1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant III) || CONCLUDED

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Lyriym, seeing was never the issue. Understanding it is. I hav the subtlety of a sledgehammer, so I put a message only ika and Prophy should get.

---------- Post automerged at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Prophy was paranoid of me buddying him as well.

2. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Yes, I saw that Titus. I don't understand why he's defending or white knighting two players so hard though but that maybe "blah."

Misdirection is my thing when it seems like scum might think they are super clever and getting away with it.

Fonti, hun, waiting on you. Times ticking and all.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

...Did you just fake a quote? I'm 99.9% certain I never said that

---------- Post automerged at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

And make that 100%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no excuse for totally faking a quote. Or is he trying to literally paraphrase? Bill Door, you've sealed your fate in my eyes

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

*cracks knuckles*

Have you ever heard of the Zorro rule, Lyrium? You should, it even trumps the garcia rule. Here's how works: When questions are addressed to you, you fucking answer them. You do not dance around them, you do not deflect, you do not settle for questioning the intent of the questioner and think that will get you off the hook.

You answer the fucking question.

Now, your play this entire game has been close to worthless. You attack everything that moves for shitty or nonexistent reasons. You went after both Proph and Bill Door, playing off both sides, but when I asked you for a precise case twice, you gave me bupkis. When I asked you what you got out of your vote counts, in order to drag some analysis out of information, you ignored me. When I asked you to clarify what you were hiding in post 268, you didn't deign to respond. Are you reading my posts, Lyrium? Do they register for you, or do you just want to keep taking cheap shots.

You can't hide forever, dear. Come out and play with the big kids.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Ooh site specific lingo. Define the Garcia rule please. I like rules. Rules are my bitch.

6. Lyrium

Are you retarded? I gave you a precise case for Prophylaxis. I've been giving reasons why he is suspicious since he first town!confirmed you in a two minute play, early in the day, when barely anyone had posted and you hadn't even done any scum hunting other put a vote on him for his random Zircon vote and then took it off just as quick. It seems like an entirely manufactured play.

Why do you keep ignoring that bizarre-ity?

At this point in the game only one town player should be really sure of any other town player's alignment. Hell, people should be questioning me more.

What do you think I'm hiding in post#268? Why can't you repeat yourself? I like when people have to repeat their questions so they can hide behind a nebulous "I questioned you, duh, why can't you answer my questions that I can't bother to repeat."

Look at the fucking votes on Titus, does something strike you as strange about them? If I survive to another day I'll be posting times as well to add to it.

If I were hiding I wouldn't have such a big target on my back already and I also wouldn't be suspicious of people who aren't asking me tough questions.

Ask something tough, don't just fuck around.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

*can't hide

7. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

@Zeit

Did my vote on #332 not register? I thought I wrote it in the correct format.
    Again then: Elect Guest of Honor: Lyrium

--

@Nemrut

What makes sense??? This didn’t seem to be replying to anything in particular.
    The fact that there’s two wagons? That’s been there from the start, you can’t just have noticed. You also hop to the next wagon the second Prophy points it out.
    Unless you mean the bit about Bill not voting for Titus, which is…ridiculous as so many have pointed out. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Titus’ logic is actually spot-on on her argument on why he wouldn’t.

--

@Lyrium

How have I buddied up with Prophy? I’ve always been cautious of him so far (and Fonti, as a result), and my whole deal with him was that I’d back off if he voted for you as GoH and proved to you he was town.
    At the time, you were voting for him. This makes no sense.

Disagree on this. Fun is getting logical, strong arguments and working with them or pointing out their flaws, a game exercise.
    Fun is not empty screeching, complete avoidance and either feinted or just pathetic outrage to partner with said annoyance.

--

@Prophy

So did I, though it didn’t register for some reason. Hoping it pays off.

I’ve seen. I took your arguments, I pointed out what I didn’t see, and you’ve said more or less the same thing. I’m just not as convinced it’s the stronger argument.
    As for Titus, you never pointed out what you saw as wrong in my own big wall post on why Titus is scum, so I don’t know where you see the flaws in my arguments in order to counter them.

Now, here’s what I’m planning on doing: I’m at my desk right now, and I have no patients until after lunch, so I’ll be reading and playing close attention to everything that’s said.
    I won’t be changing my vote. I still see Titus as scum and there’s still time to lynch her. It also wouldn’t make a difference, seeing as Bill Door currently stands at 7 votes by my last count, so he’s dead anyway.
    If, for whatever reason, his votes fall under 7 and there’s absolutely no chance for a Titus lynch, I’ll switch my vote just before Nightfall, and vote for Titus again first chance I get at D2.
    I’ll also be going through Bill’s latest post, since I haven’t had time to read them carefully.
    Aside from that, if anyone feels like asking me questions, go ahead, but since I’m also doing some paperwork on the side, don’t expect my usual long wall of post.

8. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Day is over in twenty minutes, and it doesn't look like we're going to get a lynch, which is fine since it goes to Long Feng. I'm not going to switch my vote, because, again, what I said originally was based on analysis up to page five, as I disclaimed like three times. If someone here genuinely thinks that Bill was the most suspicious player by that point, I don't even know what you're smoking.
    We prevented the Joo Dee vote from going to random, which is what was really important, and I have a solid townie read on Lyrium from the few scraps of posts I've seen while skimming the thread, so I think we can say day 1 went pretty well.
    I'm not going to have time to post any more reads or thoughts. Sorry, guys.

