1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Mafia #2 - High Noon Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Ugh, my problem is that I'm operating under the assumption that both Stojil/Fonti are strong town reads. If Stojil murders Fonti, and she flips town, people are gonna wanna lynch Stojil. And I think Stojil is town. But that thought also applies to Fonti.

I think that Lutris looks the worst atm, because even since this fight broke out he simply bounced after a few joke posts and 1 weird analysis.

Lynch Vote Lutris

Defend yourself, Senpai.

2. blab

blab Second Year

Why post this?

@LuckyLee:
    only votes for stojil or font count right now.

@KaiDASH: Mind explaining why you would vote for fontisian even without the duel? Also what is the LuckyLee thing?

I want fontisian to say something post duel before I vote.
    Not my favorite duel.

@Stojil: Can you say something like: fontisian is 90%+ scum ( and not misguided town) because ...
    I don't see where you get your certainty.

Lutris vanished since 67. I want to lynch.
    I still disagree with both of font's towntells for Bill.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    :/ forgot Lynch votes didn't count atm.

I guess I'll wait for Fonti's post too, although I find this entire situation to be somewhat ridiculous.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Stojil: I'm not quote walling with you, because it’s ineffective and timewasting.

1. The original thing you asked me to prove was stupid and ignored my point. You were annoyed in the other game. Here, you explained why a townie would be annoyed instead of simply being annoyed and then threated to duel me. That's the key difference. Clear? Great. Moving on.

2. Yes, I am an easy mislynch in this game because I just came of a scum endgame. People are going to be overly suspicious of me because of that, just like the last time I came off of a scum endgame. More to the point, you saw my early posts and decided to use them to incriminate me not because you thought they were scummy, but because you thought they would make it easier to lynch me.

3. "Attacked my so-called plan." You did not know what my plan was at that time, so this is bullshit.

4. You are attempting to create a false dichotomy in regards to your reaction to my baiting. Both a townie and scum would be annoyed in that situation, but for different reasons. Your reaction fell fully within the scum reasoning.

5. The “I want to lynch you both” to you and Kalas was (mostly) a joke about how annoying your little Sherlock lines were.

6. Your “pressure” before that was joking, even though you are attempting to pretend otherwise.

7. Saying “I’m going to duel you unless you answer this perfectly” (and that was exactly what I meant by that post), is a form of pressure, not an offer of an easy way out. Why would I ever have to offer an easy way out when I could have just never brought up the subject?

8. You slipped up in your attempt to misinterpret and deflect everything I’m saying. “Allow me to explain with small words. You faked that post, and I know that because of your word choice, as previously explained,” referred to the your reaction to my baiting and “The words that I pointed out were excessive and unnecessary. That’s all there is to it,” referred to your first post against me, something you should have noticed if you meant to address my points in good faith. Instead, you took them out of context and made them look like they were addressing the same thing.

9. You should not be going after Lucky here because he is so obviously town. I like the way you used the previous game against me though. Nice job.

10. The question to Vira was pure defense, the question to Lutris was pointless, IMO, and the thing to Kai was a typical prod for activity. The question to Bill Door was half decent, in that it made him give reads, but it was terrible in that it encouraged him to duel someone. Not at all up to your usual standards.

11.The best example, IMO, of the calculating edge to your post, is your reaction to Lucky:
    Emphasis, mine. You’re insinuating instead of outright attacking him for defensiveness. I’m not sure how to explain it, but it just reads wrong.

Kai: What are you doing?

Kalas: Wut? Irritation is one of the easiest emotions to fake.

Everyone: Put down some votes. I want Stojil’s flip while there’s still time left in the Day, and if I get lynched, I’m sure you would find some time to think after my flip to be useful.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I have class/work today so I'm not gonna be around all day.

Vote Stojil

Between Stojil and Fonti, I like Fonti somewhat better. Tbh, I think Stojil is probably town, but his bull shit attacks on me are irritating. He said no townie likes being called scum, then goes on to call me "defensive" for defending myself? Yeah, nope.

Still pretty sure Lutris is scum though, his vanishing act/combined with earlier post are suspicious as knobs. See you guys tonight.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

What do you think about Luckylee, then?

It's... the opposite of meta, actually, since you're basing your read on what he did in this game. Way better.

Not really, since it was "where and how was I very insistent that fontisian is scum?" and you seem to have answered something else.

Honestly, at the time, it was just pressure. And this seems to be the key difference in how we play. What you call "weak reasons to vote", I call "good... excuses to pressure" (can't find a better word with my failing English).

