1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

We should care because something about his post is a little off. He says that he's a strong town PR. Is it possible, considering Proph's mention about journalists, that a journalist/reporter character is in play? And Rubicon is that character? If so, why Nemrut? I want to know, because all of this is confusing the fuck out of me. :/

2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not ready to vote for Sloth or Rubicon as of yet. Nobody's saying anything of substance, so we should probably let things develop a bit more before truly bandwagoning. Anyone who would push that hard at the moment would seem a bit fishy to me, to be frank.

---------- Post automerged at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

All of this is confusing as fuck to me. Things have escalated much too fast.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote: Zeitgeist

Titus, put your extra vote to good use and join me on this?

As a strong town PR, I would say it to quickly move us out of RVS, get reactions, and so that the scum team would say to themselves, "He must be bluffing for reactions" and leave me alive.

As a vanilla townie, I would say it for the same reasons, and so I get to laugh at scum if they decide I'm NOT bluffing.

Well, maybe you don't.

4. Zennith

High Score:

Why? Please, go on.

5. Rubicon

He's scum.

Do you think he's town?

6. Zeitgeist

That was a super quick reaction, Rubicon. I'm now putting you and Sloth as unaligned pair. One of the two of you is probably mafia, at least in my book. All this confusing dialogue between you two and tunnelling reminds me a little of SW1, with Vira and KaiDASH. One of the two were mafia. Which one of you two is it? Also, the way that this entire debacle escalated does not make me happy. Not at all. :/

Irdiumstern, please answer my question if you have time.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unless Rubicon is a cop who could check people on Night 0, without a high cost, and he managed to hit scum, his vote was RVS, and thus, doesn't really matter. If Rubicon flips scum, then we can look at Nemrut as a potential teammate.

Oh, I forgot one last reason Rubicon may have said that. He might be hoping to receive gold from other people.

8. Zennith

High Score:

I don't think you know one way or the other.

9. fontisian

Hey Rubicon, give some actual reasons to Zennith's question, or I will lead a lynch down your throat.

10. Rubicon

Which neatly avoids the question. What do you think of Zeitgeist so far? He's posted a fair amount.

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Do you think not giving a detailed response to that question at this point is a tell for me?

11. fontisian

I haven't decided. What I do know is that the way you are repeatedly dodging the question is annoying and unhelpful, and if you don't get your ass into gear on your own, I will have to force you to do it. Clear?

12. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Zeitgeist: Sloth put down more reasoning than Fonti, at least in the initial stages of this mess imo. He voted before me, and I had no more reasoning than he did initially. I'm not seeing excessive zeal. It seems you are casting my actions in a more positive light than his, when I said the same thing he did.

I do consider it odd/suspicious that he semi-evaded fonti's question in #10, but considering that Fonti didn't jump on that, Fonti probably considered the response adequate. Fontisian has significantly more experience than me, so I trust his judgement on this.

Rubicon: Why did you vote for Zeitgeist now?

13. Zeitgeist

That last sentence makes me wonder, fontisian. If Rubicon isn't a vanilla and is actually a role, like a reporter, he could potentially be either a pro-town power role that requires gold for some special ability or a mafia role whose special abilities require gold to activate. Either way, I certainly don't feel comfortable giving him gold until either he or Sloth are dead. As an unaligned pair, one of those two is mafia. And until that question is sorted, no way should we voluntarily fork money over to him. :/

Also, if Rubicon is actually scum, his posts gives the impression of "refuge in audacity". He sidesteps questions while yelling and attracting attention to such a degree that some more naive players might decide that he's being too obvious to actually be mafia. Either way, I want Sloth to get his ass back in here and comment on this nonsense, so we can decide which of the two of them should get a lynch first.

14. Zennith

High Score:

I think, at the very least, he seems far more reasoned and less reactionary than you. I HOPE he's town, because he's making smart posts and responding well to what people are asking. Even better, he's responding by explaining his own reasoning thoroughly, which you have yet to do. So, you know. Go ahead and do it.

15. Zeitgeist

Good answer, although I still have some suspicions about you. But your post does move you away from "Scum" to "Null" in my mind. Honestly, part of my reaction to Sloth is because as his previous mod, I know how much convoluted thought he puts into his posts, and I know that he wouldn't vote like that unless he had something to gain. Considering that he knows the scum objective is to jump on lynches, I found it really perturbing that he was voting without real substantive explanations or justifications. Of course, now Rubicon isn't really acting like an innocent daisy, so there's that.

16. fontisian

Stop role-speculating right now. Keep it to your qt.

---------- Post automerged at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Re-read post 10 for me. It's the one where I voted for Sloth after he dodged my question.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

I am here. I am a double voter. I can vote one person twice or the same person twice. My votes will be called Alpha Vote and Baker Vote. Those terms have no significance beyond helping the mod and players understand where my votes are.

Alpha Vote: Citrus
    Baker Vote: Zennith

Citrus, ask aspecific question. Don't rolefish me.

I agree that Zennith is question dodging.

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Derp, I can vote one person twice or two people.

18. Zennith

High Score:

Uh, what?

What have I dodged?

19. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Ah, I missed your post 18 while I was writing that up, sorry.

Titus: Does your ability take gold to use, or is it always on?

20. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

I think my brain died a little trying to figure out all this clutter.

I'm gonna go read this several times over and try to figure out what the fuck happened here.

At a glance all i seem to have figured out is that titus has 2 votes, and a lot of people have speculated stuff.

I will prob try to get to this in about 12 or so hrs to try to clear everything and do a big brain dump. I just know if i try to make sense now. Its gonna be a garbled mess.