1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Excellent. In this case, I can try to make a tl;dr a couple hours before the day ends. For clarity's sake, I'm okay with an Aekiel or Zeitgeist lynch. Zeitgeist is contributing far less, but an Aekiel lynch would be far more informative so far as connections go.

Okay, I'm out.

2. Caesar

Caesar First Year

You're aware there is no roleflip on death, right?

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Again with the non-scumhunting mindset shining through.

It really seems clear to me that you either can't read or you're faking it. But I'm going to consider the possibility I'm not making myself clear, so... Bill Door, would you say Rubicon answered that question in a satisfying manner or not? Also, would you say there are more questions I asked him and that he has yet to answer or not?

At this point in time, I have to think you're either scum or thick. Since you never struck me as such an idiot in earlier games, I'm going with scum.

So you wouldn't expect someone to rectify their honest mistake after being called out on it?

Dermon, would you agree with this?

#1 should be lower because it's softer than #2, #3 and #6 (which should be higher). #4 should be lower. #9 should be higher. The interesting ones are #15, #16 and #18 and they are interesting because I had sort-of-skimmed over the quoted statements and when I checked, I found myself agreeing with Kalas' possible interpretations.

#5 doesn't belong in the five scummiest things I had (or anyone should have had) at that point of the game. It's far from a good post, but so scummy as to be in the top 5? Not even close. #1 and #3 should be lower in (or maybe just out of) the ranking. #4 should be higher. Your post "so you're unaligned with blabla" should be in. Zeitgeist's post "the most suspected players in thread are blabla, I'm gonna wait some more before considering voting for one of them" should be in. Wetnurse's post "Assassin? Soup? Where am I? What's happening here?" should be in.

*sigh*

Kai should seriously consider changing the title into "Witchhunt Game 3 - Where Players Can't Read or They Act Like They Can't".

"fontsian, Sesc and Bill Door didn't have scummy reactions to Moridin's readwall, but I can see them react like that as scum". That's how you read it, fontisian. Scum doesn't always act scummy, you know? Also, I was asked a pretty specific question which you ignore for some reason in your oversimplification.

Anyway, it's pretty late. I'll be around some more and I'll try to be here for the deadline, but I need some sleep in between.

Luckylee justified his lurking early on by saying there wasn't much to comment on or something. Then he reappears after lurking some more, gives what amounts to one-liners about a couple of things and disappears again.

Zeitgeist, when he graces us with his presence, is ignoring everything happening.

Wetnurse is basically not playing.

I'd be perfectly fine with any of their lynch, plus Rubicon (my favorite), Kalas and Aekiel's. I hope something interesting has moves in Rubicon's direction when I wake up.

4. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Fontisian:
    I'm trying to say that at that point in the thread, Moridin had just posted his readwall, and been attacked for it by a good portion of the playerbase. After reading that, I assume that he would naturally have Moridin on his mind.
    The analysis that he posts is good, as for the legitimacy of it, he could have withheld it in order to see how other people would comment on it, or who would be first to ask him for analysis. Ultimately, I don't know, as both of those conditions would require me to be inside of Stojil's head, which I am not.
    What prompted you to comment that I'm being underestimated? Are there any specific things that I have done which make you feel that I'm being competent?

Sesc:
    Why do you discount the interaction between you and Stojil as being inconsequential? It looks to me like you're trying to redirect scrutiny away from the two of you.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm not saying that he did the most helpful thing, but it was not what I would have expected from someone on a scumteam with you or Proudboar. Clear? Lovely. Not stop rewording the same question every time I answer it.

9 was Dermon's question, correct? Why should it be higher?

Really, you agreed with this interpretation?
    Bill Door was soft!defending Mori so I asked for his opinion on one of Mori's posts, and Kalas aparently took that to mean I wanted him to echo my own opinions. This intrepretation was bull, as you should have realized.
    Fair enough.

Alright. What does that tell you about Bill Door?

No Stojil. You said:
    in response to Aekiel's question about worlds where Moridin is scum or town.
    "fontsian, Sesc and Bill Door didn't have scummy reactions to Moridin's readwall, but I can see them react like that as scum," states a straight opinion. "Don't exactly look scummy for how they handled the whole thing" is wishy-washy doubtcasting.

6. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Stojil:
    In that case, I would go back and try to rectify my mistake. Unfortunately, I can't speak for Caesar. Personally, I think that because there was only two minutes between
    and
    Caesar probably thought it best to let the matter drop.
    I think that Font's musing would have been better left in her QT, but knowing how she goes rapid-fire, I don't think it's a scumtell.

7. fontisian

Ah. I think you missed the original point. Stojil's comment was indicative of self-awareness, meaning he was very aware of and interested in the way the rest of the playerbase perceives him.

Yeah, that means that post 130 wasn't a "legitimate follow-up." How is the analysis good?

