1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Um . . . I'm still here, Vira. I wasn't for most of Day 2, but that's because I was preoccupied with outside activities.
    Sesc already called me out on my indecisive language after the Rubicon/Kalas clusterfuck, and this is how I responded:
    The reason I was indecisive and "idled" after Rubicon killed Kalas is because it blew my case, reads, and assumptions out of the water as well. At that point, I was scrambling to adjust to new assumptions, and didn't want to close off my thoughts.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bill Door (2): Zeitgeist (#497), Moridin (#499)
    Dermon (2): Luckylee (#516), Vira (#518)
    Zeitgeist (1): Bill Door (#500)
    Fontisian (1): Prophylaxis (#492)
    Luckylee (1): Dermon (#503)
    Vira (1): Fontisian (#494)
    Probellum (1): Sesc (#495)
    Moridin (1): Probellum (#520)

Uh, no. Forget this, did you?
    You're trying very hard to convince me that you're merely an idiot, aren't you?

He has a legitimate irl reason for not being active toDay. I've got no idea about the first two Days.

Where does he sound angry and frustrated? All I'm seeing is ill-placed smugness. (It was Tinyhunt 3, by the way. I don't see how our attitudes are analogous.)

Anyway, it's not just stupidity. He shared that (potentially false) information to get town cred, and he can't keep his story straight.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Nice try BD, but nah, Zeit's play makes sense even if it annoys me. His role is now pretty much useless, and revealing to lynch someone whose probably scum makes sense. I'm cool with lynching BD, Dermon, or Fonti at this point.

4. fontisian

And another one for the idiot wagon. How does Zeit's play make sense Lucky?

5. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Luckylee: You forget that the Oracle is notified when there is only one Witch remaining. Zeit's role is far from useless, unless he somehow wouldn't want to reveal that sort of information.

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Oracle is not a useless role and in what way has his reveal given any information that would help lynch anybody? Or any information that is helpful in anyway? Even if he is town that reveal gives scum more useful information than it gives town.

7. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Rubicon != Surviving Coven

And I don't see why you'd be eliminated from the list of suspects. Assuming everything you say is true, I fail to see how your alignment would affect your actions in any way. Indeed, it makes more sense for a scum oracle to come forward than a town in this scenario.

Consider that the Archdemon card could, yes, have been used to confuse the non-Kalas priest, but it was much more likely used because Rubicon personally rendered the Archdemon card worthless (considering Rubicon would have received the Gravedigger info, he would be sure of Kalas' role).

As such, the primary concern at this point is not the Archdemon card, as it would be in a typical game, but the Archangel card, whose status could keep scum in a guessing game as to the Angels' intentions. A town oracle could see their way to preserving that confusion. A scum oracle, of course, has no such issues since the coven already knows through them of the card's use.

A far more effective use of your roleclaim would have been to advise us when we are down to one witch, as the timing of that pronouncement could have helped us greatly. Instead we get... this.

As well you should. Closer inspection how exactly? I'm not entirely sure how you suddenly seem to feel that a Zeitgeist who outscummed everyone else into getting lynched would suddenly appear towny on 'closer inspection' outside of a gravedigger reveal, and furthermore how simply defending a townie (again, even if he wanted to do this there are far better targets) would give Rubicon towncred in the interim when he is still a major lynch target.

Kalas false claiming priest as town honestly doesn't really make sense. If he was the acolyte or something he might have wanted to divert the lynch away from the real priest, but he was the main lynch target so that's not it. Keep in mind he had no way of knowing the Loose Cannon was scum. And even if he had false claimed to bait scum, why pick Sesc? Much more sense to pick Stojil than a person who you don't know is town and thus might use your 'clean chit' to fuck town over later. Not to mention the problems created for the real priest.

1) Oracle presumably reveals info at the end of the night, and scum don't have daychat.

2) The Coven chat doesn't include the rest of us, so how would doing that gain him towncred?

Seriously, this is bad reasoning, Proph.

How does him revealing help lynch someone again?

