1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Zennith, your responses to Zeit are overly defensive and assume things but provide little answers.

Ird, my double vote does not require gold. It will stop after a certain point, which the mod will confirm when it stops provided I am alive.

2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

That's because I have no answers. I honestly don't know what you are referring to that was defensive... nobody's asked me anything real. Feel free to, by the way.

3. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Titus: Fair enough, thanks for the answer

Sloth: Why'd you disappear all of the sudden? Come back! Post!

4. Titus

Titus Squib

#28 reads scummy to me. Also, it was asking you for an opinion. You basically told him he can't know shit which is really close to a slip, if not one.

I am abusing conftown status to not load the thread with questions but watch and learn.

5. Zennith

High Score:
    How could he know anything? How is that a slip? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you love to derive meaning from places where it isn't, if our last game together is any indication.

6. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Titus: When were you confirmed town? You're confirmed power role. I haven't seen any information that says your ability can't be part of a scum role.

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Oh, come on. Is this the blind leading the blind? Get some common sense, people.

Why is everybody assuming that Titus is town? She could very well be a mafia doublevoter or anti-town role. Hell, she could be a bloody Daenerys or Warlocke, for people who played Warlocke Hunt and HoT1/2. I'm not saying that Zennith isn't slippery, because he is evading the question, but not even question Titus's authority is very similar to what I did when I trusted fontisian in Witchunt 3, before mislynching Vira. Don't make the mistake I made. Can we at least ask her a few questions before blithely jumping the shark? She could be as scummy as the next person. :/

8. Titus

Titus Squib

Yeah, really defensive post. People can see things you cannot. Also, I did catch Fonti scum. My association shit was bad last game, but I am really good at watching behavior and seeing alignment. Why so eager to discredit?

9. Zeitgeist

QFT. /10 char

10. Titus

Titus Squib

@Zeit, Mafia double voters have happened? Oh...guess I am not conftown. I have never seen that.

11. Zeitgeist

I'm not being defensive. I'm simply pointing out that if you are a scum doublevoter, blindly labelling you as town is a potentially disastrous move for the town. I, for one, don't want to see us burn in a pile of dragondung if you are mafia.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

Zeit, that was at Zennith. Ninja posts are evil.

---------- Post automerged at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

For clarity, 48 is a response to 45.

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Good night y'all.

13. Zeitgeist

This response feel really manufactured to me, as though you're casually trying to avoid something. I don't know why, but it feels very off. I've read your posts in ATLA mafia and know that when you're actually town, you don't respond with such pseudo-ignorance. You normally claim to be quite knowledgeable in mafia matters, and you rightfully so. Hence, my eyes are narrowing at this blithe post. You don't want Citrus to role-fish you.

Why are you so reclusive about your role? Are you afraid of being investigated or of revealing your true alignment? See, while I don't suspect you as much as Rubicon or Sloth, you're certainly not the towniest person here. Everybody else reading this post should actually think twice before following Titus's posts. If she's a mafia doublevoter, that only makes her twice as influential and dangerous.

14. Zennith

High Score:
    Apparently answering "I don't know" when asked if I think someone is scum is being defensive. Interesting.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

And hold it. Hold it right there. Titus, you did not catch me as scum. You latched onto something that I always do and were lucky enough that I rolled scum. Every post past that post was based on shit tunneling reasoning, that in no way resemble the reality of my posts, which is why no one listened to you and Proph ripped your case apart with ease.

And back to the game.

Double voting is extremely powerful for scum for endgame hammering purposes, which is why it is almost never given to them. Add that to the very towny decision to split the votes on two different people, when Titus could have easily coasted by voting for one person twice, and Titus is obv!town. As is Irdiumstern, actually, though for different reasons.

16. Zennith

High Score:
    Unless she knows this, and is using it to her advantage.

17. fontisian

She has a double vote. She can't fake that. What are you saying here?

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Ok replying before leaving.

I am reclusive about my role because the less mafia know, the less they can plan. I am not afraid of being investigated.

I claim to be knowledgable about mafia theory, but not this site's meta. I had never seen a scum doublevoter, so I assumed I was conftown. Site meta here says otherwise. My lack of site meta is why I asked for a mentor. I know a lot, but I don't know everything.

I definitely don't want to be rolefished for the same reasons any town wouldn't. Just because my rolefly is open doesn't mean its wise to get naked. What would you do if I suddenly asked you to claim?

19. Zeitgeist

What Zennith is trying to say is that Titus could know that doublevotes aren't usually given the scum, due to balance reasons, and that splitting her votes will make her seem more townish. In this caustic and chaotic environment, dumping two votes on the same person, especially somebody like Sloth or Rubicon, would attract attention. And Titus is smart enough to know that.

Just because doublevotes isn't usually allocated to scum doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't happened. "Assume" makes an ass out of you and me. Titus may be likely to be town, but she is not "obv!town" until proven to be. Taking it for granted otherwise could lead to our disastrous loss. :/

20. fontisian

Zeit: What specifically prompted this post?