1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Any initial reads to give, Lexi?

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rules were pretty clear about Day length but w/e. Anything to say not on Lyrium?

3. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I haven't read dick so far. I've just been looking at wagons and flips.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Shhh, no twilight. /10chars

5. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

NIGHT 3 Descends on the restless members of the worlds most deadly game show. Dresden may still be lurking around but in the chaos of culling the numbers in the name of security and activity, Zircon/OllieK was tossed into the pit. The game master remained silent for the day and made no comment. The Lights went dark with no word. What was going on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Votals:

[4] Zircon - Luckylee (#294), Aekiel (#299), Kalas (#307), Citrus (#309) Lyrium (#333)

[4] Not voting - Lexicat, Titus, Zircon

With 8 alive, it is 5 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Please do not talk until either Myself or Rubicon opens the day. I'll probably set the night at somewhere 36-48 hours so LExi can get caught up as well as so I can reset my statistics and such.

Day starts in 1 day, 14 hours and 10 minutes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LiveList

1. Kalas
    2. BillDoor
    3. Titus
    4. Zenzao
    5. Zennith
    6. Lexi (Dermon)
    7. Aekiel
    8. RuckyRee
    9. Citrus
    10. Sloth
    11. Lyrium
    12. Zeitgeist
    13. OllieK/Zircon

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  6. Koalas

High Score:
    /bumb

.. Anyone?

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    :O

I don't know what to make of this, why wouldn't scum NK?

8. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

...Did you miss the countdown?

NO TALKING!

seriously, there's 11 hours left, I explained the extended night in the previous post.

---------- Post automerged 02-19-2014 at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-18-2014 at 08:55 PM ----------

No voice awakens the crowd of gameshow players. The light simply snap on.

It's not enough that the silence is cloying but a dry rotting smell permeates the area. Another has been killed in the night.

RuckyRee has been drained of blood.

The fear solidifies into a cold sharp cage in which these people are trapped in with monsters. Where is Dresden's usual method of flame and force and destruction? He must be hiding in waiting so he doesn't make a mistake.

Day 4 dawns.

LiveList

1. Kalas
    2. BillDoor
    3. Titus
    4. Zenzao
    5. Zennith
    6. Lexi
    7. Aekiel
    8. RuckyRee
    9. Citrus
    10. Sloth
    11. Lyrium
    12. Zeitgeist
    13. OllieK/Zircon

With 6 alive, it is 4 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Deadline is in 1 day 23 hours 50 minutes

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Ok, we have 6 left. My opinion of Citrus hasn't changed much. There's usuallly one scum that behaves until near endgame.

Part of me says we should massclaim when we believe only one scum is left. Discuss.

10. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

This is MyLo. Massclaim by Popcorn is a good idea. I want Titus to go first.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

[vote]Lexicat[/vote]

The only people who know this is Mylo are scums. Town would be open to various possibilities.

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Vote Lexicat

12. Koalas

High Score:
    LL does strike me as a Lexi esque kill. Or a Titus kill. I'd like to see Titus then Lexi then Citrus claim.

13. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Let's look at this for a second, shall we?

If all 3 scum were left alive, the game would be over. Which means we have 1 or 2 scum left.

First off, I'm of the opinion that there's no way in hell that with the Sloth and Zircon lynches, we actually hit 2 scum. So calling it MyLo is a reasonable interpretation which-

Secondly, is the SAFER interpreation, because it means we don't let scum manipulate us into making a game losing decision without all the pertinent facts.

Finally, there was a reason I wanted you to go first, and you've just shown it. Your play here has been extremely scummy, and your immediate hop onto me with a "scum slip" reeks of opportunism.

I want you to claim and Popcorn before I vote, because mylo lol voting is bad right now, but I feel like you're definitely scum, and I have a decent idea of your partner, but I'm gonna be rereading.

---------- Post automerged at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Just for the record, if you ever think "this is someone Lexi would kill" it means I'm not scum.

My entire MO as scum is that I never kill the person people would expect me to.

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Look at this. I mean, what does this REALLY mean? It means we MassClaim TOMMORROW, if we're not dead, because then we would know there is only 1 scum left for sure!

Of course, that relies on us not being dead, which the scum can achieve today with a mislynch. This is a clearly scum motivated post with 2 prongs:

Prong, the first: Limiting town information. At this point in the game, with no role reveal on death, the scum's greatest advantage is that they know the alignments of everyone who is dead and thus know what the scenarios being played out are. By making this comment, Titus is saying that massclaiming today SHOULD NOT BE DONE, without actually having to directly say it. Obvious scum motivation here.

Prong, the second: Titus is looking to provide cheap and easy content to make her look more town, without having to hammer down a read. You can see this is both her post here, asking for opinions on her "massclaim" stuff, and then in her immediate jump onto me claiming I scumslipped. Desperate for ANYTHING to make her look town without having to give too much of herself away.

