1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Actually I never said you didn't want to Lynch anyone in any of my post. I said you were unwilling to contribute, and now you finally have. As for franticness? Not really sure what you're talking about. Elaborate please. Considering it's pretty unlikely I'll be lynched at this point, who would you rather lynch Zeit, BD or Rubi?

@Rubi, Vira has been right here, but until recently she hasn't posted much and was lurky. I don't really have anything I wanna ask her atm.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Alright, guys. My time is very limited. I should be able to post one more time before shit hits the fan here in Italy, but after that I can pretty much garantee you that I either won't post or, worse, won't post sober.

I like the fact that most lurkers or quasi-lurkers woke up a little. Rubicon is scummy as fuck, but his case on Kalas is more than reasonable since, you know, Kalas is scummy as fuck as well.

Rescind
    Lynch Vote: Kalas

At this time he's my favourite lynch, but hey, don't worry, I would be happy to kill with sharp rocks pretty much everyone in the thread, so in an hour it could easily be someone else. Right now, the order would be something like this:

Kalas>Bill>Rubicon>Zeit>Sesc>Lucky>fontisian>Caesar>Vira>Dermon>Probellum

which is not exactly a ranking on scumminess but it's close enough. I'll be back in a few hours.

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Oh, by the way, this got me. :D

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Stojil, how is that supposed to work? Are you saying you see any reasonable world where both Rubicon and Kalas are Mafia?

Because if you don't, you have to decide who is, and though I agree that Kalas does his very best to float along doing as little as possible, the single reason I'm not going to vote for him right now is that Rubicon wants me to.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I thought it was clear by... well, everything in my post that I have decided that Kalas is worse than Rubicon right now, in my eyes. And if I had to not vote for someone simply because a scummy player is voting for them, I would have to avoid all bandwagons and try to form a new one. I doubt that would be a useful thing at this point in time.

Kai, could I have a vote-count when you can, please?

Moridin, I see you browsing the thread. How's your internet connection going?

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Stojil, back and going good. I'm going through the thread proper and will post in a bit. For now,

I was going to ask Sesc why he found Rubicon so scummy, but on a reread (well, first proper read <_<) #386 jumped out at me. Is it just me, or is that post super bad? It doesn't really read like a town post at all, trying to find the most scummy, but rather 'who can we lynch easiest'. Not really the kind of post that should come after an extension. I think Sesc touched on that, but nobody else seems to have.

#419 is a pretty good post, with some decent reasoning, though. Kalas-focused almost in entirety, so it's not as reassuring as it could have been. I'll have to reread to see which one of the two looks worse (or neither, I guess).

Ruckyree is marginally better from D1, most of his posts have been prodding Zeitgeist though and that's a fairly easy wagon (admittedly mostly because Zeit made it one). Better than D1 though. I'll take another look at him.

Not entirely sure how Zeitgeist is still alive, but w/e. I'll take a closer look at his latest post soon.

More incoming as I finish reading the thread closely.

7. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, I just got back from my lat Lumbar Puncture and Chemotherapy treatment (Yay!) and feel like more crap then I felt like earlier. (Booooo) I'm gonna go back to sleep for now and catch up tomorrow.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    The day will be over by tomorrow PB so thats entirely useless. :/ Are we gonna be able to come to an agreement today on who to lynch?

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Come on, guys, eleven hours till lynch.

It's Rubicon or Bill Door, right now. I'm not interested in voting for Kalas.

10. Moridin

#292 Lucky going after Wetnurse early D2 smacks of trying not to be the lynch target once again. Lurking is scummy, sure, but was Wetnurse lurking or genuinely out of action? The latter can and often does (<_<) have an explanation, even if Wetnurse does seem to warrant a replacement or modkill by this time.

#305 by Bill is weird for several reasons. That one's been gone into thoroughly enough, I guess.

#307 is the beginning of Rubicon's Kalas wagon. His justification post mostly dwelt on D1, so I guess it's plausible enough, although it is suspicious that it took him so long to frame something that he apparently had been thinking about for a while.

#309 I have no idea what happened when Lucky was trying to quote, but the post in question isn't really all that much in terms of usefulness, really.

#310 I'd actually be quite interested in hearing how Zeit looks better in a town-Aekiel world. Where exactly did Aekiel say he had a town read on Zeit? This is a bad post in general, especially the placement of Lucky, Probellum and Font on there for their 'positions in the middle of the bandwagon', which renders them scummy or towny depending on Aekiel's alignment. That's just weird.

Rubicon continues to remain in the thread and respond to others.

#326 seems to be a bug, as it somehow bypasses the DLP 10char limit (probably some sort of wraparound).

4 posts, 4 Zeit votes, counting Lucky's.

#331 NOU. The easier ones, at that.

#341 begins with a very strange misinterpretation, as Rubicon points out. Vote also isn't really accompanied by any pressure, then or after, except for one post where he's replying to Probellum in single liners.

#342 Font pops in. I've generally liked her posts so far, and this one is no exception.

