1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't think the Priest is still alive. Kalas's actions make me believe he's the priest. If the archdemon card was used, then I suppose Rubicon wanted to make sure the night kill hit.

I think Zeit is the Oracle and town, but I think he's wrong about his conclusions.

Anyways, this is going to distract us from our goal of lynching someone. Let's not get caught up in Zeit right now and lynch Dermon. I'm fine with lynching Bill Door too.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Also:

Seriously man, wtf?

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Because he would be lynched, then closer inspection would reveal that he would be town, thus giving massive town points to Rubicon.

I feel like this line of reasoning is bad somehow, but it's part of the same rationale why I bussed both my teammates hard in TinyHunt, even without flips.

Most of my case on fontisian stems on the first page (in 100ppp), but that's even more relevant - scum often have trouble masking themselves either during RVS or a couple of pages after RVS. This is why I've taken great strides in trying to develop my RVS analysis, because it's really cool to catch someone by their first post.

An example of how I freaked out in Tiny Hunt over this:

I was really scared that Kai would push on that, but thankfully he never did. I was imploding in my QT:

Let's see how font manages RVS:

This post set off a minor gut scumread on font for me, because of the Fake Vote. Scum put a lot of thinking in their RVS vote when RVS is no longer applicable.

I wish I could show you this, but I was scum in a game where you used your vote to elect a king. That king in turn executed someone, and that was the "lynch". I had a really funny RVS vote post all prepped up and I was dismayed I couldn't use it because random votes were different in that game. That Fake Vote told me that font thought long and hard about her RVS vote before settling on a Fake Vote, which is weak.

Her second line feels.. off, kind of. Bleh, I'm not the best at explaining tells/gut reads to others, but I'll try here. font frames it with a "I've got this crazy idea" and she says something rather obvious - it's common sense not to reach supermajority. It reads as.. IIoA, to me.

This reads as a cheap jab at Stojil; it feels like someone opportunistic trying to jump on an obviously innocent statement. I don't like this question at all.

This reads as a massive tone shift from her earlier post. Her earlier post was somewhat opportunistic, someone trying to detect for slips in RVS - basically, doing what I'm doing now. But this feels more jovial - more jokish. She keeps it up with the Fake Voting and the Dermon shadowing.

This also read as somewhat self-aware, to me.

Also, there's Stojil's stuff.

The other thing pointing at font is the fact that Rubicon totally avoided interacting with her the entire time he was alive.

Using some WIFOM-y night kill analysis, I feel like a particularly accurate bit of kill analysis I've found is when there are two highly regarded town leaders; however, one of them is scum. The scum!leader kills off the town one, leaving the scum!leader total control of the game.

I wish I could show you guys games regarding this, but all of them are off-site and I don't feel like crossing the streams. I feel like font is the fourth person to get NK'd N1 as town on this site, after Eidolonic/KaiDASH/Stojil.

I keep conf'biasing a Bill Door/fontisian scumteam because I remembered somewhere that font kept asking Bill "easy questions" - questions to mark off an interaction chart but nothing super substantial. Also see Bill's lackluster interactions with Rubicon. Also,

Which is fencesitty and doesn't give an opinion.

4. Bill Door

That's not what the archdemon does.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I wish I had strikethrough so I could repeat the same song-and-dance we had last game, but: blue.

Red-Orange-Gold-No color-Green-Blue-Teal-Violet in terms of reads.

6. Vira

High Score:
    I read what archdemon did before I posted that, then got it confused for the archangel card. "Oh, if archangel is a super protect, then archdemon breaks through protection!" I'm dumb, I'm sorry.

I don't know why he used the archdemon card, then. Maybe just to throw it away because it didn't have anymore use.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I think Zeitgeist and Luckylee are both fairly likely town.

I'd prefer to lynch font but I can settle for a lynch on her scumbuddy Bill Door.

8. blab

blab Second Year

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

What's so interesting about it?

10. Bill Door

Er, I dunno? I kinda forgot he was in this game, he hasn't really made an impression. But he hasn't posted in like 5 days so, Kai can you poke him please.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    If Kalas false claimed priest and scum fell for it, kudos to him. But tbh he's probably was priest, I doubt he'd false claim and town firm Sesc unless he was sure of it. Fonti has been a lot less… aggressive this game than most I've played with her, and she hasn't interacted much with Dermon/BD much. I'd say that BD, Dermon, and Fonti are probably scum. I'll believe Zeit's claim, even if his play style annoyed the shit out of me >.>

12. Bill Door

Scum are usually much more eager to defend themselves because they know they are actually guilty.

