1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Mafia #2 - High Noon Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Nah. And if no majority can be reached before the deadline, Prophylaxis flips a coin to decide which of the two duelists die, obviously.

:facepalm

I swear, this game. It's bringing out the most annoying sarcastic part in me. You guys deserve it, though. :colbert:

Of course there is a no lynch option in the duel.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

:/

Vote No Lynch then.

Proph can you confirm if this is actually a thing?

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'd rather we lynched fontisian, to the point where I'm okay with dying first.

Bill, why do you think this is town aggroing on town?

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We are not no lynching in the one duel of the Day. I'd prefer you lynch me over a no lynch.

5. Bill Door

Because I've got townreads on you both. Post #126 for example is like textbook town stojil same with post #76 for fonti. You are both playing like you do as town.

6. fontisian

Bill Door: If we don't kill one of me and Stojil in this duel, the two of us will continue butting heads until one of us is lynched anyway. We might as well get it over with now. Make your fucking choice.

7. Bill Door

Or how about you two do stuff that isn't butting heads against each other and we lynch people that are actually scum.

8. fontisian

Because Stojil is likely enough scum that I'm not wasting the opportunity he handed me. Make a choice.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I plenty commented on the rest of it, but that post (#76) is also the one with the bit about which you said:

10. fontisian

Stojil: I'm curious, do you see any difference between "I'm annoyed" and "I am town, and a townie would be annoyed at this" at all, or do you see them as the same thing?

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

“Apologies aren't something you want to get in the habit of practicing in the mirror.”
    -- Jonathan Lethem, Gun, With Occasional Music

Vote Count
    (4 to concede the duel)

Uncle Stojil (3): Vira, Luckylee, Kalas
    fontisian (2): KaiDASH, blab
    No Lynch (1): Bill Door

Abstaining (1): Lutris

The Day ends at this time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

They're different, but that is an oversimplification of what I said that twists my point, which was to tell you how stupid your so-called plan was in a game like this. You did something like it in last game, too, as scum, with what I said about who'd look scummy in both a town and scum Moridin world. I'd quote it but heck, what's the point, right?

You're not even going to bother answering my earlier post, are you?

13. fontisian

Stojil: That's how it read. Tell me how your actual wording was any better than that.

Probably not, no. Anything in particular you want me to address?

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Let's try this again. Here:

The bold bit is the point. Not "I'm annoyed". Just like the Sesc thing "Answer the fucking question" was, not "you're annoying me because you're not answering the fucking question".

Like, everything?

---------- Post automerged at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

On a more cheerful note, Kalas has browsed the thread and not posted, Kai has done little more than lurking and Lutris has been MIA for a while. Lovely.

15. fontisian

You're missing to point so completely that I'm inclined to think it's intentional.

Let's break that paragraph down then:
    1.You started by declaring yourself to be town for no apparent reason.
    2.You attacked me for not explaining my reasons. I then explained those in the next post. You proceeded to attack a few minor points, and continue tunneling on me for ... what exactly?
    3. You accused me of having "a suspicious looking certainty" which is both scummy wording (a townie would have been inclined to just say "suspicious" instead of "suspicous looking") and ignorant of my past playstyle.
    4. You explain your worry (or hope) about trigger happy townies, and don't mention anything about trigger happy scum looking to start a duel with a vulnerable townie.
    5. You say that my behavior is stupid regardless of my alignment, which means it isn't a scumtell, even though you were treating it as one.
    6. You make a blanket statement about all townies to justify your reaction. I don't understand why a town!jil would feel a need to justify that reaction.
    7. You end by threatening to duel me for anti-towniness.

Look, I could have accepted what you were saying if you had actual scum reads. Instead you had an anti-town read that you focused your game on. I could even accept the anti-town accusations now, if I hadn't become proactive after your reaction. But, as it is, you've ignored that behavioral change and attacked every minor point you could find and misinterpret.

That's unfortunate, because I'm done dealing with you.

16. blab

blab Second Year

@Stojil: "Why?" why would it be unclear? Both of you said something along the lines of "Better me dying than no lynch" and I want to have enough time for a normal lynch.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Sorry, I feel super bad about this - I'm unexpectedly busy and devoting my available game time to another game that is in the end game.

I should have sufficient free time for this game come day 2 and I'll try to get something else up before d1 is over.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

You stated that before we did.

Who do you want to normal-lynch and why? Answer it for every possible scenario (both fontisian's and my roleflips).

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Forgot to copypaste this on top of that.

Right back at you.

Except, like I already said, the syllogism.

Seriously? You're pretending to not even know why I have attacked you, now? What the actual fuck?

Semantics and false. Come on, fonti... are you shitting me? You made a colour-readwall in post #64! You declared scum and town reads alike with no room of doubt! Please, please, go ahead and tell me where you did something even remotely like that in another game.

That's because, again, the point was that your actions caused annoyance on townies. That's why it was so fucking stupid! If you were town, you were putting yourself in the position of mislynching or being mislynched (absolutely terrible). If you were scum, of getting ganked on day 1 (absolutely terrible from your pov).

Just because it's stupid from both ends, it doesn't mean it's as likely it has come from both. What kind of logic is that?

I was not justifying that reaction. That's not the point. It's not about my annoyance. It's about me telling you that what you were doing was horrible and why.

... wow, you finally got one right. Yay?

1) Anti-town behaviour is scummy behaviour (the fuck, fontisian? Seriously? Why am I explaining this to you?).
    2) Do you remember the post where I was voting for you? That came before your anti-town behaviour, which simply added on top of it.
    3) You became proactive, sure, and what you proactivly did was:
    -bullshitting accusations.
    -bullshitting explanations to some of your previously unexplained reads.
    -bullshitting other things and ignoring what didn't suit you.

As long as you're lynched, now or later, I'll be happy to not deal with you, either.

19. blab

blab Second Year

yes, Stojil, I did...
    The point was, that if you prefer a lynch on you in favor of a lynch on nobody than it should be even more obvious why I would prefer a lynch on one of you over no-lynching. I want votes, town-kills and wagons, I don't want the same situation after the duel.

Lutris is independent of either flip, has done little and is scummy. First choice in all cases, really, but especially if the flip is town.

If one of you flips scum, I`ll look on the opposite wagon, not really happy with the reasoning of any of the votes, best is still Vira`s, I guess.
    font-scum Kalas Lucky
    you-scum Kai Bill

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I want a lynch on me if it gets you guys to lynch fontisian after. What do you think about her?