1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

There's some potential references in the actual lore for it actually.

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This actually is part of what I meant. It is a decision, and a few times it is a hard one, but it's the pay-off that's stingy. I go after the fleeing enemy every time I can afford it (always in normal, often in hard mode) in hope of getting an item for my trouble. I got one (1) in both playthroughs until now. Also, I always Charged on my second one to get more enemies, and the renown is not even close to enough to level up my characters, and 1) like I said, I almost always take the second fight with the stragglers for more renown, and 2) I ignored everything in the market (some by design, the rest because it sucked).

I think that, at the very least, they should give out more items (especially to reward you for taking risks) and also give you the chance to sell them. Maybe it's just my OCD acting up, but it's maddening to see the leveling-up icon with not enough renown to do anything about it.

I'm looking forward to that.

3. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So who else got into the Beta of Titanfall?

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Stickin' to my refusal to interact with EA games as much as possible. Titanfall looks interesting, but it seems like a pretty standard FPS at the end of the day (From what I've seen so far), so it doesn't hurt too much.

---

Now this may be strange, but did anyone play the game Crime Fighter as a kid? Holy shit, I remember loving the game so much. It was like one of the first ones I ever played on PC.

http://www.pssoft.de/english/index.html

Managed to find it here, but I can't get it to install. I'm not quite sure what I would have to go through to get it playing. Anyone have some advice?

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Titanfall isn't my thing. Bots + low player count sounds boring to me, in that kind of game.

That, and I've been playing mecha games since i was a kid, so i don't lose my shit at the first sign of one.

Evolve, on the other hand, looks fantastic.

6. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Rando question: has anyone got into early access for HAWKEN and have any thoughts about it?

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I played the beta back in 2012. I imagine it's changed a lot since then, but back then it was a pretty fun twitch shooter with some interesting mechanics based around the whole mech thing.

8. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I liked it a whole lot back then too. Since it's on steam now I bet it will get a boost in players as well.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Bravely Default. It's a pretty goddamned awesome throwback to the JRPG's of old, something that I thought to be a lost art nowadays.

10. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Bravely Default is a pretty cool game. It gets kinda tedious once you hit chapter 5, though, because:

You travel to a parallel world where all the bosses - sidequest bosses included! - are still alive. For plot/grinding reasons, it's a good idea to fight all of them again. This happens again in chapter 6.
    I'm still really enjoying it, but I think it's kinda starting to overstay its welcome a little bit.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Supposedly it's a FF game that just wasn't titled FF.

That fair?

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Friend bought it. Described it as the best FF game in a loooong time. Just waiting on my EB to restock it :(

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think so. I'm not THAT far into the game, but thus far I would hold it up against anything in the series. Best work I've seen out of Square since the SNES glory days, and it's damn good to see that they can still deliver the goods when they deign to go back to their roots.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, err, since SNES? You don't rate ff vi-x then, i take it?

Ppl swear by the SNES jrpg glory days. I preferred the PS era, tbh.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think IV and VI are superior to any of the PlayStation titles, and I think (thus far) this game is as good as those two were. But that's just my opinion.

*Shrug* I think the only spectacular thing that generation brought to the table was the Suikoden series. I've already stated that I think the Final Fantasy titles were better in the 16-bit era, and I'm struggling to think of what else there is to hold up. Maybe Xenogears and Legend of Dragoon, and some of the Tales and Star Ocean titles. But most of that stuff wasn't done by Square.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Fun fact, Bravely Default's original title is "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy." So while it doesn't actually call itself Final Fantasy, it still has FF in its title.

Legend of Legaia was pretty great too.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I think flying fairy is the jp title? Don't quote me.

18. Solomon

Solomon Heir

That would be where I got that, yes.

19. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I recently beat both inFamous games. Good series. The second one was a massive improvement over the first, though there were still some things in the first one I preferred over the second.

This newest one has me a bit wary with the whole "edgy punk" protagonist though. Reminds me of the new Devil May Cry a bit too much.

You know, I really felt like inFamous, the first two I mean, should've been set up as a trilogy. The Beast would've shown up in a third game, and the second game should've been more about preparing for it, I think. Admittedly that does sound a bit like Mass Effect, but hey, I think it'd work better. inFamous 2 kind of felt like it was too divided between the story with the Beast and the story with Bertrand, I'd have rather they split them into two separate games to give each more focus.

20. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The new one looks like a similarly huge improvement over the first two from a gameplay perspective, at least. It's still a little too early to tell with the story, but I trust they won't fuck it up too badly.

Not open for further replies.