1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant III) || CONCLUDED

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

At this rate the game will be over toNight o.o There was a lot more uncertainty in the Dresden one.
    And awesome, Mia’s sorta-perfect kill is gone.

So, to recap, Caligula town, Ika town, Citrus town, Schrodinger scum (and no one was surprised).

Small rant: I woke up to discover that Ika’s Town and the Day was cut in less than 24 freakin’ hours.
    …Why the hell did he do that? We were never going to have an issue lynching Fonti.
    Lynching someone else yesterDay would have told us if we at least got one scum right, that was the POINT of it. If he was so into getting Fonti, he could have done it as soon as D3 started with no complaints. Or, hell, if we had been WAY off, the vig would have done it and he wouldn’t have needed to go.
    Am I the only one that thinks this was a waste of the ability of the only other player aside from the Governor (dead!Titus) and the GoH (Lyrium) who can match the infiltrator? And now the Spirits definitely have the Pierce against them.
    Was he afraid he was about to be lynched? No one was taking the WIFOM too seriously; there wasn’t even attention on him.
    …Ugh. Fine, whatever. Moving on.

Mod: Is the Pierce a once-per-game ability, or is it a once-per-night, as the Spirit Protection?

--

Caligula is dead, so I guess he’ll never be able to answer my questions about why I’m supposedly Scum. For the next game, he REALLY needs to start explaining himself.

…Well he wasn’t lying about this being your first game.

--

@Prophy
    You know where I stand on you. YesterDay didn’t do you any favors, especially when your explanation for Caligula being probable Town (shortly after he vouched for you being Town, and all), was almost the same explanation you ever gave for thinking I was: “Like his conviction, feels genuine.”
    Not to mention that queer little exchange with Fonti:
    Which feels practiced and looking at it from the right angle it seems like she’s subtly Townfirming you.

You posts yesterDay were otherwise vague and useless. You were busy, and I don’t question RL excuses (at first). But it’s now D3, so step the fuck up and give that Wall you promised.

--

@Nemrut
    That’s the thing though, isn’t it? In between those two posts, she said nothing in particular, to you or anyone, about her being Town. She was right, and I was wrong about her. It changes absolutely nothing as far as you go.
    That’s the argument: You changed your vote despite given no reason to, your responses to being pressured on that were weak and resulted in both Titus and I (and others) calling you on it, and ultimately, the vote change rings so very bussing, switching to Bill as the Hammer Vote, when it’s most convenient and to appear the most Townlike.

Finally, this is the extent of your only post in D2. Granted, it was cut short, but I slept through half of it (cue exasperated glare for ika), and even I posted more than that.
    More importantly, after several pages of the others talking and trying to decide what to do for the best of the Town, you spent it trying to weakly defend yourself against one vote a few pages ago no one even commented on or seemed to particularly agree with.
    Oh yes, hyper-aware defensiveness. Very Town-thinking. Much Earth Kingdom. Wow.
    [​IMG]

Deadline Vote: Nemrut

Come out to play.

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Oh wait, Schrodinger isn't dead.

Rescind Vote.

Deadline Vote: Schrodinger

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

There's no reason to lynch anyone else since there's no longer a possibility of a Vig back-up, so might as well get rid of him.

Also, if we're going by the photos Zeit has been using, I'm pretty sure Fonti was Azula, which means only Ty-Lee is left.

2. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Also, one more thing that happened in the Night:

[​IMG]

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I have no idea why the scumteam is suiciding themselves into oblivion.

Deadline vote: Schrodinger

Yeah, planning on looking at Schrodinger + fontisian interactions soonish. Game should be on PoE mode, with Schrodinger confirmed as scum.

4. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Because Ika is a fucking idiot, Sloth. I've been saying it since my first post. Unfortunately, I let font and proph talk me into making a sub-optimal soup decision. Live and learn. This is what happens when you suck at mafia.
    Deadline Lynch: Schrodinger

5. Sloth

Wrong vote format, helpful scum.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Time for bed all. Night. Try not to end the Day on me again.