Serious? No. But the fact that I know fontisian "sides" with me, rather than you, on the above point made it weird that she didn't vote either, or even worse (scummy, right, font?) anyone.

Yep, I mean that. It doesn't matter that it most probably wouldn't have happened. It was pressure, and if you severly :))) affect it in a negative way by creating an easy way out, that's, firstly, a bad move (because more pressure is always, always better) and secondly scummy because it can be indicative of scum being afraid to push too much for fear of something, like actually being forced to duel, for example.

This is just false and misleading.

1) I had already pressured other people.
    2) Nothing else of note had happened that wasn't already brought up by someone else when I last posted before sleep/work (can't remember which) in #38.
    3) fontisian's trolling answer and unexplained NO-U had irked me.
    4) When I got back, it was post #73 (or page 4 as you said) and enough stuff had happened or not happened for me to branch out.

It's not certainty if it's 90%, although we're probably at a bit less. But the biggest thing that makes me say she's scum is her certainty. She has declared me and Lutris scum, and Bill, Lucky and you town. This can't be possible. It just can't. First, when has a townie (and fontisian in particular) ever been this certain about anything, especially town-reads? Where's the paranoia? Not having any would mean you'd be scum's wet-dream at least until you got sucker-punched into oblivion by one of your reads flipping the opposite of what you were sure of.

So she doesn't read like a misguided townie, which earlier on left the possibility of townie with a plan. But in her last answer, she continued defending her reads with certainty and she has pretty much ignored what her town ones have said.

The other reasons why I think she's scum are:

-NO U against me.
    -lots of bullshit (I called her out on it, she kept doing it, I called her out again and I do it here as well).
    -everything else I accused her of, both when I first voted for her in post #21 and after.

The other reason why I want her dead:

-she's the most informative lynch, by far.

No. It's not clear. What it is is bullshit. It's you who said that, I quoted you. So if it's stupid, it's your doing, and it was your point so I didn't ignore it. Also, the annoyance in the post you quoted was "fucking answer the question". Is that not also an explaination of why I was annoyed?

Again, you say stuff without fucking quoting anything, or explaining where you get that, where I said/showed it etc. Stop doing that. I thought they were scummy and I used them to pressure you. Also, that having-been-scum-last-game thing doesn't make someone who can argue properly an easy lynch. Derps are easy lynches.

No, I attacked it because its visible in-thread implementations in a game with the duel mechanic were fucking stupid.

I disagree entirely. Scum wouldn't get annoyed, only wary/scared. Annoyance is almost entirely a town prerogative, like I already said. Look at this whole thread for clues. Annoyance as a reason to say "he's a town-read" or "that was a town reaction" has been used multiple times, by you for Lutris, me for myself, Vira for you, Kalas for Bill and another I can't recall but I'm pretty sure is there.

The fact remains that you fon-RVS-tisian never voted for anyone.

Obviously not. It's the whole point of the Random Vote Stage!

Because it would have made you look scummy after you had already brought it up in an earlier post.

You're right about this. I got confused. Still, there's no explaination for why my words were "excessive and unnecessary" and I already answered the “You faked that post" bit in multiple places.

:facepalm

Yeah, keep repeating stuff I already debunked. And asking someone who he'd duel clearly encourages them to do it. Also it's scummy. Yep.

You should read up on the definition of attacking, and also the definition of malicious-editing since you cut out where I voted for him. I guess that's not an attack. Also you skipped where I asked you to elaborate on your stating that I doubtcasted, but since you decided that:

you get to pick whatever you prefer, ignore whatever makes you look bad or you don't have an answer for. Great.

Yeah. That's what happened. Because I totally called you scum, not simply asked you a question, and that's why you were super-defensive. So true.

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah, because throwing a lynch vote on someone isn't calling them scum? Lolk.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Try and get the timing right?

Post#86. This is a question, not calling someone scum.

Post #87. This is defensiveness not proportioned with my question.

Post #88. This is where I called out the defensiveness and voted/called you scum.

So you saying:

is wrong. You didn't get defensive because I called you scum but because I asked you a question.

9. blab

blab Second Year

Stojil I got 90+ out of 70/25/5 with 25 now not being true.

Vote fontisian

Do not feel too good about this vote, because I do not want to put it at 2 vs. 2 with only Bill, Lutris and Kalas left, but whatever. (Especially because I have a better feeling about Vira than Kai)

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The 25 dropped off but didn't just go all to the scum portion. It made both the other options a tad more likely.

