1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

J.K. Rowling regrets Ron and Hermione’s relationship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Georgesickle, Feb 1, 2014.

Not open for further replies.
  1. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

I don't know why some people seem to be missing the fact that I said the exact same thing already.

Also, Taure was banned again? How tragic.

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I don't even know who that is.

That's true, but you can stick any two random people of compatible sexual orientation together and say the same thing. You can be stubborn about it, but that doesn't mean you'll be happy.

Then again, I do believe that Ron, once he got over his pettiness, would have made Hermione really happy.
    Cept that it was still going on up till book 7, depending on how much you're willing to place the blame on the locket.

EDIT: Oh, hey, you read Percy Jackson. You're awesome.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He really seems to start changing after book 5, starts growing up in some ways. Yeah, he still has his issues as well, but there's growth there, too. I put quite a bit of it on the locket since he says that as soon as he got out of it's presence, he wanted to come back. It's the same way that Harry was all angsty in year five when the Horcrux was active in his head, connecting him with Voldemort, and also the same, though to a lesser extent when Ginny was possessed.

4. Sloth

True. He went cartoonish asshole, I remember this one line in the movie that made me crack up, when they were Camping for Horcruxes.
    He was pissy because they just heard about the trouble with Ginny and the rest had at Hogwarts, and Harry was trying to placating, telling him he knew how he felt...
    Ron responded with the glorious: "No, you don't know how this feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family!"

I just dropped my shit and cracked up. Ron Weasley had managed to go "F**k you, Harry, your parents are dead, man. You know NO pain!" in actual righteous anger.

...So yeah, point withdrawn, it was definitely 100% the locket.

5. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

I think it says a lot about people like us that we're still talking about this one interview that isn't even fully out yet.

Also, it is known the One True Pairing is Karkaroff's Aide/Sorting Hat.

6. Nitramy

Nitramy First Year

This reveal reminds me of "The End of the Maiden's Illusion", except I'm apathetic about this instead of angry.

7. Nocturnesthesia

Nocturnesthesia Fourth Year

If Hermione is a self-insert this makes sense. Got to be somewhat depressing having your intellectual curiosity stifled and any ambition solidly crushed, instead starting to puke out kids in your early 20s since, what the hell, you're already stuck taking care of the mama's-boy frat douche you married.

8. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

For the love of fucking God, why do so many of you care? This is a fanfiction site, for fuck's sake. If it bothers you that much, then do one better and write a Harry/Hermione that doesn't suck massive, boring donkey balls, or have Harry make godless love to Luna while riding on a dragon made of motorcycles. No one is stopping you.

9. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Tell me more. This sounds like it could be incredibly awesome Crack.

10. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because, at heart, we care about the stories, we care about the characters, we care about the realism of it all...

H/G and R/Hr are terrible, they were a majorly annoying and shitty impact on the story for lots of people. Especially those of us who saw H/Hr as OTP, but even for others H/G was bad. To get validation is great.

And because we're fucking nerds. Nerds obsess over shit they probably shouldn't.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

And god forbid new material surfacing should generate discussion on a forum related to the source material of all places. Shocking.

12. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

New discussion is great.

I'm hoping for some new fan fic, too, though. If this revelation generates some new (and hopefully good and original, but that might be asking a lot) H/Hr stories, that's awesome.

If it generates new and better H/G stories, by 'Pre-Word-of-God OBHWF canon purists,' who stubbornly return to HP, (like a disillusioned idiot thanklessly grudge-fucking their ex for the Nth time, even though they swore they had too much pride to cave in to yet another of their soul-crushingly meaningless booty calls) just to write more H/G as a thumb in the eye of JKR and the 'Harmonians', then that's great too.

I don't care whether it's renewed inspiration or spite that gets the stories out there, as long as they get written. :p

13. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

And yet, when I call her an attention-whore in the stupid HP-play thread I get shot down.

14. Punt

Punt DA Member

That line was from that thirty H's or something fic iirc.

15. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

16. Sloth

I believe 'making godless love' is now my favorite phrase. I invite you all to use it next time you're at a bar chatting with a girl.

Damn freakin' right.
    If I didn't think H/Hr was as terrible as H/G, I'd be far more invested on this.

17. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

18. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

My brain is trying desperately hard to figure out what to make of that Fic. The good Grammar and Spelling makes it hard to dismiss it as doublepluscrap. But everything else makes so little sense, I'm not sure whether it is so bad it's good, or just so bad.

19. Sloth

..................................................what....the...fuck...

20. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

It's My Immortal, testosterone version.

Not open for further replies.