1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hi guys. The next extend token will be for 24 hours.

Moridin pm'd me saying he unexpectedly has no Internet until the 31st. I'll pm wetnurse to see what's up once home.

Has anyone else not posted today ?

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

If by today, you actually mean today then I haven't. I caught a cold, I'm only now starting to feel reasonable again :s

I'll get to that look into yesterday @Stojil. I wanted to do that anyway. What's the deadline, anyway?

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I didn't say you said that, and I'm not voting for you with that reason in mind, but you imply it strongly when you base your reads on the reads of uninformed townies.

Should be in 40 hours, now. Get better and stuff.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Of Stojil's scumreads, who do you think is most likely to be scum? (Basically, I want you to analyze Stojil's scumreads, since you brought the topic up.)

Alright. Zeit, what you're doing, in essence, is refusing to play the game. Scumhunting is a townie's number one objective, as surviving is a scum's objective. There is no other way to win the game. If you're town, by refusing to scumhunt and passive aggressively attacking everyone who attacks you, you are failing your main objective, and if you're scum, you're harming your main objective by persuading people to lynch you.

I don't know if you're doing this because you genuinely believe it's an ok thing to do or because you're scum trying to avoid the limelight and making connections to your teammates, but considering how useless your behavior is, I'm more than happy to lynch you. So, attack someone. Try to convince us of your scumreads. Yes, there are fair odds you'll be wrong. That's part of the game too, and the scumhunting process, with all of its risks of mislynchs, is what makes the game worth playing.

Anyway, your statement is misreping the previous Day. I would have prefered to lynch Moridin yesterDay, and I only started pushing to lynch Aekiel when it was clear that wasn't going to happen.

You're saying that you skimmed over the majority of the thread. Can you understand why I find that concerning?

The implication is that in a town!Aek world, Sesc and Zeit are more likely to be town because Aek had favorable views of them. Do you agree with Aek's reasoning behind his reads?

I see Mori in the thread. Looking forward to hearing from him.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sorry font, won't be posting until tomorrow (say 28 hours from now). If that's too long I'll need to be replaced, I understand. I just don't have the ability to work through the thread at current net levels. I can only post now because I'm out and in an area with find phone network, and am skimming the thread. Extensive reading in a car will make me nauseous though.

Again sorry for my absence.

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

What is your question? And you have no response to my post? Surely, I am not the only person who has noticed your attempts to preemptively rationalise potentially Witchlike behaviour, in addition to your bandwagonning votes furnished without any real reason other than "whatever the other people said, I agree with that".

Oh, you mean this question? I've already addressed my reasons for suspecting Kalas in #344. Namely, Kalas implies a nefarious connection between me and Probellum without any real justification, as he stealthily posts only when the moment is opportune for a bandwagon. That sort of behaviour strikes me as opportunistic. And your insistence on protecting Kalas in intriguing, to say the least.

And once more, my dear, you attempt to steer the conversation onto another safe lynch-target when Stojil makes a post which assuages some pressures off me. Essentially, your predatory behaviour reminds me of a Witch-in-sheep's-clothing. Unless you're a holy villager, which I highly doubt, your posts are emblematic of something more sinister, at least in my opinion. Of course, I could be wrong; my scumhunting is awfully terrible, and doubt still lingers on, but my visceral instincts tell me that you are hiding something.

I voted for Aekiel because I am an imbecile with a faulty scumdar. Wetnurse, to his credit, refrained from more vituperative urges and did not participate in the lynching of a probable townsperson. While that fact does not townfirm him entirely, it does soften my views of him.

I am reading at the moment. Personally, I'd like for him to post soon so that I can get a more definitive read.

Oh, I definitely believe in scumhunting. If you don't lynch, you cannot win. However, what I do not trust is my ability to accurately discern Witches from Townspeople. From my illustrious history of misfiring, I am disheartened at my poor scumhunting which actually resulted in the deaths of innocents. To clarify, I am hesitant to follow my own judgment for that very reason. I mean, Aekiel's lynch exemplifies it: I believed that he was a potential Witch and now, we discover that he is probably a townsperson. That makes me feel awfully.

All I know with an iota of certainty is that I'm a townsperson. Everything else, I am uncertain. But I guess I will have to believe in my own abilities more. Hopefully, my luck is not godawful and Luckylee is in fact a bona fide Witch.