11. blab

blab Second Year

Yes, that's why I said 90%+ and not 95% (I didn't expect her not having a plan to change the percentage of her being misguided town relative to her being scum in any significant way. I didn't say 93.333%)

Whatever, I don't want to argue about arbitrary percentage numbers.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Stojil, why do you want to quote wall? They're incredibly time consuming and unconvincing. I might respond to the rest of it, depending on how much I feel like getting into a battle of semantics. I will be addressing this small section, because it pissed me off. If anyone other than Stojil wants me to address or explain something in particular, please point it out.

What the actual fuck? Stojil, I fake the certainty of my scum reads to freak scum out and drive discussion, and because stating my uncertainty in the past has bee construed as scummy (by you, actually). I am no where close to absolutely believing that you and Lutris are scum. I mean, I wouldn't even say that the chance of you being scum is more than 70%, because I could also see Kai, Vira and Kalas (in that order) as potential scum. I'm also reevaluating with every post, which is why I think Vira looks a bit better and Kai a bit worse (not sure how much of that is OMGUS though). If you want an actual idea of the actual certainty of my reads, check out the middle of post 76.

I only have only ever had this argument used against me once before, when it was from Stojil, the neutral serial killer.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

“Someday I would change my name to Shut Up and save everybody a lot of time.”
    -- Jonathan Lethem, Motherless Brooklyn

Vote Count
    (4 to concede the duel)

fontisian (2): KaiDASH, blab
    Uncle Stojil (2): Vira, Luckylee

Abstaining (3): Bill Door, Kalas, Lutris

The Day ends at this time.
    (around 35 hours)

KaiDASH and Lutris have been prodded.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @fonti: It is, but that still felt genuine. And, to be honest, too heavy handed for a weak scum ploy.

Ugh.

Vote:Stojil

15. blab

blab Second Year

Uncle Stojil/fontisian, do you have some hypothetical last words?

If Bill isn't going to vote and Lutris is not coming back I'm going to change my vote tomorrow.

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm not going to vote unless it's a tie and I have to. I still think they're both town.

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Pot, kettle, black.

Compare Vira's play in this game to how she played in the last game. She's been incredibly vague and non committal in this game, ironic that she accused Lutris of the same thing. Compared to witchhunt where she was town and was way more decisive and proactive

Compare this:

To this:

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

If we were able to this is where I would be voting to lynch Vira.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Only a small part of it is about semantics, but whatever. It's not like we should be held accountable for what we say in mafia. Forget it, it was silly of me.

I would ask you to tell me what game/post the bold part refers to, but you're just bullshitting most of what you're saying, now. I doubt I ever said anything of the sort, unless you were flipflopping or fencesitting, which are two completely different things. And what about you declaring town-reads?

Are you saying it's scummy? Or that I only say that as scum? because neither of that is true, and it looks like you're only using that to doubtcast (see how I actually explain what I say instead of throwing vague stuff around with no basis?).

And that puts me at L-1, and I have no idea why. And I don't simply mean the lack of explanation, I also mean that I really can't see why I'm being lynched, let alone why fontisian isn't getting lynched.

For Vira I'm too aggressive, and I explained how I really wasn't.

For Luckylee I'm probably town (...) but I attacked him for no good reason, and I explained the reason, twice now.

For Kalas, :confused:. Earlier he said I wasn't striking him as scum and implied that fontisian was (at least more). Before that, he said there were distinctive differences to my scum and my town game, and in this one I felt like the latter. Earlier still, he said that the scummy language I was accused of by fontisian wasn't really as such. Now he's voting for me (also, he's missing the questions in post #119).

For fontisian, my post after her naked vote was fake, because she says so. I was trying to build an easy lynch on her, because she was scum in last game. I was trying to build an easy lynch on Lucky, who is obvious town because she says so. I was doubtcasting, because who knows? She never actually explained that, like most of the other accusations/insinuations she made while cherrypicking what to answer and what to gloss over.

Sure. In case you geniuses decide to duel-lynch me for whatever illogical reason, normal-lynch fontisian after my flip. If she's scum, I like Kalas as her buddy (Bill just a tad less). If she isn't (in which unlikely case, slow sarcastic clap and :facepalm), go after Lutris and Lucky (but really, just scumhunt because I didn't explore the town!fontisian option all that much).

Why?

---------- Post automerged at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Are you guys aware of the existence of the No Lynch vote? Not that I want it, because I'd love to see fontisian dead dead dead and if my flip it's what it takes to get that done, then it's worth it... but seriously.

18. Bill Door

Pretty sure there isn't a no lynch option in a duel.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

So you really aren't aware. :facepalm

20. Bill Door

Now I'm just confused. Is there a no lynch vote for duels?