#344 is a pain to read, but nothing in particular jumps out. Well, one thing does. Fontisian is on his town list, yet he goes on to pressure her for having 'helped orchestrate a lynch against a most probably confirmed townsperson'. NOUs for the sake of putting them there at this point, honestly.

#348 is a good analysis, Caesar's been townish this game and raises some good points about Bill.

#349 is weird for reasons that Stojil (#353) and Font point out.

#360 reads like an attempt to distance himself from his earlier post.

#367 Why does Rubicon think Zeit is town? Why would people vote Kalas? Why wouldn't Zeit have votes on him? Another 'compromise' attempt from Rubicon, which once again looks like he's pushing for a lynch more than looking for scum. In a game with the Extension mechanic, regardless of how you feel about such a thing, that's hardly responsible town behaviour.

#378 is rather odd, honestly, given Sesc was obviously analysing the Aekiel wagon, and in any case why would Kalas be interested in opinions on himself? Scummy.

#381 not sure how more time is a bad thing - as Vira points out, a lynch is incredibly unlikely at that stage given the momentum. Especially since Rubicon was apparently writing his Kalas case up at this point.

#386 actually reads... well, not okay, but slightly better when given some context. Still pretty scummy, though.

#409 brings into question just why Bill would want Aekiel townfirmed after all, since apparently he only agrees with one of his reads, and that's all that really matters.

#411 has zero pressure for a scumhunt, and ends up focusing on nobody in particular.

#419 is a good post in a vacuum, but given Rubicon's other posts (especially #405) it looks really odd. More like something thrown together to push a lynch that was expected to pick up easier than it did, rather than a case that was built for a while.

#420 ends with some strong pressure on Lucky and others, but some parts read really weirdly.

Honestly? The very fact that Rubicon's case against Kalas is so well put together works against him. He'd been voting Kalas for a while, and apparently suspecting him for longer, so it shouldn't have taken him as long as it did to put together considering it's basically a 1-2-3 analysis.

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sesc before Lucky? Why?

._.

Are you voting Zeitgeist because I don't want you to? I'll have to try reverse psychology from now on.

Stojil had just asked me if I'd be willing to vote Bill Door because of the deadline. It's not about 'easiest', but I can't exactly lynch people on my own..

Why not?

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So Moridin who do you want to vote? I've already stated I'm cool with Zeit or Rubi, although Rubi did build a decent case on Kalas. If you hadn't deliberately trolled like that Rubi I'd be far more inclined to vote Kalas. We need consensus, nothing is getting done at all :/

13. Moridin

Zeitgeist (2): Caesar (#332), Probellum (#338)
    Bill Door (2): Fontisian (#342), Sesc (#376)
    Probellum (1): Kalas (#341)
    Kalas (2): Rubicon (#307), Uncle Stojil (#423)
    Rubicon (2): Ruckyree (#396), Vira (#401)
    Ruckyree (1): Zeitgeist (#420)

This should be current.

As such, four possible lynch targets. I'm with Vira in that I'd much rather vote Bill Door or Rubicon than Kalas at this stage. I'm just not comfortable with Rubicon's presentation of the lynch. I should be up before deadline, though, so I'll go into that more thoroughly then. For now, I'm off to sleep, I'm dead tired from travelling.

Lynch Vote: Bill Door

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know what you think you’re doing and it’s not going to work.

The question listing was bullshit and I should never have done it. Some of the things I brought up I felt were addressed in later posts but I'll admit I did fuck it up. I had very limited access and my focus really wasn't on the question wall. You have me there.

See above.

Again above. Gut feeling reads, they were people I felt needed an eye on them. Is the bolded part relevent? Does repeating words actually make a scumtell to you?

Ffs Rubicon this is so bad its making me twinge. To spell this out for you (as it’s the only way it seems to sink in) 99 was bad because he was using my lack of content to justify a townish read on you.

I know how much you need things spelled out for you but if you can bring yourself to look at the voting record you’ll notice I wasn’t the only vote on Typhon. Maybe, just maybe, there’s a reason for that.

That’s what had your panties in a twist. Here’s another thing s-p-e-l-l-e-d out for you Rubicon. I can use the same words to describe things I don’t like. This does not mean there is a connection between the two. Shocker. You also missed the part where Dermon and I did address things.

Could you put a little more spin on this please? When I was very much lurking and people were softballing it? Saying I was ‘quiet’? That was bad. When people try to call me out on BS cause they think they have some things Figured Out? Also bad.

[FONT=&quot]
    • [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That was an attempt at a little mafia education. Didn’t want the question to get misconstrued.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I was objectively scummy, you’re scummy as all hell.. Or it could have been a massive team slip. It happens.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I believe that’s Vira’s read as well. Better mark her down for the scum team.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Oh I’m sorry Rubicon. I didn’t realize what a clear, concise post that was. Please take us through it and show easy it is to derive meaning from.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It reads weirdly because it is the only clear concise thing in the entire post. I have already talked about this. And I know you’re scum but you could at least pretend to understand what’s wrong with the last bit of that post. Or, you know, read what I said about it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If by defend you mean ‘I don’t understand… XYZ’ then sure. Let’s go with that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    • [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]No disagreements here. LL has been chainsawing me, though I suspect more to pressure you/Zeit. What’s hilarious is that this tips your hand.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1: Was genuinely curious. 2/3: Doubtcasting without saying a single thing about the post. Fuck I am good at this game.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

This is me realizing what you’re at.