I've addressed this in the above paragraph. Also, you are paired with Luckylee in my tentative scumlist. Your bandwagonning and stealth-bomber tactics does not endear you to the Town's ennobled cause at all. Vira, it is possible that you are a Witch?

[​IMG]

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think Zeitgeist seems town, honestly.

I am full of Why questions in this game.

Why are more people not voting Kalas? I mean, holy shit.

Why does Zeitgeist have like a zillion votes on him?

Why has Wetnurse not been replaced?

Why is Sesc still tunneling?

Why does Stojil not know his Pixar characters?

So.

Zeitgeist, are you up for a Kalas lynch? If not, I'll join you on lucky.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Kalas: third time is the charm, I guess. What about the Dermon/TyphVira connection?

Do you think scum is all on Aekiel's bandwagon?

This:

Vs. this:

Which one is it? Are you hesitant because your scumdar fails you and doesn't ping at real scum, or are you diffident because your accusations on real scum didn't get anyone lynched but you? Is your "history" one of mislynching or getting mislynched? In b4 "both". Lol no.

Nice gifs, though.

Since you're "full of it": why? ;)

We're at join or die, huh? That's pretty scummy.

9. KaiDASH

"Lost time is never found again.”

-- Benjamin Franklin​

Current Vote Total:

Zeitgeist (4): Vira (#327), Sesc (#328), Caesar (#332), Probellum (#338)
    Bill Door (2): Fontisian (#342), Uncle Stojil (#356)
    Probellum (1): Kalas (#341)
    Kalas (1): Rubicon (#307)

Abstaining: Zeitgeist, Bill Door, Dermon, Luckylee, Moridin, Typhon, Wetnurse

It requires 8 to lynch, 10 to auto-hammer.

As always, updated information can be found in the status document.

As of this post, Day 2 has 12 hours and 28 minutes remaining.

Also a reminder that the next extension token used will be for 24 hours rather than 8.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Uncle Stojil voted Luckylee (#289)
    Rubicon voted Kalas (#307)
    Sesc voted Vira (#324)
    Vira voted Zeitgeist (#327)
    Sesc voted Zeitgeist (#328) | Previous Target: Vira
    Uncle Stojil voted Zeitgeist (#330) | Previous Target: Luckylee
    Caesar voted Zeitgeist (#332)
    Probellum voted Zeitgeist (#338)
    Kalas voted Probellum (#341)
    Fontisian voted Bill Door (#342)
    Uncle Stojil unvoted Zeitgeist (#347)
    Uncle Stojil voted Bill Door (#356)

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You might not have said it but Caesar did, and you clearly are voting for me with that in mind.

---------- Post automerged at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Zeitgeist is using a disturbing amount of big words and has possibly set a record for most adjectives in a single post.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The timer is wrong, I think.

Nope. I'm voting for you because your answer to my question reads too stupid to be true, which makes me think you were using it for something else. The fact you're not answering fontisian's question or commenting on Caesar's points against you doesn't help you either.

12. KaiDASH

I don't think it is: It's using the same link as my previous timer and nobody has used their extend token since then to make the day longer.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=685244&postcount=325

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    My question to you Zeit, why is Kalas your highest scum read? Show your work, every post with a sarcastic pic / NOU MUST BE SCUM FOR TARGETING ME AS I AM SO OBVIOUSLY TOWN, is infuriating. Build a case.

On another note, Kai isn't registering my votes, someone mind telling me how to bold red font? Thanks.

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Ah, sorry. I thought that in your last post you meant you were already extending the day for 24 additional hours. Alright, then. Less than 6 hours to go. I'll be around for them.

You bold it normally, like with the default font (the "B" button or Ctrl+b).

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Stojil: Wasn't sure what you were talking about then went back and reread. Dermon and TyphVira should also be watched closely, not also having a connection.

16. Sesc

So, Aekiel. Turns out I said most stuff already when I tried to convince you not to lynch him. This one's updated, though, and also contains everyone's favourite thing, questions.

