1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Inquisitor Carrow and the GodEmporless Heathens by littlewhitecat - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Milamber, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Milamber

Milamber Squib

Title: Inquisitor Carrow and the GodEmperorless Heathens
    Author: littlewhitecat
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Humor
    Library Category: The Alternates
    Pairings: None
    Summary: The Wizarding World is devastated when Harry Potter disappears from his relatives' house in mysterious circumstances during the summer after his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Desperate to have their boy-hero back no matter what they really should have heeded the Muggle saying "be careful what you wish for". Crossover HP/WH40K.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8400788/1/Inquisitor-Carrow-and-the-GodEmperorless-Heathens

Continuation for the first story

Title: Inquisitor Carrow and the Bureaucracy of Failure
    Author: littlewhitecat
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Humor
    Library Category: The Alternates
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Now he has been officialy declared an adult Inquisitor Carrow can start to implement his plans, turning Ancient Terra in to the God-Emperor fearing world he knows it should be, and what better place to start than with the Wizarding World? Be afraid, be very afraid...
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8707895/1/Inquisitor-Carrow-and-the-Bureaucracy-of-Failure

These are well written Harry Potter/Warhammer40k crossovers. The writing style brings well the dark atmosphere of W40k universe into HP universe which in the story are basically same but in different time period. I enjoyed reading these and I wanted to share these hidden gems with you.

4,5/5

---------- Post automerged at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

After posting the previous message I noticed that Inquisitor Carrow and the GodEmperorless Heathens was on the rejected submission list.

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

And for good reason. Bad writing aside (which is really bad!) it also makes Harry a HINO without Harry's name being Harry. So essentialy there is no Harry in this story.

Also Main character ,the OC, Carrow is apparently a Inquisitor Space Marine.:rolleyes: Which doesn't makes sense like at all. :wall:

This story is kind of story that you have to kill with fire and you should lurk more I think.

3. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed...

4. esran

esran Professor

There should be a minimum number of posts before somebody is allowed to submit stories to the review board.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. Russano

Russano Disappeared

Who hasn't ever posted a retarded story for review, and thus isnt being hypocritical?

7. lmao234

lmao234 Squib

Lots of OOC, dafuq-did-i-read-ess, and no just no.

8. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  9. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

I would distinctly call this a guilty-pleasure fic. Also the author actually has a canonical reason for the Inquisitor Space Marine, quoted below for your viewing pleasure.

10. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Tuck your dicks away, guys. Even without going into the cited source Athanatos gave, it's not even a little bit unfeasible that the Ordo Malleus - ie, the Ordo who control the Grey Knights - would have dabbled.

The only sensible criticism thus far is 'Harry' being OOC. And yeah, he is. It's not a story about Harry Potter, it's a story about Inquisitor Carrow, it says that right in the title, who centuries ago was once Harry Potter. If the thought of someone from the realm of grimdark stomping around Hogwarts doesn't float your boat then it's not like you didn't know what you were getting into.

I've read the story twice all the way through and will probably do so again. It's incredibly entertaining and everyone should grab their shit and leave the bandwagon immediately unless they've got some actual criticisms to discuss.

11. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

I think that was an intential screw-up given that it was Lockheart performing that piece of 'magic'. Seeing his prior canon track record of accidentally vanishing all the bones in Harry's arm, utterly failing in the Dueling Club and erasing his own memories by accident, I think we can give the author the benefit of the doubt in this case.

-SK

12. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

These two stories are fun, maybe, but definitely not library worthy. The author has replaced everything Harry Potter represents, but does manage to keep some of the magic and other characters reasonably in check in universe. If you don't mind an ensemble work that steadily goes off the rails with a Gary-Stu OC, it's a fairly amusing story, but is no where near what I would recommend for anyone who likes Harry as a character.

"Harry" doesn't exist - only the OC known as Inquisitor Allesandor Carrow. I don't have the 40K background to really nitpick too much about the lore there, but from a casual standpoint who has only played a dozen or so games of 40k in my life, it isn't too horrible. Overall, it's an average story due to the lack of the central character HP, but that's just my personal opinion on non-Harry centric stories in general.

13. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Truth be told, this is a pretty amusing story. It cannot be considered a serious one, but as a comic relief it nails the spot. There are so many hilariously insane moments, that I cannot name them. Any light hearted fan of 40k will be amused.

Though the criticism is also valid. The story has little to do with Potter canon, and the main character is no more than an OC. Still, it is a very amusing piece of fitcion, well suited for its niche.

I think it should be approached as more of a study of what a hardcore 40k character can do to Potter canon, rather than a serious crossover.

I cracked up more than once just reading it. It can be really hilarious at times. :D

14. dokein

dokein Squib

The story isn't especially well-written (although it is decent), the main character is in no way balanced, and the plot seems to be minimal.

That being said, it is fucking hilarious and there were more than a couple times I actually laughed out loud. And honestly, when reading fanfic, aren't we all just looking for some easy enjoyment? If I want Tolstoy I'll read Tolstoy.

15. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah... if you don´t take it serious it is quite a funny story.

16. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It was funny at first, but in the long run it got boring. Halfway through the sequel it wasn't able to hold my attention any longer.

Carrow is able to solve every problem his way. Compared with normal wizards and muggles he is a superman who lacks a supervillain. And after a while that gets boring.

3/5