---------- Post automerged at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Also, before I can read any further, can someone let me know which username corresponds with player 'olliek' because I still have no clue.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The notion that Titus and Ika wouldn't openly engage like that if they were scum made sense to me. That was what I was referring to.

10. Lyrium

OllieK is Zircon, Schro. I don't know why he's even allowed into game when he doesn't post. Douche move.

A look at Fonti's posts:
    Post #93, asks Citrus a soft ball question. Doesn't have any opinion herself.
    Post#102, Defends Bill citing meta
    Post#110, Deadline votes Bill Door with the statement, "I'm going to ride this wagon."
    Post#112, Jokes about Prophylaxis buddying her
    Post#115, Questions Titus on why she didn't move from Proph to Bill wagon
    Post#158, Once again asks Citrus to give a read. Doesn't push him.
    Post#168, Focuses on Titus and Bill Door. Tries to take focus off or !townfirm Sloth (second time).
    Post#224, A post to say that she won't be posting. Excellent.
    Post #228, Scumreads Titus and Bill Door, at this point both the popular targets.
    Post #230, Post without explanation.
    Post #232, Posts basically "NOU" to Titus.

Am going to keep going but want to put this out there in case of timing.

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

what quote did I fake lol?

12. Sloth

#353: I actually think this is genuine scumhunting and raises some questions about Citrus, even if I don't agree with a lot of it. No time for an in-deph analysis, but if anyone wants one let me know.
    #376: It was Titus that said that, not Citrus.

...Except that by their own admission, they stated that they do it every game they're in? So much so that if they hadn't here, it'd have instantly been suspicious to those that know them?
    Was your entire vote on Titus based on Titus and Ika together? I didn't get that impression, yet this post hints it as such.

---------- Post automerged at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Once the day restarts, Lyrium, I want some answers from you.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    @Everyone complaining I am annoying, I don't see why and I don't care. Did I insult anyone? No. Is this game frustratingly transparent, yup.
    For me it's because you make the game not fun to play in. Also the way you've been incredible arrogant about being wrong.

I've said everything I can say. If you guys are gonna lynch me then I wash my hands of this game.

Citrus is probably scum. Nemrut is his most likely teammate. Other scum possibilities are the 2 inactive people, fonti, Titus, Ika.

Ika is probably only scum if Titus is too. Titus is idk wtf. Fonti is very blargh. That's all I got."

Copy paste of your post. I did not say the words in that quote box you made.

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

This, it makes it harder for us to make a lynch AND this is the second fucking game in a row he's doing so

14. Titus

Titus Squib

Sloth, I love the discredit. As to tunnelling me, I say bring it. Nothing I say is empty.

Schrodinger, OllieK is OllieK who hasn't posred and will be replaced probably.

15. Bill Door

It's a quote from Titus' post, no idea why it links to yours.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Sloth is right on ika/me. That opening was necessary regardless of alignment.

17. Bill Door

It should like to #357

18. Lyrium

Continuing on fontisian's posts:

Post #251, "Sloth is town by the way." Umm...okay. Sure, we are going to believe that based on your other strong cases. Also her response to being interrogated by me or Sloth has been to read us as town. Instead of you know interrogate us for the fucking scum we might be, which is town mindset on day one.

"Hey Nermut, give me some reads. Fake edit: Oh you did, but they're very nullish. Pressure someone." Doesn't follow up on any of the people she's asked to give reads to. Why?

"Proph: What part of the case against Titus isn't clear? I'm going to have to turn down your lump offer, but I'll offer the reverse if you join me on Titus."

Everything in the case against Titus isn't clear. Everything on Titus isn't clear but fonti wants to lynch the fuck out of her?

"Citrus: Thank you." He hasn't made a solid play as of yet so what is he being thanked for?

"Everyone else: Titus is scum. Help me lynch her."
    No.

Post #330, Is asked by Prophy if she followed up on something she mentioned. She says "Nope. Didn't think it was worth following up on."

Like most of her points that she doesn't follow up on.

Once again reads Sloth as so town even though she disagrees with his case about Prophylaxis. Good logic skills there.

Attacks Caligula who reads her as scum. Challenges him to scum hunt so she can get a read on him but has yet to scum hunt anyone other then Titus herself.

Am going to keep going until Mod says day is over.

19. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not saying that it is perfect proof but if it does turn out that one of them is scum, the other is going to be the next target and it seems unwise for two fire nation citizens to do that.

I haven't played with either one before, but I would think that the suspicion of openly communicating like that if they are scum outweighs the suspicion that might have come up if they hadn't.

My initial suspicion on Titus and Ika was due to them defend each other to a degree, especially after the confusing beginning posts. But them being scum together was a rather big part. Am not entirely convinced, of course, but am less suspicious now.

20. Sloth

.......DEFEND each other????

(...did I get the end-time wrong or something? THIS is why we need a countdown)