6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Schrodinger is Mai because his incorrectly matched kill still went through.

Fontisian was either Ty-Lee or Azula meaning that we may have one scum left. I'm not sure what to make of the pictures used by Zeit.

We need to try to use this day to hunt the last stealth scum. Town, we can do this if everyone posts content. Please, post content.

7. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Actually, I'm Iroh. If you don't lynch me, I'll prove it by breathing fire tonight!

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Realistically, we're looking at Lexicat or Nemrut for the last scum, with an outside chance of Lyrium?

Prophylaxis
    Sloth
    Lyrium
    Lexicat
    Nemrut
    Schrodinger

FONTISIAN INTERACTION ANALYSIS

| denotes responding to a quote or a question, or a vote.
    - denotes a passive mention.

Multiple occurrences in the same post are redundant. If a post contains both | and - for the same player, only | is mentioned.

Some | may be demoted to - and vice versa depending on importance.

Code:
    Nemrt: -|
    Proph: |||||||----
    Sloth: |||-
    Lxict:
    Lyrim: ||||||

Lexicat has no interactions, because she checked in late.

Has some stuff that makes me want to move Lyrium up higher:

Thoughts? A bit wary, because font was probably set up to be the WIFOM shot, though it's rare that scum actually plan out their interactions (Rubicon was the Loose Cannon in Witchhunt and he didn't). font's also played with me enough that she can adapt her game to slip through my analysis tools.

Has some weird stuff on Nemrut that I'm too lazy to look at for now. Hoping to get much more value out of Schrodinger.

SCHRODINGER INTERACTION ANALYSIS

Code:
    Nemrt: -
    Proph: ---
    Sloth:
    Lxict: --
    Lyrim: |--

Wow Schrodinger is basically useless for interaction analysis. His only telling post is:

Not sure if newb scumbuddy would thank their own scumbuddy so blatantly.

tl;dr: Interaction analysis is pretty bad because we're in endgame when the game started five days ago. I don't think the Bill mislynch would be all that useful for votal analysis either, due to it being easily justifiable because it was close to endgame.

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Thoughts on a font/Schro/Nemrut scumteam?

Fencesits with the "Hmm", and coaches Nemrut with the "give me reads" and "pressure someone".

..In response to Nemrut.

@Nemrut

Can you link me to the most recently completed town or scum game you've played recently?

9. Schrodinger

High Score:
    That's not what your wife said last night, m8.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

HMMMMMMMMMM.

11. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

The Azula picture is used to universally describe any Night Kill. I only used a Mai one for this Day opener because Schrodinger's role would be exceedingly obvious.

12. Schrodinger

High Score:
    The fact that Fonti was azula is just a coincidence, huh. I thought it was on purpose.

13. Lyrium

Prophylaxis, how about we do analysis by actual content instead of more of the bullshit you’ve been spewing since you tried to town!firm Fontisian.

Here are the posts where you tried to claim Fonti was town or defended her or worked with her in a way that townies shouldn't be capable of: 106, 108, 212, 247, 249, 253, 259, 264, 267, 333, 374.

Remember, town doesn’t know who the hell anyone else in the game is so they should have some healthy suspicion of everyone in the game. However, you defend the fuck out of Fontisian because you didn’t expect her to get caught out by Titus and then by me, little Lyrium.

I have a post by post analysis on you and will post it in the morning once I’ve crossed checked you with your buddy Schrodinger.

You took a huge gambit with your opening play and it was bullshit. Your pseudo interactions with Schrodinger right now are as artificial as your opening interactions with Fontisian.

Ika and Titus are both town!firmed. Ika stated that only you were able to read the meta language between you, him and Titus. You successfully souped Titus but Ika was suspicious of you so you didn’t get him.

Without any reasonable explanation, and being an adept mafia player you continued to try to protect your scum mate, Fontisian. So basically, eat your words because you are the scummiest fuck in this game.

Oh and how do you know that Bill was a mislynch? Only scum would fucking know that. The rest of us would have no idea if he was a town mislynch or a scum until toDay is over.