Rubicon (and a few others) are assuming that because you're new to the game, you would have a lot of difficultly looking towny as scum. I think that's a dangerous assumption since I know you're competent (even if that chest killed you in TOS).

8. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

I like how he followed up on Kalas for lack of analysis of the questionwall. His comments on Bill Door's scum compilation demonstrate his thoughts into Bill Door's manipulation of the scumslips to support his own points. However, not giving us what he thought should be on the list which Bill didn't include rubs me the wrong way. Rubicon hadn't answered yet.

Ow.

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

“I'm sure I've played this scene before, I've seen this room and I've walked this floor”
    -- Lostprophets, Can't Catch Tomorrow

Current Vote Total:

Aekiel (5): Bill Door (#84), Typhon (#99), Luckylee (#120), Zeitgeist (#140), Probellum (#170)
    Typhon (4): Sesc (#72), Aekiel (#107), Kalas (#131), Caesar (#171)
    Moridin (1): Fontisian (#85)
    Rubicon (1): Uncle Stojil (#130)
    Luckylee (1): Moridin (#79)
    Kalas (1): Rubicon (#137)

Abstaining: Dermon, Wetnurse

It requires 8 to lynch, 10 to auto-hammer.

As always, updated information can be found in the status document.

As of this post, Day 1 has 3 hours and 58 minutes remaining.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Wetnurse voted Aekiel (#71)
    Sesc voted Typhon (#72)
    Aekiel voted Zeitgeist (#76)
    Probellum voted Moridin (#77)
    Uncle Stojil voted Fontisian (#78)
    Moridin voted Luckylee (#79)
    Bill Door voted Aekiel (#84)
    Fontisian voted Moridin (#85)
    Caesar voted Zeitgeist (#87)
    Rubicon voted Sesc (#91)
    Dermon voted Sesc (#96)
    Luckylee voted Sesc (#97)
    Typhon voted Aekiel (#99)
    Aekiel voted Typhon (#107) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Luckylee unvoted Sesc (#108)
    Dermon unvoted Sesc (#109)
    Wetnurse unvoted Aekiel (#114)
    Luckylee voted Wetnurse (#116)
    Luckylee unvoted Wetnurse (#118)
    Luckylee voted Aekiel (#120)
    Uncle Stojil voted Rubicon (#130) | Previous Target: Fontisian
    Kalas voted Typhon (#131)
    Rubicon voted Kalas (#137) | Previous Target: Sesc
    Zeitgeist voted Aekiel (#140)
    Probellum voted Aekiel (#170) | Previous Target: Moridin
    Caesar voted Typhon (#171) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

:sigh:

1. "#83 is a strong opening with firm scum reads, reasonable arguments & follow-up questions. He was unmoved by Sesc's crappy response, and continued to pressure him until Sesc actually answered the question, and then he adjusted his reads accordingly. He's pressured other people in an apparently consistent way. His analysis of you is reasonable."

2. Moridin making a deliberate effort to get the game moving at a point when things were pretty sluggish otherwise.

3. Sesc: "You really aren't relevant at the moment, this is wasting thread space. Why are you asking me to explain sentence structures?" & the amusing analysis of his own sentence structures that he posted later.

4. Typhon's analysis of me in #173 struck me as fairly balanced and reasonable for someone on the verge of a lynch, even if I disagree with parts of it. His discomfort at being "soft-defended" by me (which is really not what happened, but whatever) looks townish.

5. Zeitgeist: "I don't want my posts to be emblematic of impetuosity or lack of careful thought." My defense of Zeitgeist is probably the only sincere thing I said in Tiny Hunt (even though my motive then was to not lynch the D.o.B. when he was overly likely to kill my buddy). That he hasn't changed his style at all is probably good because I don't see how he could reasonably expect people to not just try to lynch him again here. Note that this is the weakest "thing" in this list.

Uncle Stojil, now that I've answered all your questions, I'd like you to read Probellum #191 and skim the page leading up to it. Let me know if anything stands out to you.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I'd ask why you (you, pl., for Stojil) want to lynch Aekiel, whose biggest problem is asking too many questions, compared to Typhon's manufactured case, Rubicon's totally-out-there-posts or even Zeitgeist's lurking deLuxe, but given 2/3 of that are exactly the ones voting for him, that's probably a waste of time.

BillDoor and Typhon are still voting Aekiel -- all the way back from pregame!, Luckylee hasn't yet started playing, Zeitgeist ignores everyone and everything, and Probellum votes for people based on who isn't voting for them. That's an awesome list right there.

@Dermon ...nope, I leave that for you to figure out. The argument is there for everyone to read. I just called it what it was. If you consider it useful, reasonable and not at all stupid, congratulations.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Damn it to hell, I missed that. Which is embarrassing, because it's fucking bolded in the rules :facepalm

Okay. That makes things different. Zeitgeist, Lucky, Kalas, and Wetnurse become a much higher lynch priority to me. If you aren't contributing, you're pretty much dead weight. Get in here!

