1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. blab

blab Second Year

Unvote Zennith
    Vote Sloth

Zennith seems too easy, and he is actually playing better(/at all) now.

Plus I like Sloth/Zeit more on reread than Sloth/Zennith, which is one offhand statement

2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Riley, what makes you think Sloth is town, out of curiosity?

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Similar gameplay to what I saw during Dresden. Plus I don't know much of his meta, but he seems to be playing pretty smart. He's definitely got town paranoia down to a 'T'. Moreso though, his interactions with Fonti seem pro-town if a bit newb-ish.

Just FYI, you're on the second list because I'm always thinking your scum. Just like I'm always viewed as scum. We unfortunately have a shit playstyle in certain respects.

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Also, he's only town because I've more worries about those listed in group A than I do him.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Riley, I hate self-defenses, especially from players not under attack. Please provide the evidence to back up these statements. If you have a shitty playstyle, why don't you change it?

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Your scumteams are also bad. A) They assum scum early busses. B) Citrus doesn't make sense as scum with Zeit also pushin me as scum. C) Zennih makes no sense as scum with me. D) Your teams assume three scum, which has no foundation just like Fonti's four scum lacks foundation.

5. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

GIANT BRAIN DUMP:

3: hint at killing role?
    4: PR also? Amnesiac?
    10: “speculate”
    13: you know I don’t plan on jusifiying half of my votes. I just vote who I think is scum.
    19: Zeit: why does every single action require justification? I still don’t understand most ppl acting like that.
    26: Huh? The esculation of the insanity is a good thing. It allows much discussion to be made. The only thing that was missing at the time was me. I don’t get what made you unhappy?
    31: *instert deliberate ignore font post here”
    36: commence role speculate
    37: titus I’m just gonna generate a giant wall of questions for you then and then proceed to ignore you. Really citrus or anyone has a right to rolefish you because you are outed as a double-voter. Your role is the most public one known here, so its only fair that we ask you role specific stuff. If your just gonna be dense I can just ask host and then reveal it.
    44: Titus we don’t need another Parker here…………
    Remember last time?
    47: Bad player mindset? Titus will try to take command when she has power like that.
    53: don’t worry im immune to titus directing.
    58: titus you understand theres also more that others know then you as well?
    61: look into further
    62: seeing how you are an outed double-voter expect me to deliberately rolefish you. It also just as easy to ask the host as well though. But then I can never get a tunnel with you.
    -So question titus, when will you double-vote derp lynch me?
    66: noted
    76: “Know?”
    79 “loaded questions”
    80: I can anser that, he has an easily confirmable role.
    83: gold is gold, you use it or you don’t
    94: read
    106: im catching up with my brain dump. When shit hits the fan between everyone I get all confused and I need a good amount of time to sort it all out. Heck even now im still lost on all this clutter.
    107: don’t worry about the me vs titus, since shes a double voter I am taking a different approach. I like to make Titus ultra-paranoid I’m secretly tunneling her.
    109: titus again, if you think something benifcial, just say it. That is unless you want me to try to pry it out of you.
    113: I’m not going to try to change your thinking. You should have independent thoughts. If you think I’m scum, that’s your deal. I don’t care what people view me as.
    124: titus, the same could be said for you about part one.

i think my brin just fried after forcing myself to read it all...

---------- Post automerged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

oh and titus, a nice tibit.

expect some soma tonight.

6. Riley

@Titus: What self-defenses? I gave what I feel are the scum reads I'm most worried about. One is gut reaction, the other is based on interactions.

I assume three scum as that's the most common, if it's more I'll re-evaluate. That said, your reaction to my two groups seems fairly overdramatic.

As for changing my playstyle, mayhaps you should go read some old mafia games. I've tried, others can attest to that. It really doesn't change the fact that I'm usually touted as scum or ineffective.

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

@Titus: If you're looking for me to post quoted interactions, I'll start as soon as you do. :)

7. blab

blab Second Year

... I kind of want to lynch you on principle for your posting style.

Also, did you read this rule?
    [7] No funny stuff like invisible text, tiny text, cryptography, or acronym claims. In addition, don't use personal codes/references no one will understand other that the recipient.

8. Riley

@Blab. The numbers refer to post numbers. The words are responses. I don't see any code. o_O

9. blab

blab Second Year

/tencharacters

10. Zennith

High Score:

But we all understand them except you, apparently.

11. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

He's possibly referring to "oh and titus, a nice tibit. expect some soma tonight."

12. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Ugh, the Parker crap again.

@Irdium
    No, I didn’t reply to it, first because it wasn’t a question addressed at me, just some random, half-baked comment not worth the time it would take to answer.

Which leads to the second, and most important reason, this is one of my playstyle guidelines: I don’t address irrelevance. Not unless it’s explicitly stated as a direct question, and there’s some sort of Idiot Ball being passed around that makes it gain actual ground.
    I’m playing with smart people, so I trust them to use common sense and see what I see, and why it’s ridiculous. Hence, if you’re going to pressure me on something and expect me to address it, in this or in any other game, you better make sure there isn’t an obvious answer staring you right in the face.
    Because I do not tolerate stupidity – and if I’m actually left having to explain the obvious to you, I will not be nice about it. You have been warned.

