1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Souls II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Fishy Justice, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Are you talking about illusory walls? Press X/A (depending what console you're playing on) to remove them when standing near/in front of them, because trying to roll through them or hitting them no longer works.

2. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

You're right, but I'm worried that it'll become a much larger issue when I try to farm for Titanites/Items later in the game.

3. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Use the rusty coin when you're grinding for items. I don't know how much it will help, but it should be enough.

FE: Also, given you can find a Titanite Slab in the first area of the game, I wouldn't be too concerned about having enough titanite anyway.

4. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I guess I should wait till I finish NG before bitching about a lack of souls/items. Also, where the hell is the Titanite Slab located at? I've been tearing apart the first area, but I can't find shit.

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

In the Forest of the Giants there's a room with an illusionary wall that you can open with Pharros's Lockstone.

6. Cyrogen

Cyrogen Second Year

Fuck that
    invader
    in the earthen area. Such a dick.

7. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

So out of curiosity, how many people on dlp in the North America's will be getting the game on pc? Wondering who I might be able to do co-op with or potentially back stab when it drops the end of April.

So happy I will be done exams then.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I'll play, it comes out right near my mid session break.

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Hahahahah, fuck the Executioner's Chariot. What a ridiculously dumb, terrible boss.

10. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've died so many times trying to get through one door (5 dudes with Flambarges) that the enemies leading up to it no longer respawn.

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Made a bunch of progress today. I went all the way through the Iron Keep route, got the ember for the Bastille blacksmith (who sells the Uchigatana, Longbow, and infinite Iron Arrows) and got a blacksteel katana (which is basically an Iaito) for myself. I'm pretty stoked about finally having a good weapon for my build. :D

12. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Same here. I finally found a Greatsword, which is good since I'm currently running a Str/Faith build, but I really need to find a ring that'll increase my maximum Equip Burden. I can't use the Greatsword without going above 50% EB unless I wear no absolutely no armor, which sucks donkey balls.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

There's an equip burden ring in No Man's Wharf.
    There's a house with poisonous pots in it. Part of the wall - I forget where, exactly - is breakable, and there should be a chest with the ring behind it.
    It's only 10% though. If you want a better one you'll need to go to NG+ or talk to a thing while wearing the whispering ring (that you wouldn't be able to speak to otherwise.)

14. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Isn't that the Poise ring?

Can you give me any tips on how to get past that fucking room? The Bastille one that I'm having trouble with.

15. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Nah, you get the Poise Ring very early in the game when you kill the Ogre (white Hippopotamus monster).

Instead of fighting those enemies, just run past them and down the stairs. Go all the way down and into the hallway with large broken steel doors. Climb the ladder, get out of the cell you'll end up in, head to the right, and run into the boss room. If you have any spells, miracles, or pyromancies, then equip them. The next boss is weak against them.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Trolling bell guardians is so fun.

E: At least until they stop invading. :|

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  17. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Is it just me or is the Ultra Great Sword swing mechanic fucking stupid? My Greatsword never swings in the direction I want to swing it unless I stop moving completely and swing or 1h it.

18. Cyrogen

Cyrogen Second Year

I've noticed that too. What GS?

So somehow I missed the Gulch completely. Made my way down there today, Honestly the most dangerous thing about that boss fight was the fire pits.

19. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

The Greatsword called the Greatsword that actually happens to be an Ultra Great Sword. It's looks a lot like the Great Lord Greatsword from DS and has a lot of nicks.

20. Cyrogen

Cyrogen Second Year

Ah, I've been having that issue with regular great swords. The Zwei too, so it may be the class.