he did it because of my prompting?

My irl time with Dermon says he's not a sociopath. Probably. I do feel like you're underestimating him though.

Stop it with the "everyone's scum" bullshit, and give us some scum reads. You'll notice that even though I wrote "everyone is scum" in my qt during the last game, I still tried to figure out the game.

I am well rested, and I still feel like this whenever I look at that argument.

That's a weak reason to justify three of your four scum reads.

Said Luckylee as he was voting for Aekiel.

---------- Post automerged at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

This is why I shouldn't post before I'm done writing up everything.

To clarify: I don't like Aekiel and I'm ok with lynching him today. I would prefer to lynch Mori or Stojil, but neither seem to be happening.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Aekiel starts of with a random, soft question at Zeit, then votes Zeit but never follows up. He says Zeit is likely scum but moves his vote off him. Every time he posts his read on Zeit it seems to get less scummy without Zeit actually doing anything.

Then there's this:
    That last line is just like wut? Zeit then votes for Aekiel with iffy reasoning after I call them out on it.

I wanna lynch one then the other.

6. fontisian

How exactly have I been "a bit odd"?

Mori. Take a random wishy-washy readwall, add in some bullshit answers and scum reads based almost solely on activity, and you have yourself a scum.

How is Bill Door not afriad of anything?

Could you clarify what you meant by the third sentence? What parts of Sesc's case did you agree with?

Why can't it be a null read?

What are Mori's scummiest and towniest posts in your eyes?

Why does it read like a town argument?

That is not what happened.

Why didn't you like it?

---------- Post automerged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Bill Door: What do you think of Aek's read of Zeit in his readwall?

7. Bill Door

Aekiel, Zeitgeist, Stojil + Sesc. I only think Stojil and Sesc are scum as a pair so I'm counting them as one read.

8. fontisian

Which comments specifically?

Some clarification on this would be appreciated.

This reads like you're voting Typhon to protect Aekiel. Why don't you like Typhon and why are you unhappy with the Aekiel wagon?

---------- Post automerged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Ok, I think that's everything. I don't even want to touch the Stojil/Sesc argument right now.

9. Bill Door

Aek's read of Zeit has went from scummy enough to vote, to likely scum(post #127) to now a slight scum lean in his readwall. His read makes no sense given that Zeit hasn't done anything to lower his likelihood to be scum, or anything at all.

---------- Post automerged at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

That was my answer to this.

10. fontisian

Dermon and Wetnurse: Get in here and vote.

11. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I can see that I guess. From Town, They can give scum a clue of who people suspect, so they can set up a decoy to get Lycnhed and from Scum, they usually have a lot of misinformation.

The "I Don't expect to find anything" comment was because the the comment made by Fonti was innocuous enough, that I really only expected it to be a genuine comment from one player to the other in regard to how they play. But it still rose a small flag, so I decide I'd keep an eye out there, and so far, haven't seen anything.

For the rest of it...well, I've got no excuse, besides the fact that I'm still fairly new. I'm trying to be more aggressive then I was the last time I played and I guess it just hasn't worked out for me. And I was recognizing that and getting frustrated, so I backtracked a couple times. I've probably made a lot of people highly suspicious of me and I'm fairly sure it's something I can't change. So I'm pretty much just waiting for, what I assume to be an inevitable Lynch. While I wait, I hope to at least do what I can to figure out who the Scum are and try and help my fellow townies.

I'd like to note, that your readwall strikes me as an attempt to try and move people off of you, by giving them a juicier target.

[QUOTE+"Fonti"]Which comments specifically[/QUOTE]
    "For crying out loud man. Why is everyone in this game allergic to scumhunting? It wasn't freaking launching a bandwagon it was putting some damn pressure on you." -From Aek to Zeit

At the time, struck me as scummy, because any alleged Scumhunting he(Aek) had done, was vague and weak. He also hasn't done much if it himself, or he hadn't at the time. I don't think he's done much more from then, either.

"Seriously though, if people can't get an idea of what I'm thinking by who I'm asking what, are you even looking at my posts?" -From the same post

This read a scummy to me, because, no, we don't know exactly what you're thinking and even if we can assume, we sometimes need clarification.

There was also a comment to Bill_Door, iirc, about why he always attacks him on D1, or something to that effect. Kind of reminded of how Lexi acted when she was about to be lynched in Micro Mafia.

So, I derped and the reason I couldn't remember why I thought Kalas was scummy was because I somehow confused him for Rubicon in my head. I kept going back to Kalas' posts and couldn't find/remember why I had thought he was scum, so I kind of said "Screw It," and just put him in my read list as scum.

And I think Rubicon is scum for his reticence in giving any scum-reads. His "Everyone is scum to me," was really frustrating, much as everyone has already said.

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

err, fake edit:

12. fontisian

Probellum: Thanks. I see what you mean about those quotes and in Aekiel's response to Bill Door.

For what it's worth, this is probably the most genuine thing I've read in the thread.

That's a bit weird. What is your read of Kalas, then?

13. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Ideally, I'd like us to lynch Zeit today and I would have pushed for that if I'd been around. Of the two most likely lynchees, I consider Typhon to be scummier due to his fence-sitting in the early game, his late hopping onto the super majority debate, the contrast in his reads of Rubicon and Kalas in #99 and a general gut feeling that his posts look town rather than feel town.

Aekiel, while far from the towniest town to ever town, (the shift away from Zeit for no apparent reason was particularly noteworthy) generally seems more towny to me. His exasperation re: lack of scumhunting and Bill Door attacking him felt genuine to me. Read wall was decent (not stellar). Finally, both Zeit and Typhon are on his wagon, which makes me leery.

14. fontisian

Ah. What do you think of Aek's interactions with Zeit that Bill Door pointed out?

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Honestly? Nullish with a slight town lean. He wasn't doing much until poked by Stojil. After his christmas party, he made comments about Typhon and Wetnurse. After that, there's been his defense of his response to Stojil's question, a couple pokes at people (Mainly Typhon, iirc) and pointing out some potentially scummy actions of others.

The only worrisome thing I can see, is that he never really continues with any pressure on Wetnurse.

---------- Post automerged at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I'd also like to say I'm a tad worried we've already had 3 extensions for D1.

16. Bill Door

Using extensions on Day 1 isn't bad. It should be the longest day as it has the most players and we have no starting base to work from.

17. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Presume you mean these posts-

Like I said, Zeit appearing to gradually slip off Aek's scumdar for no reason is noteworthy and a large mark in the Scum!Aek column. The quoted Zeit post is terribad but seems to indict Zeit more than Aek to me. The interactions are strange and Aek is probably worth a closer examination. I would still rather lynch Zeit or Typhon today.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The only comment I'll make on Zeit at the moment is that it would be a terrible idea for me to comment on him.

19. fontisian

I read through the first Day and a half of Mini Mafia 3 (where you were town) and you used significantly more decisive language. So no, that is not just how you talk generally.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Extension used. Day has about 8 hours and 8 minutes remaining as of this post.

Votals n shit coming in like 2 hours, on phone ATM.