1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. blab

blab Second Year

Last post Correction: Dermon is null-scum, instead of null-town.

Zeitgeist: I have to squint very hard to see either of the fallacies. Can you point them out to me with quotes?

How was the reole reveal in any way beneficial?
    Assumption: Zeitgeist is town:
    1. Revealing the Archdemon card doesn't help town:
    We pretty much knew Rubicon was scum, and if the priest would be still alive it really doesn't help him either.
    2. Revealing the Archangel card doesn't help town.
    3. Revealing your role doesn't eliminate you from being possible scum.
    4. Revealing your role is detrimental if there is a Witch!Assassin..., and therefore doesn't make sense especially considering what you are saying about Bill Door.

Your reveal makes no sense at all. On the other hand if you are scum I kinda can see you using the reveal to try to gain town!cred like you did and to defend your fencesitting. Also, your disregard of the second ability makes more sense.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm not aware of any rule that prevents dead witches from conversing with Demons.

Anyway, moving on. Bill's still my top lynch target for the day. I'm not sure how comfortable I am that Zeit's on him too, but honestly at this point Bill's scummier in my mind with Probellum and Zeit somewhere behind and Lucky in there too. At this stage, I believe lynching Bill would be better given Rubicon's actions yesterday more firmly painting him as a scummate. Either way, we have five hours in which to make a decision. The Judge may be dead or scum, and I have a sneaky suspicion the Loose Cannon won't be helping us out of this one.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Rescind Vote.

Lynch Vote: Bill Door.

We need two more people for a lynch. Luckylee, Proph, we're not lynching Dermon or Font today. Perhaps tomorrow. Come help us.

4. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Four hours. I'm going to sleep, and won't be awake for deadline. Two more votes is all we need, or three for Zeitgeist. Don't just vote for whichever one you want, though, make a case and convince others. Bill, Zeit, if there's anything either of you want to say then now's the time.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hm.

Unvote

Lynch Vote Bill Door

:/ I'd get quotes/answer Fonti's questions but my comp is stilling being fixed and I can't figure it out on this shit tablet.

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Okay, the case on me is based on like 2 or 3 posts I made at the start of the last day. The case on Zeit is based on every post he has made this game. He has admitted himself that he claimed because he thinks it makes him look town, that's not a town reason to claim.

Most of the votes on me today have been with little or no explanation(Lucky, Vira and sesc). Lucky/Vira would you be voting for me if the deadline wasn't so close? Lynching me will be an apathy lynch caused by lack of activity.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

unvote, vote Bill Door

8. Bill Door

^My point exactly.

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

What? It's based on every post you ever made. Feel free to point out one post that shows you actively doing something, as opposed to responding to questions or writing one-line-comments.

Day 1 is especially bad, so if anything, it's based on that. Which posts are you talking about?

10. Bill Door

Most people have given the stuff I said about Aekiel's reads after he died as reasons for lynching me.

11. Sesc

Oh. No, that's not my reason.

^ This is it. Minus the last bit, because that amounts to "too scummy to be scum".

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

phone post, but if BD was town he would actually be analyzing his wagon and be actually scum hunting, instead of straw manning the case against him and deflect to Zeitgeist

hence why I'm not using my extension

13. Bill Door

How is this deflecting to Zeitgeist?

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

.3885443488899)(

15. blab

blab Second Year

hmm, alright, I'm ok with lynching Bill.

Bill: mind posting reads?

16. Sesc

Incidentally, in the highly unlikely case you don't know what you are doing, this ^ is exactly the point. Basically all your posts are like that. Now blab asked for some active stuff, and you might provide it, but the very fact that he had to ask for it makes it passive again. You aren't doing anything if not prompted.