We’ve got your deceitful, conniving buddy Schrodinger today and I have faith that town will get your despicable scum fuck corpse next day.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

With one scum most likely left in the game, they can still soup us so please town for the love of God do not indicate your role in any way.

14. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Lyrium, I know you're shitty at counting, but there's no maybe when it comes to 3-2=1.

15. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    @Sloth : Dunno what to tell you, man, slept through most of the day and had only a bit of time in the morning before going to my internship and when I came back, day had already ended. We probably have different timezones. Right now, it is around 8 in the morning for me.

Anyway, Lexicat, Lyrium, Prophylaxis and Sloth, one of you guys is scum, the other the cabbage merchant, no clue as to what is left.

Lyrium, we had generally a good read on, but of course, she hasn't been that good on calling out scum so far. BD could be scum, true, bu I am going with the assumption that there is still one scum left. If I am wrong, we have won at the end of the day anyway.

Dunno if that means something but have been looking at who has or has not been voting for Lyrium as the guest of honour and the first four people have been now dead town people and Prophylaxis. Schrodinger voted for BD whereas fontisan voted for Proph. Sloth and Schrodinger voted after me, with Schrodinger changing their vote to Lyrium after it was all but inevitable that she would become the guest of honour. So, the general unwillingness of at least two confirmed scum people to initially vote for Lyrium, makes me more confident in the notion that Lyrium is town.

@Prophylaxis

I was scum in this game, and I think I participated in two games before that but I don't really remember them at all.

Sloth so far is my number one scum read. His posts have been way too long so far, mainly targeting those who have been confirmed town by now, he was fairly agreeable with Fonti, and his arguments aren't really that reasonable to be practically writing essays about them.

Lexicat, has a relatively similar posting style as Lyrium so, was not that worried about her but Caligula had a rather strong scum read on her, with either sloth or Schrodinger as scum buddy and hey, he was right about Schrodinger, so, I am not inclined to ignore that. Especially since he was killed last night.

Proph, I am inclined to think that he is indeed town, since accusations towards him were rather thin so far and both Lexi and Sloth are more likely to be scum at this point.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Lyrium

Pretend I'm 100% confirmed town.

Re-evaluate your reads from there.

Who do you think are the scum in this group:

Lexicat
    Nemrut

Reread the game, and look at the game from the perspective that I'm town, and wanted for her to be town this game.

I feel like you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, here, where you randomly decided to hope that I was scum this game, and you're trying to hammer it despite it not fitting. Because I'm town.

Interaction analysis is analysis.

It's one of the strongest tools in the game.

With several scum flipped, you can take a look at their interactions and find their buddies that way very easily, mostly by either strange interactions, or lack of interactions.

Why *shouldn't* townies be capable of working with someone they thought that was town, early game?

It's like you have an accepted baseline of what townie behavior should look like, and are tunneling the people who don't fit this standard.

I didn't see any glaring alarms by fontisian in her first couple of posts (where I usually get her) and I wanted her to be town this game. Obviously, I was wrong. Reread the game from that perspective.

Condense it, and call it a case.

If someone goes into a PBPA thinking someone is scum, they're going to come out of the PBPA even more sure they're scum - because they'll twist everything they read to fit their prior expectations.

And that's what you're doing, here.

Pull your head out of your *** and start playing the game, instead of "HitTheProphyPinata".

Again, you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Instead of dismissing my interactions with fontisian as "artificial", how come you don't quote them and tell us why you think they are.

I am terrible at interpreting hints and breadcrumbs - hence why we couldn't get a single nightkill in Tiny Hunt 3. I had no idea what ika was talking about.

Bzzt. I'm town.

If Bill was scum the game would be over right this minute. If Bill was scum, we'd lynch Schrodinger, and we'd win.

There's a lot of redundancy in here which basically boils down to "stop twisting everything that you see to fit your prior reads, and accept you can be wrong, and reread the game from an open perspective".

Because I'm town.

17. Sloth

@Zeit
    Thanks for the info. You haven’t answered about the Pierce though. Is that something we’re not allowed to know about?
    If the Spirits protect someone is it announced?