That said, I'll admit in the interest of being candid that my faith in Aekiel's scuminess was flagging, but a re-read kinda reaffirmed it. I'm pretty positive he's scum. If he is town, he's pretty erratic. So yeah, I'd prefer to lynch Zeit or Aekiel, as I said before, or Kalas or Wetnurse or Lucky, for that matter, but without another extension it seems unlikely that anybody besides Aekiel or myself is getting lynched. I know I'm town, so of the two I'd obviously prefer it be him.

And... really, that's about it. I'm about to back in to this party, and I'm probably going to pass out pretty soon. If somebody still wants to use an extension, that'd be great, but it's unlikely that I can make any real contributions before this one times out.

If anybody has a direct question for me, I can try to answer by the deadline.

13. fontisian

Looks like Aek isn't going to bother to answer my questions beyond:
    Unvote
    Vote Aekiel

I'll extend the time if necessary to ensure a lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Actually, I need to sleep. Stojil, since you're on, can you extend the time if we don't have a lynch before the deadline?

---------- Post automerged at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Or Dermon or Sesc. I just need confirmation that someone will make sure we lynch before I pass out.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    :/ If I had more something other than shit one liners I'd give em. Were not exactly getting anywhere, nobody is sure who the want to lynch or if were even going to lynch at this point. If I could change that I happily would because were getting nowhere fast, but I don't have anything to contribute/say atm. People saying post more is understandable and all, but I don't feel like posting useless shit to look more towny.

15. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Ok everyone, let's lynch Luckylee.

1. He hasn't been active throughout the Day (and it's been extended 3 times).
    2. Despite his inactivity, he maintains a vote on Aekiel, which he justifies only by the questions on lynch mechanics feeling “off.”
    3. What does this remind you of?
    4. He continues to make preemptive excuses for behavior that has yet to come, basically attempting to cover his ass in case he scumslips in the future.

Vote: Luckylee

Luckylee, if you're actually participating today, tell me what you think of Aekiel after his recent postings, and why you're still willing (or not) to lynch him.

@Font: I might not be able to do that, I'm nearly asleep at the keyboard myself . . .

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

Oh crap, forgot the bolding:
    Lynch: Luckylee

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 ----------

Also, for some reason it double-posted. I don't know why.

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 ----------

Oh, that's just because I didn't refresh yet.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Well damn, look at me getting ninjaed.
    The question still stands.

16. fontisian

What the fuck Lucky? This is ridiculous, even for you.

What the fuck is "nobody is sure who the want to lynch or if were even going to lynch at this point" supposed to mean? You're voting for Aekiel, the main lynch wagon, right now. Is your vote just there for shits and giggles?

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't looking for your answer that last time.

Because it wasn't a "Reasonable newby question. Very oddly directed." It was a reasonable question, period.

Coming from Caesar at that point and in that context? Yeah.

It's a reasonable assumption, imo.

Beside one thing I don't want to say at the moment, I'm chalking up the divergences to laziness and simply having different opinions on what's scummier.

Based on the discussion about the read-wall. You're ignoring that. Again. It kinda changes a lot.
    "fontsian, Sesc and Bill Door didn't have scummy reactions to Moridin's readwall, but I can see them react like that as scum," states a straight opinion. "Don't exactly look scummy for how they handled the whole thing" is wishy-washy doubtcasting.[/QUOTE]

No. It's precisely the same.

"don't exactly look scummy for how they handled the whole thing" = "didn't have scummy reactions to Moridin's readwall"

"but I can see them react like that as scum" = "but I can see them reacting like they did as scum with that context"

Unless you think that "exactly" and "with that context" are what make it wishy-washy doubtcasting.

Now consider what you suggested and tried to put in my mouth:

"Font, Sesc and Bill Door aren't exactly scummy, but they might be scum."

and tell me how you were proposing a fair assessment while I altered my original post.

Why do you consider them town stuff?

Fucking finally. >_>

His supposed belief that a lynch was coming when nothing of the sort was in sight about it.

Ever heard of the phrase "you guys"? :rolleyes:

Will do. That said,

Unvote
    Lynch Vote: Luckylee

Let's see if this goes somewhere, eh, Lucky?

It's unacceptable/unrealistic/unreal/un...possible that you can't find anything to talk about.

18. fontisian

Fuck it, there are enough people viewing the thread to make sure a lynch happens. Don't screw up like the last game.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    If I didn't want to lynch him I would've unvoted, which should be obvious? Aek has had like 2 post since my last that still haven't convinced me not to Lynch him, a readwall stating he thinks Moridin is scummy for basically doing the same thing he just did, but isn't sure. He doesn't like Typhon for attacking with caution but does the same exact thing to Moridin, saying he has the scummiest and towniest post :/ Aek still looks bad to me and I'm cool with lynching him.

20. fontisian

Thanks. Too tired to care about the rest.