Counter proposal: Rubicon is scum. He saw LL’s chainsaw and, thinking he’s clever, made some Role conclusions. He then capitalizes on my lacking activity this game to make some sort of play.

Dermon is 99% a teammate as town!Dermon would have been right on/commenting on this wagon as opposed to lurking the thread, reading Rubicon’s post, then leaving without saying a thing. Also the repetition of vague and noncommittal if you read into that sort of thing.

Lynch Vote: Rubicon

Fairly confident in saying Probellum is a teammate as well.
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

---------- Post automerged at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Dat formatting *___*

15. Moridin

So that should be Rubicon at 3 and Bill at 3, the rest as above. Bill, anything to add to the thread? I don't think your vote's on anyone yet. Who do you want to lynch and why?

Lucky, focus on scumtells rather than trolling. Who do you think is the best lynch? What do you think of Kalas?

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Atm? I'd say the best lynch is probably between Zeit (obvious reasons) and BD who still yet to dodge the bullet. Rubi's reasoning that I'm defending Kalas is kinda bs too, I was attacking Zeit for not giving his opinions, not defending Kalas for his lack of post. I haven't really interacted with Kalas because other people have, I'm more on tunneled on Zeit who has been infuriating beyond all, posting gifs and only answering questions he wants to answer.

I'd be fine with lynching Zeit, Rubi, or BD in no specific order. Kalas is still very eh, but his recent post makes me feel better about him. But I don't think it's likely that Zeit will be lynched today, so I'll keep my vote on Rubi for now.

---------- Post automerged at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Who do you want to lynch Moridin?

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'll have to try again tomorrow, if I'm alive.

Yes because it's one of the core points that your question wall expressed opinions which you then abandoned, and have avoided (until now, under pressure) addressing at all.

This did not occur though.

I don't understand. You're justifying your vote by pointing at the wagon? Or are you justifying your lack of follow-up on Typhon by saying other people were doing it for you? That doesn't make your lack of a scumhunting mindset any better, esp. since you never followed up on any of their pressure either, you just continued listing him as a scum read.

See above. I don't think I missed any posts, but if Dermon and you addressed the fact that you were counterattacking him for inconsistent reasons, point it out.

I'm pretty sure neither of those things are bad. You were being quiet, as was everyone else mentioned as being quiet in that post. This is a horrible reason to vote. And Dermon pressuring you over the lack of content in your wall post is scummy? I don't even. And I don't understand what changed.

But why did you attempt mafia eduction instead of trying to figure out whether Probellum was scum?

Ugh.

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    ._. Please clarify, it will be funny.

now I just have to work out whether you decided to bus Probellum (or Dermon?) under pressure, or are just setting up mislynches like a baws.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Why is no one engaging with anything specific I say about Kalas, and no one responding to Kalas' post either?

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

No, but it does make him more suspicious.

As for Kalas, you're trying to get that lynch, as opposed to jumping on a wagon, so there's little chance he's Mafia if you are. There's no reason to lynch Kalas right now, if I think you are Mafia; and that Stojil would pick Kalas over Rubicon now, when there's a decent chance for a lynch, compared to yesterday where he's been on Rubicon's case the entire time (while it never went anywhere), doesn't exactly make him look better.

Rubicon was your #1 suspect the entire time, Stojil. What happened?

Also, Rubicon, I'm still interested in this:

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Seven hours left, people.

Zeitgeist (2): Caesar (#332), Probellum (#338)
    Bill Door (3): Fontisian (#342), Sesc (#376) Moridin (#433)
    Kalas (2): Rubicon (#307), Uncle Stojil (#423)
    Rubicon (3): Ruckyree (#396), Vira (#401) Kalas (#434)
    Ruckyree (1): Zeitgeist (#420)
    Non-Voting Assholes (3): Wetnurse, Derman, Bill Door.

Derman and Bill Door haven’t voted yet. I’ve seen Bill Door watching the thread all day. He has yet to make a post. Since he’s on the chopping block, I find that suspicious behavior.

We’re no closer than a lynch than before. Zeitgeist, Rubicon, Stojil, Caesar, and Probellum should change their votes, we’re obviously not lynching any of Zeit, Kalas, or Lucky today. Maybe tomorrow. But for today, we’re either lynching Bill Door or Rubicon so let’s get with the program. I don’t mind changing my vote.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I hate Rubicon's case against Kalas and Kalas' response. I want one of them dead toDay.

Unvote
    Vote Kalas

for this bullshit:
    I'm willing to switch to Rubicon to ensure a lynch.

Rubicon and Kalas: I want your scum reads, with support.