This has been an oddly quiet day so far.

@Nemrut

I love how this post…
    1. Addresses none of the points in my last post, or the one before that, in any way other than ‘I don’t know what to tell you.’ Look, even if you’re town, that’s freaking terrible.
    2. Claims my wall posts (something I always do), aka, scumhunting, as a sign of scumminess. I have never heard of that as a scumtell.
    3. In NO WAY explains how my arguments aren’t ‘really that reasonable’ and instead just says they are. Doubt-casting?
    4. Oh, also that little bit about responding to being accused as scum by claiming your accuser is in fact the scummy one.
    I actually don’t know what you mean about me ‘targeting those who have been confirmed town by now.’ Do you mean talking bout Titus/ika after their deaths? Because that’s bullshit, I’ve never continued to harp on them, just used their actions and words to see who could be scum in turn. (Like, example, you.)
    Maybe you meant targeting them while they were alive, in which case, get off your high horse. Half the people on D1 thought Titus was scum and I was convinced myself, I’m still surprised she isn’t, and at the time, I had no way of knowing otherwise.
    As for Fonti, by the end of D1 my suspicions on her had doubled. Why? The deleted posts. Did anyone else get to read them? Regardless, I was going to grill her on D2, but, you know what happened then. Before that point though, yes, I was reasonably sure she was Town – mostly by PoE where I was tunneling Titus and so convinced she was scum. I had suspicions on Fonti, which I brought up, but that had nothing on Titus, so I ignored them.
    …Titus… …ugh. I’m going to need to make a special ruleset when dealing with her. -__-

I would let this go, except, once again, all you did, all you cared about, was defending yourself against one lone vote. I went into more detail on my last post about this, read it again, since you apparently skimmed it. Why did you not help the Town?

--

@Prophy
    I think I read your code well enough, though first time I’ve seen something like this.
    Make one for Nemrut – I’d also like to hear the thoughts you were ‘too lazy’ to give.

18. Lyrium

Do you know why I haven't been NKed yet? I have my suspicions but I will share when I need to. I'm willing to die at any point though. My survival means nothing in the face of a town victory. Nothing.

On a few players we have enough content to lynch them into the next century. On others we barely have enough to get a strong read.

I'll play the game that I need to review each and ever post with a neutral mindset. Let's try that and see what conclusions I come to.

Every town player needs to get a deadline vote on Schrodinger. Every town player.

Questions to get the ball rolling:
    1. The Spirits are overwhelmingly filled with town right now: Ika, Titus, Citrus, Caligula, and Zircon (Zeit is he participating as a Spirit or is that another blow below the belt against town?).

We aren't 100% sure about Bill Door and are 100% sure about Fontisian as a scum Spirit.

Schrodinger is a talking corpse. He will be joining them toNight as scum Spirit.

That's still 5 town, 2 scum, 1 unknown.

Scum have souped once correctly and twice incorrectly. They NKed two town players without knowing their roles for sure.

What is the worst the scum can do tonight?

What does town need to do for a victory?

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Sloth, you're my biggest town read right now. What's your read on Proph?

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

So here's where I stand. Gonna remove Schrodinger from my list since he's confirmed scum,, and myself from my list because I'm confirmed town to myself.

Leaves me wth Lyrium, Sloth, Proph and Nermut.

Sloth has been town all fucking game and I refuse to believe he's anything other than that.

Lyrium's posting recenty has gotten a shit ton better than her early stuff, so I'm less wary.

Nermut is hard to get a read on, so admittedly this is rather weak, but I think I have a handle on him, and if I'm right about him, he's town.

So that leaves only Proph. Whose interactions with both Fonti and Schrodinger have been abysmal, especially considering they both souped. I'm certain this is where the scum is. A Fonti/Schro/Proph team just makes too much sense.

20. Schrodinger

High Score:
    You are 100% certain that Bill Door isn't scum because if he was, we wouldn't have gambled last night with the soup. Idiot.
    Yes.