17. Bill Door

1. Fontisian - A bit less aggro than usual and I suspect a connection with Proph. Needs to be looked at more. Lack of any interaction with Rubicon is very suspicious. Possible scum

2. Dermon - Has coasted under the radar too much, hasn't posted much of significance. Scum side of null. Need to see more o make a a better opinion

3. Bill Door - Awesome guy is awesome.

4. Typhoon/Vira - Typhon was meh, Vira has been a bit better but I dislike the way she hasn't really pursued her reads and has defaulted to bad votes just to get a lynch both days. Nullish null

5. Luckylee - Has made a lot of derpy posts but has been very active, and super high activity scum is hard to pull off so I'm leaning town.

6. Moridin - Has made a lot of good, well thought out, posts. Townish

8. Probellum/Blab - Probellum's replacing out is pretty identical to how he did last time he played which makes me think town but nothing either of them has said has made me lean to either direction. Slitghtly townier than null

10. Zeitgeist - Scum for many reasons I've already given.

11. Sesc - conf. town.

13. Wetnurse/proph - Wetnurse did absolutely nothing. Proph hasn't impressed me, his case on fonti was lackluster and makes me thing they might be a scum team.

14. Caesar - afk atm and his early posts were null.

I think Zeit, fonti, proph are the 3 scum remaining.

---------- Post automerged at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

You are just ignoring the stuff that I have done actively. I made repeated cases against Zeit and pursued them. That's how I play the game. Look at pretty much any of my previous games. If I have a strong scum read I tunnel hard on it until I get them lynched.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Zeit's behavior before his reveal makes some (twisted) sense if he's telling the truth about his reluctance to cause mislynches. He's obviously wrong, but I can see a townie doing that. What's he doing now makes no sense from a town!oracle perspective, much does make some sense from the pov of a scum!oracle who read is card, thought "Well the card said that if I was town, I'd reveal right now," and then revealed for town cred.

That's not what you said:
    There was zero risk with your claim, unless neither you nor your scummates are the oracle.
    Not quite. I'm arguing that's there's no way in hell a town oracle would claim here, and that your motivations only make sense from a scum perspective. None of your arguments (which have consisted of you asserting that this was totally the right thing to do because it was the right thing to do) have swayed me.

Are you kidding me? I wish I was a "town leader," so that I could get you lynched. Do you realize how little sense you arguments make? There was no appeal to authority, having a single townfirmed person with a dead Priest is a really bad place for us to be, and you are so far from townfirmed it's hilarious.

Alright, let's imagine you're town for a second. Why the fuck would you have been nightkilled when there was already a fair bit of suspicion on you? If anything, I'd expect a town!Zeit to be worried about being lynched.

Oh, and Zeit, you still haven't bothered to explain why you thought Probellum might have been the acolyte to Rubicon's priest. I'm getting the strangest feeling that part of the reason behind your roleclaim was to distract from that question. Congratulations on how well it's worked so far, but I'm not letting it slip by again.

I feel uncomfortable with the Bill Door lynch for one reason:
    Rubicon must have known that he would most likely leeroy at some point in a way that made him obvious scum. With that knowledge, why would he link himself to Bill Door like this? If anything, this post points to Luckylee being his teammate, as he must have known that offering a compromise lynch in the form of Luckylee wouldn't have gone anywhere that late in the day.

Rubicon also linked himself to Zeit by defending him, but I think he expected us to look at that and conclude it was too obvious of a connection for them t be scummates.

I realize this is mostly wifom, and I could easily be overestimated Rubicon's thought process, so I'm sort of alright with lynching Bill Door, I'd just much prefer to lynch Zeit.

Wait, what? I don't remember that happening?

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Bill Door (6): Zeitgeist (#497), Moridin (#499), Sesc (#593), Vira (#603), Luckylee(#605) Prophylaxis (#607)
    Zeitgeist (3): Bill Door (#500), Fontisian (#533), blab (#569)
    Luckylee (1): Dermon (#503)

Abstaining: Caesar

Zeit's not voting for himself, Vira's probably his scummate, Luckylee is either scum or an idiot, and Caesar is completely absent. Dermon's would probably join the Zeit wagon.

Sesc and Mori: Any chance I could convince you to switch your votes if I use my time token?

19. Bill Door

You don't remember the cases against Zeit or me doing this in previous games?

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You doing this in previous games.