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

This, BTW, followed by a use of the Mafia's secondary kill onto BillDoor(or Zeit, I guess, but more likely BillDoor) tells us very clearly that Bill was counterclaiming Zennith, and Zennith was assuredly scum.

---------- Post automerged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Oh yeah, totally forgot about this.

Lyrium and Titus for the scumteam feels reeeaaaaaly good to me. Let me go look at some VCA.

14. Titus

Titus Squib

Lexi, you are trying to push me as the lynch. Poor play.

We have at least one scum dead. That doesn't mean the other two were town. You have precise knlowedge. If we have one scum, we can bone them, but I want to force it tomorrow. That is provided I was still alive. If we have two, massclaim may not bone them.

You also throw out a buzzword like opportunistic. Opportunistic is jumping onto a wagon to ensure a lynch and shorten the day.

I will start popcorn if Aekiel wants. He is the near conftown, so I have no problems with that.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I don't need to look town. I am playing cautious town. Very rare for me, but I am near required to do so.

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

[4] Luckylee - Aekiel (#108 ) Sloth (#80) Citrus(#90) Zennith (#91)
    [6] Sloth - Zenzao (#82) Dermon (#83) Kalas(#92) Zeitgeist(#94), RuckyRee(#96), BillDoor(#98 ),
    [1] Zeelthor - Zircon (#32)
    [1] Zircon - Lyrium (#127)
    [1] Not Voting - Zeelthor,

Ok so this scares the fucking shit out of me. I know that Dermon was town since I have a town Role PM. Which means that there is either 0 or 1 scum on that Sloth wagon. If the scum team was Lyrium Zennith Zeelthor(Titus), I guess that makes sense, and obviously Sloth's play wasn't great...

Still, I can't help but shake that maybe Kalas needs a closer look taken at him. It's extremely possible that Lyrium just derped yesterday.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

If I am alive, and there is only one scum remaining, we should win. That should be a sufficient crumb to ensure I cannot fake without outright claiming.

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

When did I ever say I have precise knowledge? I'm making an educated assumption for the good of the town.

---------- Post automerged at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Titus, stop with your fucking soft claiming shit and just fucking claim.

Seriously, if you're a PR who is being an dumbass and making scummy moves, I need to know right now, along with all your actions.

Fuck it, I'll even claim first. Dermon (and thus I) was/am a Vanilla Townie. Titus, go.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

This is definitive knowledge, rolefisher. You don't have doubts as to Mylo status. I do. Even then, I will be around generally to make sure no speed voting occurs.

Why are you so desperate for me to claim? Is it because you want to get me and Citrus out before your buddy?

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Then again, if Citrus is your buddy, having me claim first helps him.

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

This exchange has told me that one of Citrus Lyrium or Kalas must be scum.

If Lexi is scum, then she has a partner, meaning one of those three is scum.

Kalas, Rucky is a poor kill for me as he is one of the only ones I am close to.

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

You know what? I know because you're from MS you think you're hot shit, but you're literally either scum or fucking braindead.

If you're town, and town loses this game, you need to take a break from Mafia, or learn to play better, because the things you are doing will cost town games.

Why am I desperate for you to claim? Because you're fucking scummy as shit and if you have a claim that makes you indisputably town, (which BTW is not 100% because there are no rolereveals and scum could take a shot in the dark guessing a role that someone who is dead my have had, but that's a low percentage play ANYWAY so) then I have some shit I need to look over involving Kalas.

And if you read, it is anti-town to assume it's NOT mylo today, because if you DO then you're giving scum leverage.

---------- Post automerged at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

But basically you don't read, because you've got a gigantic fucking ego and no brains to follow it up with. Claim in your next post if you're town, or I'm going 1v1 with you and you can be responsible for this town losing if you're actually town.

---------- Post automerged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Forgot to color code this. Green is town by way of mafia kill, blue is lynched by town and thus semi-unknown, purple is lynched by town but very obviously scum from circumstances, white is still alive.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

I don't care what your uppity attitude is. It is anti-town to give scum more information. I refuse to do so.

This game will not be ruined because of me. That is poor AtE. Cautious methodical play wins. I am hardly being scummy. You are just repeating that over and over.

It is natural to take a step back when one of your scumreads townfirms himself in your eyes.

I want to force the scums if we claim, without the entire picture.

As such, I will begin popcorn if Aekiel wants. Not a moment before.

---------- Post automerged at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

You are pushing the 1 v 1 for no reason. This is poor play. You are saying Mylo voting is bad. Mylo tunnelling is worse. Shut it.

Make your case. If it persuades Aekiel to the point where I should claim I will.