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

So this post is terrible. You spend a load of time talking bullshit about RVS and barely gloss over the thing that is actually important.

Like if you were trying to actually build a proper case against Fonti you would have led with this. That is a weak as fuck case if you are actually trying to get her lynched. This makes me thing a Proph/Fonti is likely.

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, you are not this stupid. That information is far, far more useful for scum.

Did you actually read the card, or does it belong to your scumbuddies? The stuff on the cards are hints on how to play your role well. They aren't supposed to replace your brain. Frankly, my own tip was the least helpful thing ever.

Or, you're a scum and hoping to get town cred with this reveal. If the Priest was actually alive, and I seriously doubt they are, they would have fucking known there was a risk of an archdemon the moment Rubicon leeroyed into Kalas.

Really? How exactly did you expect your claim to achieve that goal?

Oh, hello Zeit's scummate. Care to explain how Zeit's behavior could possibly come from town?

Because it never works. From what I've observed, defending a townie before they flip town usually makes the defender look worse.

Anyway, voting Rubicon in RVS is my thing. Kai thought he could take it away from me with the pregame mechanic, so I naturally did it anyway. And the other bit was sarcasm (because I'm a bitter, bitter soul). I never actually meant for it to be discussed seriously.

Now, can you tell me how you think Zeit is town after that? Because for the life of me, I can't see it.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Why would Zeit reveal this information publicly when he could have just told it to his scumbuddies in the Coven chat?

This is what all scum think when they enter RVS.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

?
    That was the post where I put Probellum as my third strongest town read. What were you trying to link?

"Proph's case is weak, therefore Proph and Fonti are scumbuddies." In what world does that make sense?

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

He said it himself: to be townfirmed. What good does this information actually do?

Yes Proph. All scum think that obvious statements shouldn't require much discussion. That is because all players think that.

16. Bill Door

Because it's too bad for it to be an actual attempt to get you lynched. Pretty basic distancing.

17. Vira

High Score:
    Dermon is Scum: Day Three Edition

In the previous two days, Dermon lurked heavily, not even putting down a vote until the end of day two when he mysteriously re-appeared and voted for Kalas. It reeks of scum lurkiness. People mention them, I see him (Bill Door does this too) watching the thread, then they disappear with no post.

In his first post of day three:

What's with this indecisive fence-sitting?

I also like what Bill Door said about him:

Dermon based his vote on Kalas on his "Kalas and Rubicon are both scum theory even though they were both plainly at odds with each other." Even when Rubicon Loose Cannon'd the guy who claimed Priest, he's still idling in the water, hesitating at calling Rubicon definite scum.

Font put Dermon on her list as third most-likely town, and threw him some soft-ball questions which he returned. Seems weird, the interaction stood out to me. And now Dermon is gone, where he is nobody knows. Maybe he went to bed early, I don't know, but his lack of participation is telling to me. Not to mention his case on Luckylee, who's definitely not the most scummy guy in this thread.

@Font: Stupidity doesn't make someone scum. Zeit has acted like a town player, becoming angry and frustrated when making his arguments, however wrong. That happens when a town player gets too "into" the game. Scum tend to behave more casually. I remember acting this way in one game, I forget who I got into an argument with. And I remember you, Font, who acted this way too in one game I can't recall where you threw your hands up in the air and seemed to ragequit for a couple of days. Zeit acted like that, so I'm inclined to believe he's town.

18. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

The main reason why I'm 100% likely to be Town is because as a Witch, I could've simply given my information privately to the Coven. BD was leading in the votes and when I role-revealed, I wasn't at risk of being lynched either, so I didn't role-reveal because I was at risk of dying either. A Witch Oracle would not have role-revealed to share all the information with the Town.

@Luckylee: Yeah, I knew that my verbose and indecisive style would irritate people, but that was kind of the point. I needed to seem like a good mislynch target so that I would last until only one Witch remained. Of course, that plan went out the window when both Archcards were used.

And ah ha, finally, Fontisian and Bill Door are actually feeling cornered. Maybe we can get some information out of them.

19. blab

blab Second Year

I was trying to link:
    search this thread:
    keyword: Probellum
    posts by: fontisian

20. Bill Door

I swear, Zeit, everytime you post something I just stare at it for about 30 seconds going wtf.

A witch oracle could reveal and give the town false information, cuz witches lie and stuff.

Also, why would you reveal if you think that I'm a scum assassin and you want to lynch me? Seriously?