Yes, they would have, even ignoring scum don't even have daychat right now (something a bunch of people are quite suspiciously 'forgetting').

I don't even know what people are thinking anymore ;_;

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    At this point, his roles main ability is gone. And yeah, I forgot his roles secondary ability. His shit/annoying play makes a lot more sense considering these things.

I'm town
    Sesc is town firmed, unless Kalas is a complete idiot, which I doubt
    Kalas is town firmed considering Rubicon's actions
    Stojil is town firmed, he was nk'd
    Aek is town firmed, Angel port

I doubt Zeit would make such a ballsy claim/play as scum, it's ridiculous.

That leaves Caesar/Proph who have both been towny
    Proudbellum the Derpier than me derp and his takeover blab who I'm not sure of

BD who has been scummy
    Dermon who has been lurky. Combined with his interactions with you, Fonti
    And you Fonti, you haven't been nearly as aggressive in every other game we've played. Not only that but you posted you're first real town post after a lynch vote (which is a bit hypocritical of me to comment on). You've felt off all game Fonti, and I didn't comment on it earlier because I had more obvious targets/had to defend myself for my idiotic play.

9. blab

blab Second Year

Allright, wtf Lucky? how does that explain anything. What are you trying to say?

Unvote

Vote Zeitgeist

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I thought I made myself pretty clear. IWhat do you mean exactly blab?

11. fontisian

Mori gets all the town points. All of them.

Saying that it makes sense is not a reason, Lucky. How does that play make sense? How exactly was it "ballsy"?

Careful what you wish for. You want aggressive? I will fucking give aggressive. 1. You missed Moridin on your little readlist. 2.Why do you think Caesar and Proph have been towny? 3.Why do you think Bill Door has been scummy. 4. Did you actually have a sentence there about Dermon's interactions with me? 5. How have I felt off (give me quotes, not generalizations)?

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It's ballsy because role revealing/fake township is somewhat ridiculous when there isn't much of a lynch wagon on yourself. I missed Moridin because he has been mia since I asked him my last question, simply forgot. And can't answer the rest of those atm, my comp is broke and I'm using a tablet to post this. But I like how you get hella aggressive at my half assed accusation, it's telling.

13. fontisian

It like you only read half of every post.

I'll ask a third time: How does Zeitgeist's role reveal make sense from a town pov?

Why is role revealing ballsy? Odds are he, or one of his scummates, really is the Oracle.

14. blab

blab Second Year

Well, I would have asked all of fontisian's question, too, if had I responded first.
    And additionally: What use has the Oracle to scum?

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    If he is scum and role revealed, that seems waaaay too ballsy when their is only 1 vote on you. His reveal reads as someone town trying to get something done. We've been divided on votes and abusing the shit out of extensions, this seems like an attempt for something town to happen. And he probably felt his role was useless at this point, even if others disagree. Or maybe he realized his play would get him lynched soon and he may as well reveal now so town knows. /me shrugs it's a gut feeling, it doesn't make sense for Zeit to have been playing as he has, and his reason/reveal makes sense to me.

16. fontisian

Is this an open question or is it addressed to Luckylee?

17. blab

blab Second Year

for LuckyLee.
    he was just supposed to think about it, I wasn't actually interested in his answer, so answer it, if you want to.

18. fontisian

You keep saying that, and you explain how a role reveal is ballsy in any way.

How does it read like he was trying to get something done?

Really? You just went from saying that Zeit's role reveal was ballsy because he wasn't under pressure (only one vote!) to saying that he was going to be lynched soon. Both of those things can't be true.

---------- Post automerged at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Ah.

It's useful in three ways: 1.Using the Archdemon as a form of communication between dead scum and living scum, 2.Detemining when the Archangel was played and 3.Getting town cred/lying to the town about the number of scum left.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Thanks, Moridin, for telling me that scum don't have daychat. I was assuming it would be the same as TinyHunt. :facepalm

I think I'm going to step back from the computer screen before I self-implode.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Stop trying to twist my words Fonti, I said thats how he might have felt.