1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

?????

What dead players? By definition, no one is dead yet.

Aekiel, the first dead player, would learn everything that happened Night 1--including who the Witches are--at the end of that phase.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Uhm did I word that wrong? These worlds situations aren't mutually exclusive is what I meant.

3. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

No, that's not what I'm trying to say. I mean that Luckylee isn't aligned with Zeit because of that D3 defense.
    Right now my assumptions are using one of two possibilities:
    1. Zeit is scum.
    2. Zeit is not scum.
    In a scumZeit world, Luckylee would be extremely aware of him, and wouldn't make such an obvious move linking himself with his scummate. However, because of Luckylee's connections with Rubicon, in a world where Zeit is town, he would probably be scum.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh. I'd assumed the dead players as a whole were informed as whole on one qt, as in Tinyhunt 3.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Except Luckylee has never been scum, so he may not know how important distancing and bussing can be. You, on the other hand, should be pretty well versed in the pros and cons of bussing.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Like I remember any of my past mafia games aside from Star Wars. Plus, those were over a year ago.

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

We're potentially not that far away from lylo. Who else do you think it could be? What's your opinions on the rest of the thread?

My team is, well, the same as yours (except that Font might be switched out for you).

Dermon, you and Font make up my potential scumteam in its entirety (Rubicon/Bill/Dermon/(Font/Lucky)) and so I wanted your opinions. Font's already given hers.

You make a good point though, in that Prophylaxis and blab haven't posted anything in a while. What are your thoughts on all this?

One thing I'm concerned about is how some people are going along with the Dermon lynch without too much discussion. Blab and Vira, specifically.

7. Vira

High Score:
    I've outlined my case on Dermon, and I've pushed for his lynch for a while. Don't imply that I'm bandwagonning. :/

8. fontisian

Vira: You never did this.

You also never explained why my extension at the end of the last Day was a bad thing, beyond repeatedly calling it "time-stalling" (which means what exactly?).

---------- Post automerged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Oh right, sorry. I shouldn't expect you to remember scum acting in angry and frustrated ways when you were calling Zeit town for acting in an angry and frustrated way (I still don't see the anger, by the way. You never clarified that.). No, expecting you to remember the meta when you're citing it would be ridiculous.

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

You made a decent case on Dermon, sure. Rubicon made a decent case on Kalas, too. Your only other pressure has been on Font, and that's been lacking. Which is why I asked you to review the thread to see what else you can come up with (against Font or otherwise, as long as it's something).

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

People keep asserting that they do not understand my rationale for the role-reveal. The first reason is that the card told me to reveal when the Archdemon is used, and due to my deliberately misleading play, I did not wish to die before revealing some sort of helpful information. The second reason is that Aekiel said that he would use the Archangel to indicate whether scum were on his wagon. Since that information could be potentially pivotal, I stepped forward.

In my perspective, I know that I'm a townsperson, so stepping forward meant baiting Witches like Dermon to slip up and inadvertently reveal their hand. I know that I'm living in a town!Zeit world; that should mean that whether the Witches kill me or not, the town wins. Keep me around for too long? My card activates. Kill me now? You townfirm me.

Honestly, I've stated multiple times that Typhovira is potentially suspicious. That had more to do with Typhon's behaviour than Vira's, however. Honestly, I'm happy to board the Vira Lynch Train (Destinaton: Lynchtown) but can we please do it after finishing off Dermon? I dislike stories with hanging threads.

Fonty, we can talk again after we hang Dermon's corpse. If he is a townsperson and ChocoPi is a Witch, then good riddance, I'll eat my hat.

11. Vira

High Score:
    @Font: I know how to play mafia, I've picked up tips from my numerous games. "If person gets frustrated, they're most likely town," is but one of them. Do you remember exactly where you've picked up your social cues? No, I don't remember previous games because I don't care about them and I tend to lurk anyways.

You wasted your extension. Not one person changed their vote, if I'm remembering correctly. We could have used that extension at a more appropriate time, but now were down to like four. It doesn't look good on you, especially since we had a perfectly acceptable lynch on Bill Door.

12. fontisian

Zeit, if that was indeed part of your reasoning, why are you only bringing it up now that CPi's talking about it?

How?

We might as well talk now, since we're both alive, and if you're town, there's no guarantee it'll stay that way.

13. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

I don't know about ChocoPi. He has cemented himself in a leadership position and galvanized the town very quickly, though. His case on me, as misguided as it is, seems sincere. But as for me, I hope you enjoy the taste of hat.

14. fontisian

Actually, yeah, I do remember them fairly well. The problem is that wasn't just a social cue, but a direct meta read of Zeit that oppossed your previous stance on that social cue and Zeit's history.

Votes are not the only sources of information. I think my extension allowed us to gain more information, both in a scum!Bill Door and town!Bill Door. For example, from a scum!Bill Door standpoint, we got Luckylee's suspicious last minute waffling:
    How could my extension have been used at a more appropriate time?

15. Vira

High Score:
    You think I made my "Zeit is town" choice on Zeit's history? I've played mafia with him before, but I can't remember anything specific about his play-style. I know his personality though, and I read the emotion in his posts as "town", so I read him as town. That's it.

Your extension could have been used when we needed an extension, in case we couldn't decide who to lynch. Yes, we're together in lynching Dermon today, but what of tomorrow? I think it was a waste.

16. fontisian

But what you've claimed about his personality and his personality in past games don't match u[.

17. Vira

High Score:
    How have my claims not matched up?

I agree with you, I don't like this extension thing either. Maybe next time someone can just give us more time instead.

/glance at Kai.

18. fontisian

72 hour Days, Kai. 72 hour Days.

You said that Zeit appeared to be angry and frustrated (which I still don't see) which means he's town, but he's behaved that way in both scum games and town games with you. How did you get an idea of his personality that contradicts things he has actually done before?

19. Vira

High Score:
    I told you, I don't remember past games. If he's acted like that while being scum in past games, how should I know? I just know that from very recent games, frustrated reads as town for me. Maybe I didn't see that in past games because I hadn't realized it yet? I don't know, it's just that right now, I think Zeit is town.

20. fontisian

Because you played them! Whatever, I'll drop this. tl:dr You townread Zeit for reasons that don't make sense to me.

CPi: Thoughts on a popcorn claim (besides the obvious bit that Mori is scum, he'll kill us all)?

Mori: What do you think of Zeit and Vira?