However, you’re newer than me, so here’s your freebie:
    Fonti is calling my comment at Zennith on #61 as coaching him. From others, that might warrant and answer, but from her, it’s ridiculous.
    1: Easiest one. Does she honestly think I’d be open about helping? Or even help at all? The guy who’s comfortable lynching Town to get at Scum would go out of his way to help a scum and shoot himself in the foot? I’d bus the hell out of him.
    2: Also, for someone that relies so heavily in meta, even game meta for how Proph would create the game, she seems to forget I used almost some of that exact wording on Lyrium when I was pressuring her as possible scum last game.
    3: …Why would I, they guy on his third game, be coaching anyone? Let alone Zennith, who did much better than me in Dresden.
    Think it through, it’s not hard.

--

@Blab
    …When did I defend Zeit?

--

@Rubicon
    Funny, to me it reads like me following up on my biggest scumread of the moment and stating reasons for doing it in the following paragraph.

The focus on Zeit isn’t the problem, but the focus of your questions is strange.

There’s nothing to be gained by constantly focusing on whether you’re bullshitting us with your PR, you claim it reveals information, but I’ve yet to see it do anything but cause confusion and doubt. You’re keeping all the questions and focus revolving around your super-duper special role – and it’s pointless to do so, since we won’t have anything concrete on it on D1.
    That’s where I feel your focus is wrong. You should be drawing focus on what other players are doing that’s scummy, not drawing focus back to your role and your back and forth with Zeitgeist.

Who’s Zeit’s potential team? If he flips Town, who should be the next target, in your opinion?

Because of this^, Rescind vote for now.

--

@Titus
    Not sure why we’re suddenly dismissing this possibility: Proph’s wording and the hidden nature of the roles make this sort of setting perfect for more than two factions.

--

Finally,
    Based on latest developments:

•Zennith:
    S+3. Initial impression of vanilla play, however got very defensive, very quickly. Counts as 3 as he hasn’t really stopped or tried to take the heat off of him.
    T+1. Seems to be making a comback, but reserve judgment for further actions.
    Look for possible scummates.
    SCUM (+2)

•Zeitgeist:
    S+1. More agitated than in other games, especially over Titus’ nonexistent conftown status.
    S+1. Answered Zennith’s question for him. Coaching?
    T+1. Valid concerns over Titus.
    Suspects Rubicon, Titus, and myself.
    Doesn’t use common sense regarding me jumping on a bandwagon.
    SLIGHT SCUM (+1)

•Iridumstern:
    S+1. Asking all the questions, while not offering anything tremendously useful of his own.
    S+1. Despite pressure by Zennith, continues to play in same manner
    T+1. Newb moves?
    SLIGHT SCUM (+1)

•blab:
    S+1. Hasn’t said anything of substance, all of it so far has been IoA, asking basic, general questions, and giving noncommittal statements to answer (“Huh. Hadn’t thought of that.”)
    Did not answer question, responding with adorable hostility and deflection by…claiming I defended Zeit? Follow-up? o.o
    Calls answer stupid, despite us being blind and it being a perfectly legitimate possibility until we know more. Never bothers to explain why they are stupid either.
    SLIGHT SCUM (+1)

•Rubicon:
    S+1. Initial random vote post and ‘claim.’
    S+1. Tried to direct the double vote.
    S+2. Posts deflections, avoidances, and trollings, not actual information. Also some useless questions thrown there, to keep focus on him. Counts as 2 due to it being 90% of his posts
    T+2. He does post very relevant information and insight every so often, buried in the dribble. Could be an excellent Town tactic (Made more likely by #108.)
    SLIGHT SCUM (+1) (gut says Town)

Meaning, Lynch Vote: Zennith

13. Riley

Tibit is probably meant to be Tidbit, but SOMA might be a mafia thing like LYLO.

---------- Post automerged at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

@blab: I will admit it is kind of strange. However with the multitude of spelling errors I'm inclinde to give him the benefit of the doubt until an explanation is given.

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

-_- Inclined*

14. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Can we get a vote count?

Haven't kept track of it this time.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Soma is a note that includes the ability to use actions twice. It is derived from the same game Parket and Lichtmann were in.

Citrus, I know you have access so it is FM 18.

That's probably the fairest way to handle that. I will respond to the rest when i get back.

Unless you intend to link that ika, quit using references to it.

On the road again...

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm working on a long post. In the meantime, ika, what are your reads?

17. Zennith

High Score:
    Sloth, I'm curious what you mean by this? Explain more in depth, please.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

@Sloth, I am not dismissing third party. I am saying this discussion is bad at this time and devolves into useless theory.

Parker had four votes in FM 18.

I will ask the mods on that site if they will allow access w/out a login.

19. Riley

How about we just stop using it as a reference period than?

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well yeah, but the net effect of your post is that you defended Zeitgeist, while calling him a slight scum read. Which is pretty bad.

I've only mentioned my soft-claim when asked a direct question about it, and all my other posts have been hunting scum.

Prove the above sentence wrong?

Why did that sentence make you unvote? It doesn't say anything I hadn't already said, to you, directly.

Probably fontisian.