1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant III) || CONCLUDED

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Mindset tells are different to language tells, Titus.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Also my reason for running up ika is not meta. It is that sorting me and ika is of great benefit to the town. Our history is full of conflict but that says nothing about his alignment.

---------- Post automerged at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

No they aren't. Language is how one determines mindset.

Are you going to scumhunt now?

3. Bill Door

That reasoning is like the definition of meta...

Mindset tells are about the reasons for saying stuff, language tells are about using particular words. They are different.

I would if I could. I need people that haven't posted to post before I can scumhunt them. If I had anything to go on from the posts people have already made I would have.

4. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

At the time of this post i had a problem with him but it wasnt voteworthy. Remember what yap said? Not every FoS requires a vote follow-up.

I'm waiting for your return on this... I find it odd that you have a slight lean on bill but null on proph. Bill was more "im joking around" and proph was more scum huning oriented. I exepct a good reasonsing on why hes more town then proph here.

How about you dont watch and engadge. You are better then that the to watch.

I can see BD, but i am undecided on fonti, i am actualy leaning more on you and you are tryint to distance the connection now.

Porios giant case wall. I am considering it to be good enough. But it has yet to make me give you your town status. You linked me to a game before where you did that with both your allies. So im willing to go with it for now. But I expect a followthorugh on the others.

Elaborate on the bolded part.

This is before your wall of rebuttle but to me, why would you have to say "ya i can rebuttle it but i dont want to" i find this to be bad.

You dont need others to scum hunt. A town should and can scum hunt alone. If you need people to help you scum hunt your just saying "i need to blend in"

mod can we have vote count?

i want to see where the votes are atm, im used to being able to pull them up at moment notice

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Oh come on BD, I should be the easiest to scumhunt. Either you think I am being real or fake when tunnelling you, or you should be asking questions to find out. Yes, this is the earliest I have ever tunnelled.

Also meta is so and so did his, so they must be his alignment. Nothing about my beef with ika has anything to do with that.

6. ika

correction: titus reason on running me up is becasue i called here on a 1v1. there was no meta involved as far as i can tell. i use meta to find titus alignment more often. she aslo has some stuble diffrences in playstlye that i can find.

---------- Post automerged at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

For me yes, others, not so much titus.

7. Titus

Titus Squib

Ika, you are a much more gut/informal logic player. Formal walled cases work better with me. Depending on the person, cases are best tailored accordingly.

You've given me at least something to work with but I can't tell if you are bussing Door and trying to link me with him or whether you are actually thinking I am distancing BD. Oh well, I don't mind a little suspicion day 1.

Why do you like Fonti?

8. Bill Door

Or maybe not everyone scumhunts in the same way as you do? Meta is when the events of previous games affect your actions or reads in this game.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Overly broad definition, as learning from prior games would be meta.

Ask an alignment relative question please. I don't mind being Professor Titus but it may drag down the game.

10. ika

Allow me to clarify, i think you are distancing becasue porio caught him early on.

Porio is giving fonti town, you are not.

To me it sounds like you are distancing while throwing suspicion onto another play to not make you guys connected.

this is more kinda me not knowing the term but what is "language tell"

---------- Post automerged at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

How about you scum hunt the people that are here? Ask questions? stir up some dicussion?

its not hard

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Ika, you should know that term. Basically a language tell indicates the mindset of a player. Ex: Dehumanizing the target to make them easier to lynch. The comparison of lynch targets to horses suggested CMG didn't want those payers lynched.

For a more non-mafia example, when President Clinton said he didn't sleep with "that girl" had plenty to imply about sleeping with other women who were not Hilary.

Not sure what you mean by Porio giving Fonti town...

You also didn't answer what you thought of Fonti and why.

12. Bill Door

Because I can't think of anything to ask. I could ask a load of random questions but it wouldn't be helpful. It would be asking questions for the sake of asking questions. That's not scumhunting. That's just looking like you're scumhunting.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Also who or what is Porio?

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Porio = Prophylaxis. His name on another mutual site is Poriomania.

BD, ask a random wuestion about the game then.

---------- Post automerged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Give us a gut feeling. Give something BD.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Do you have a problem with me not placing a vote or don't you? Are you deflecting?

I don't like how you're allowing discussion to revolve around you (wasting day discussion time?) without contributing anything very useful. Proph gave a fairly insightful wall on you, and your response is that you don't want to defend yourself unless everyone said you have to? That's a scum perspective isn't it?

What? I said I wanted to reserve my read until he returned, the entire point of reserving it is that I don't reveal it.

Proph, you still haven't responded to my (few) questions of you.

15. ika

I did you just dont understand. I need to get you to focus on me more so i can sort you out.

porio=proplaxis

also random question can sometimes lead to great discovery. I do it all the time and it may look pointless but it can help others. here you are just rejecting an opertuinity that i have given you.

16. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yo, I'm backing out due to a family medical emergency. I've already PM'd Zeit, but I thought I'd post here so everyone would know. May my replacement (Lexicat?) live up to my glorious legacy!

17. ika

Thanks for the clairfication. Gtg for a bit

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Ika, how about you directly answer me. Say Fonti is town cuz reasons or Fonti is scum cuz reasons.

19. Bill Door

Can you use the names people have on this site to stop it being super confusing?

I'm not going to do stuff just for the sake of it.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

No, because I want ika to be transparent. When he says Porio, it makes him easier to read.