BillDoor's vote was a "say some stuff"-vote, that somehow or other subsequently and without further notice became a "lynch this scum guy" (sic)-vote. Explanation as to why came only afterwards, and only after prompting, which basically covers the rest of his posts too. Precious metals in inert gas show more reaction. There's nothing at all happening of his own volition.

Literally the only reason BillDoor isn't at the top of my lynch list is that I pointed out the same thing last game, when he was Town.

Also @BillDoor, what happened to your Stojil/me scum team, and is there now also a fontisian/me scumteam? Also also, what happened with "I wanna lynch one then the other." (#185), and why, in that case, is your vote not on Zeitgeist since one minute after Day started?

I maintain that Typhon's vote is flimsy, and that he never delivered any other reason than the one that he stated during pregame, essentially making his vote one that discounts anything and everything to happen in the thread since then. I disliked his analysis of Rubicon's post for reasons I can't quite pin down (for reference, that's, #173, maybe others have more luck), and it also doesn't help that Lurking-Vira replaced him >_>

Luckylee is a lazy bum that needs a kick in the selfsame to get off just that. "I don't like D1" was the most ridiculous thing in the game till "I feel reticence in having to push for a lynch", otherwise I didn't feel like reading through his 50 non-posts, so he gets a standard-Luckylee-Town-classification. If my head's not hurting tonight, I'll try to read his posts then.

Zeitgeist isn't playing the game, so I don't really feel much inclination to spend time reading his posts -- he lurked for most of Day 1, gave a lukewarm reasoning to lynch Aekiel, and now he cbf to have an opinion on anything. It's "everyone is scum"-Rubicon in reverse. Also, spit out the Shakespeare.

What struck me most about Probellum was his massive, off-base perception of the game -- "many suspicious people on the bandwagon" was the reason not to vote for Aekiel, not the reason not to vote for Typhon. Excusing a Mafia read on Kalas with confusing him with Rubicon is pretty meh. Also @Probellum, on that note, what happened to you preferring to lynch Rubicon and Moridin, and why are you pushing neither (not now, and actually not really then either)?

And finally, I had the hardest time to get a grasp on fontisian, and I'm still not sure about her, which in itself is odd. Is there anyone else here who feels she's different from usual? There's a few posts that feel genuinely her (#216 is a true fontisian :p), and others where she appears to be more moderating the game (directing questions, clarifying things) than actually doing stuff herself.

I also decided I disliked the unaligned pair thing (I think someone asked me that, at one point), at least the way it was presented. And I realised just now that Typhon's rationale to vote for Aekiel came after a her prompt.

So basically, the little things are stacking. @fonti: How do you feel about Typhon's analysis of Rubicon's post?

----

TL;DR: BillDoor, Typhon/Vira. Also Rubicon from those not voting for Aekiel. Giving Vira more time to do stuff annoys me, but I guess it can't be helped, so I'm happy with a BillDoor lynch.

Zeitgeist and Luckylee can always be a justified lynch, which is a problem, because a default lynch is the easy way out for Mafia. I basically disliked the Zeitgeist wagon 10 seconds after I had put my vote there, for that reason.

Fontisian and Probellum are floating around the middle of the suspicious scale somewhere, the former to my surprise, the latter not so much.

Rescind Vote

Vote: BillDoor

17. Sesc

... and I just realised I skipped Dermon and Stojil, because Kai put them into a new line in his final tally. Lol.

Maybe after dinner. Though the result will probably be that Dermon comes in around somewhere Probellum is, and Stojil is more Town than not, so in any way, it doesn't change my feelings for a lynch.

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nothing on me Sesc?

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Kalas you're doing that thing where you say very little except succinct, two sentence responses to questions after people force you to answer. Could you stop doing that thing? Or not, since if you don't it will be easier for me to convince people to lynch you. That could be better.

well I already pointed out one or two reasons, but his most recent posts esp. the pressure on Lucky and the "ultimately I have failed because I have allowed you, a witch, to lynch me, an innocent townsperson" or whatever he said, plus the humor. That's not the sort of thing I want to lynch.

Also, have you noticed his writing style? I'm pretty sure there's a reason for it, or at least, a reason for parts of it.

Deadline extensions, but I would definitely like for more people to vote scum w/ me.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    We don't have a lynch yet with two hours remaining, this is disappointing.

Can someone extend the day? I've already used my extension.